PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Spiderbox 6000. It's been a brief affair.

heyho
07-03-2014, 02:19 PM
Bought at Christmas I have just upgraded to a Vu+ Uno.

Would I recommend the Spiderbox 6000 to anyone - god yes. It's a great little box. At under £80 you can't go wrong. Excellent picture quality, specially HD. Loads of support on here as well. It will probably find a home as my second receiver when I hook up the Vu+ box to my main TV.

So why did I replace it. Quite simply because I like playing and customising.

The Spiderbox 6000 (plus the support on here) would make it fine for anyone that just wants an entry level satellite system. Could I criticise it - well yes. The GUI for starters (and this has been explained on here) and also the lack of a decent EPG would be my main and maybe only gripes.

Keep up the good work Spiderbox.

jbvid
07-03-2014, 02:46 PM
@heyho
Yes, got to agree with you there, no real Spiderbox 6000hd complaints from me at the price they are, I too like playing and customising and although going off topic slightly I have opted for the Duo2 so perhaps see you in the VU section.
jb

tybusta1
07-03-2014, 03:05 PM
Sorry to see you guys go, i love the spiderbox 6000 but then i've always had spiders, great boxes for novices does every thing i need it to do and like you guys said for the price its fantastic

regards

ty

jbvid
07-03-2014, 03:25 PM
Sorry to see you guys go, i love the spiderbox 6000 but then i've always had spiders, great boxes for novices does every thing i need it to do and like you guys said for the price its fantastic

regards

ty
Hi
We won't be going, well I won't, just expanding, still keeping my 6000hd.
jb

tybusta1
07-03-2014, 03:29 PM
My Bad, sorry jb welcome back again lol even though you never went

viduka
08-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Didnt take long. As I predicted !!!! :victory-045:

Bought at Christmas I have just upgraded to a Vu+ Uno.

Would I recommend the Spiderbox 6000 to anyone - god yes. It's a great little box. At under £80 you can't go wrong. Excellent picture quality, specially HD. Loads of support on here as well. It will probably find a home as my second receiver when I hook up the Vu+ box to my main TV.

So why did I replace it. Quite simply because I like playing and customising.

The Spiderbox 6000 (plus the support on here) would make it fine for anyone that just wants an entry level satellite system. Could I criticise it - well yes. The GUI for starters (and this has been explained on here) and also the lack of a decent EPG would be my main and maybe only gripes.

Keep up the good work Spiderbox.