PDA

View Full Version : Dish1 with Monobloc LNB for 19E/13E and Dish2 with simple LNB for 28E

drh
31-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Good evening folks,

My setup used to be Dish1 with Stab motor for 19E-30W and Dish2 with simple LNB for 28E.
Switching between dishes was done with a Diseqc 4 x way switch using 2 x inputs and the Diseqc 1.0 receiver menu.
Motor = 'off' for 28 E and 'Diseqc 1.2' for all other satellites.
All worked fine.

Now I've dumped the unreliable motor and Technomate 6800 receiver combination.
I've kept the fixed dish at 28E connected to the 4 x way switch i/p no.1
The motorised dish is now a fixed dish and I've bought a monobloc LNB for 19E/13E.
I was going to connect the monobloc to 4 x way i/ps no.2 and no.3 but didn;t realise the switching in internal to the LNB and there is only one connector.

Perhaps I should have bought separate LNBs and run an extra third cable from one of them to the 4 x way switch.

Is there any easy way to switch between Dish1 LNB1 and dish2 Monbloc LNB A/B ?

Thank for any help in advance.

Any ideas, please echelon?

Thanks.
Dennis.

Aldo
31-03-2014, 01:32 AM
Maybe you could read this thread, and get some info as to what your requirements may be:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?63936-Twin-lnb

digicon
31-03-2014, 10:00 AM
you will need a 2 way Power pass switch to be able to connect the monobloc to the 4/1 diseqc switch, so 1 cable from the monobloc into the 2 way power pass and then 2 cables from the power pass to say something like Input 1 and the second to input 2 and your 28.2° east dish to input 3.

drh
31-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Very many thanks. More homework needed I think.

Roadrunner
31-03-2014, 05:08 PM
I used to have what Digicon advised and it works well. Its important tho that the monoblock is connected to ports 1and2 of the 4x1 switch
as it will allow to pass a correct signal to ports 1 and 2 on the monoblock. ie: your receiver sends a command to your disecqc on port one and it passes through
the additional switch to the correct port on the monoblock also. same with port two. If you connected in any other combination it wont work.
Also important to use a splitter with power pass on both sides like the one in attached photo. So the signals can pass to both ports of the diseqc switch.
http://i61.tinypic.com/2lc4odu.jpg

from that photo:
top of the switch goes to the monoblock
Bottom ports are connected to ports 1 and 2 of the 4x1 switch and the extra LNB is connected to port 3 on the 4x1 switch

On the box you can then set 1of4 and 2of4 for the monoblock and then 3of4 for astra 2. I used to have identical setup here before I started expanding number of dishes/lnbs and it worked well

drh
31-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Roadrunner, thank you. That is exactly what I am looking for.
I will get the parts together and give it a try.

Big thank you.
Dennis.