PDA

View Full Version : it might not be you.

chippy
23-03-2014, 11:41 AM
this might be a little help to some of our members, i have had my solo2 for a while now and i thought it would be a good box to start learning about enigma2 and all the related features that you can find out with some research. However i often found that many of the features that are in the plugins wouldnt work, and i also couldn't connect to my box via filezilla or dreambox edit, i spent hours trying to work through what i must be doing wrong. everything appeared to be right. What i didn't realise was my bt infinity wifi whilst showing blue and connected was constantly dropping on and off.

now this has been sorted (hopefully after some very frustrating and lengthy phone calls to an indian call centre) i find that nearly everything works, and the boxes features are working a dream. so please dont be fooled by the blue light on the modem, and it might not be something you are doing wrong either.

i still cant work out how to stream from laptop to solo2, but that's a side issue. Also i am using vonets wifi bridge which i find works well with this superb stb. cheers all, chippy.

echelon
23-03-2014, 12:03 PM
moved to the correct forum as was asked in the original post

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?133588-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Duo post #8 explains how to set up networking from a NAS or a shared folder on windows pc