PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox Motorised system problem

rankine
02-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Hi all,
I have been having a prob for some considerable time getting my system to work. I have had an engineer here so many times for many months. He sets dish to Thor and gets a clear image, but when he moves satellite , nothing, tries to go back to Thor and it is lost. he has been trying so many times that I suspect that the dreambox is faulty. I may have to take it to a shop, ask them to test it before I have top buy a new box. I posted a similar item way last year and appreciate the help given, but all worked fine for a few weeks, then the same loss of pictures began again. Any help would be appreciated as there are not many engineers where I live who know about motorised systems

cosworth4x4
02-04-2014, 06:39 PM
what kind of dish set up you got .

there's a possibility its a motor problem , if a actuator it could be seizing up .

when that starts to happen they do not return to the set position.

you started using it ,it then free's off .

just something for you to test first , another receiver plugged in would confirm it .

rankine
08-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Hi, thanks, the guy who has tried to fix the fault over a number of months brought another receiver, but he still couldn't fix it.
I have fitted a new motor recently, so down to the receiver I think.I have a 1 metre dish, motorised to a Dream Box

cosworth4x4
08-04-2014, 07:28 PM
Hi, thanks, the guy who has tried to fix the fault over a number of months brought another receiver, but he still couldn't fix it.
I have fitted a new motor recently, so down to the receiver I think

so you have tried 2 receivers and the faults the same ?

cant see a 3rd one making any difference.

when you say motor what type, cable direct to it or do you have a v box to power it.

rankine
09-04-2014, 06:30 PM
Thank you, I have a Technomate Diseqc HH motor direct cable from the motor to the Dream Box, does this info help?

Thanks again

rankine

cosworth4x4
09-04-2014, 07:01 PM
ok how as he set up the diseqc for you , ive never used that system but maybe able to point you in the right direction , or someone else will help you out now we know what you are using.

are you using usals.

see if this helps you.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?131435-motorized-dish-tutorial

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?58680-install-FAQ-thread

brain
09-04-2014, 10:18 PM
Hi there,
Dreamboxes and TM motors dont always see eye to eye. I certainly had that problem with a new TM motor and therefore changed the motor.Perhaps you have already faced this problem? Cheers - Brain

cosworth4x4
09-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Dreamboxes and TM motors dont always see eye to eye.

if that is a problem.

what receiver did he fetch to test with ??

rankine
11-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Thank you for your help, I will take the box to a sat shop next week to have them test it for me, thanks again, I will let you know how I get on, cheers all

rankine
28-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Hi all,
I took my ox to the shop, tested it and seem to be working fine.
I asked if they would be willing to come to fix the problem There has been a lot of talking, but no definite agreement to come here

ozzsurf
29-04-2014, 12:46 AM
take a screenshot of the tuner setup menu
and post it