PDA

View Full Version : Picon issue on Enigma2 / Black Box

heyho
13-03-2014, 07:46 PM
I've read some of the posts on here about where to place Picons on Enigma2 flashed with Black Box

Originally I went with the default /usr/share/enigma2/picon and they are displayed correctly under a CoolTV / MyMetrix configuration.

BUT this was when I had around 600 Picons in this directory. My collection has grown to around 2,600 now and I find that these cannot all be copied into /usr/share/enigma2/picon (seems to be a limited of around 1,000 or so Picons then you get a failed copy).

So I copied all the 2,600 onto a folder called Picon on the root of the HDD and then configured it by opening the picon.py file and modifying /media/cf/%s/ to hdd. Also tried ln -s /media/hdd/picon /usr/share/enigma2/ but I still dont get any Picons,

Any suggestions?

echelon
13-03-2014, 07:50 PM
do what most people do and use a usb drive in the back of the box (like I do on a duo)

see the duo forum or other vu forums for guidance, possibly the sticky threads too

a usb drive in the back is excellent for use on picons and storing epg data and a swap file , never mind other possible uses

heyho
13-03-2014, 07:58 PM
Cheers Echelon. Will try this.

But using a HDD device should work shouldn't it.

echelon
13-03-2014, 08:15 PM
it should work from hdd but the problem is the hdd will keep having to be "woken up" and therefore you get freezing and delays due to the spool up time, hence the use of instant access usb solid state sticks for this , it also applies for epg data and the swap file too

you can see recent picon threads in the duo forum where ray was asking I think