PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a Icecrypt stc 6000 using "usuals"

todray1
28-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Hi has any one tried setting their dish using "usuals" I have been told that once you have done it once, it becomes easier.How difficult is it and does it work. I have just got myself a new Gilbertini and would like to know more before I start setting it up.

Thanks

todray1
31-03-2014, 08:58 PM
I find it hard to understand why have not one reply to my question. Have I been blacked or something else.
I have never tried setting with usuals and would realy like some help please;:confused:

Thanks to all that have taken the time to read my post.

geoffh
31-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Hi todray1 sorry you haven't had constructive reply it can be frustrating and dissapointing.
Below is an extract of a conversation I had with somebody I know, who is expert about usals but I bottled it and used the Diseqc 1.2 method
You must enter your location co-ordinates to the stb.
Then select Thor 1west then use the "Go to Reference" in the positioner setting menu, (sets the motor to zero which should be due south) if the dish is set up correctly.
Once the dish has moved you should only need to nudge it a little using the Move commands to find the signal from 1 west. and save the position.
This go to reference command should reset the motor back to the Zero degree.
The success of USALS depends on how accurate the mount was when first installed. If the mount is correctly aligned then entering your long and lat should allow the receiver to predict the sateliite positions
It does work well on the STC6000 and the S3550 but again it does depend on the motor and its alignment.
From this point on I have no idea except that when you select the sat you want to select usals
Thats the extent of my knowledge. I dont think you can do any harm but let me know how you get on.

todray1
01-04-2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks very much for the reply geoff.:respect-046:

You have come to my assistance once again. I am not going to have a go for about two weeks due to other commitments but will let you know, as you say it cannot do any harm.

All that I was worried about was if there were any pitfalls to look out for.
Thanks for the info, will let you know how I got on.

Regards today1.