PDA

View Full Version : weak satillite signals with vu+duo2

Carl Newton
17-03-2014, 10:31 PM
Hi all, Don't know if any one can help. I have just bought a vu+duo2 for a friend and loaded black hole image. used a vboxII positioner to set up satellitesat at my house to get use to the system all worked perfectly. When I took it over to him I reset the system to his all in one motorised dish and it struggled to find the satellites and those it found were very weak. any reasons why? all suggestions welcomed,

echelon
17-03-2014, 11:16 PM
sounds like the usals isnt sorted correctly , or if it is then his motor and dish are not aligned correctly for his gps location in order to match usals

Burnham
18-03-2014, 02:36 PM
To add to the above.

If you set it up correctly initially in your house to match your VBox you would have turned off USALS on each satellite.

Probably the easiest approach is to load a fresh image from scratch using a USB stick and set everything up using the start up screens.

clipper
18-03-2014, 07:12 PM
have you changed the tuner to simple and positioner
from advanced that you used for diseqc 1.2 via the v-box
and then added the correct long/lat settings for that
address.

Carl Newton
19-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the help. I think i will go with Burnham and do a fresh start. the motor should be set correctly as it worked fine with his dreambox. I did follow the set up instructions on this forum. however I must have missed something. tanks again