PDA

View Full Version : You Tube not working ?

drh
31-03-2014, 09:01 PM
Just got round to setting up my Spiderbox 6000HD and in 'standard' form (no patch, just a factory reset) found You Tube locks up the box and it has to be powered off and on again to regain control. The network connects fine in both wired and wireless mode and the problem is the same with both modes.
Can anyone please confirm this problem so I know it is just a one-off faulty STB ?

Thanks.
Dennis.

Roadrunner
31-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Nothing wrong with the box. Just load the latest software for a stable youtube and much more :)
Patch is here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164552-Spiderbox-Smartbox-HD6000-Patch-26-11-2013&p=892764&viewfull=1#post892764

drh
01-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Hello again Roadrunner. Just downloaded the patch and found the extras.
You Tube is now working fine thanks.

I've one query, please....... noticed in the sticky....... To get extended Menu options goto Menu / Others and press 1111, this will give you 3 extra options at the bottom of the list.
Please could someone pm me with more details? Thanks.
I'm familiar with the Diablo CAM so know how to enter keys.
What does 'Twin' do please? It's either off or on, but seems to do nothing.
I'm currently only looking at 28East.
Thanks.

Happy to learn but need to be pointed in the right direction. A pm would be much appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Dennis.

My first impression of this box is that it runs cool, unlike my old Technomate 6800HD+Diablo CAM.
The box could be a bit heavier so the weight of all the cables in the back doesn't make the front lift up.
Also has a couple of hiccups where there is no signal because it powers up on a non-selected satellite.
Doing a factory reset seems to have fixed that.
All in all, it seems good value for money and I'm happy with it.
Just got to get 13E and 19E set up with a second dish.

Roadrunner
01-04-2014, 12:17 AM
Only thing you`ll need from the extended menu for now, would be the IKS which you will find under the Network option in the OTHERs menu. When you install the channels for 13e and 19e select the IKS to ON scroll down and press REGISTER. It will open some channels for you on them two sats( loads to be precise and for 12 months from the date you register). The other option under Network (Server setup) lets you type in your own line to the payserver (if you have any, you can enter up to 8 C or N lines) As for the TWIN I have no idea what it does. The 'edit keys' option lets you enter keys manually. But there won`t be that much to do there since you can load an excellent up to date ready made softcam from our fellow forummers Blackdevil and Compas. It would be of some use if you could pick up 9e or 10e for feeds, as you would be able to enter the biss keys manually, other than that its of no use to you atm. hope it helps

jbvid
01-04-2014, 10:23 AM
I've one query, please....... noticed in the sticky....... To get extended Menu options goto Menu / Others and press 1111, this will give you 3 extra options at the bottom of the list.
Please could someone pm me with more details? Thanks.

Hi
No need for PM's, the info is in the Sticky and works fine, why not just carry out the operation by pressing 1111 to see what happens, then press 1111 again to see what differs?
jb

drh
01-04-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi Roadrunner, many thanks for this reply and for the pm which I can read, but cannot reply to as I need more posts. This will count as one, so only a few to g now.

drh
01-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Roadrunner, I'm not being rude.... and will reply to your pm when my post count allows me to do so.
Needs to be 15, currently 9.
Thank you.