PDA

View Full Version : "Service Not" message

heyho
07-04-2014, 02:24 PM
After a prolonged period of not using my Uno (which is normally overnight) the LCD display shows a 'Service not' message and no channel is displayed on the TV. This is easily rectified by pressing the left or right arrows and selecting the next channel. If I press ok I get a message on my myMetrix skin mentioning DVB service.

This is only a minor irritation but does anyone know where to start looking to resolve this please.

echelon
07-04-2014, 04:06 PM
sounds like maybe you have the epg update set in the morning or something similar , so it may be reverting to the channel providing that epg update data

just a thought

Stev0
07-04-2014, 05:36 PM
As echelon says it maybe a epg update. You could always create a timer to zapto a channel at say 7am everyday then you don't notice a thing when you get up! Either that or find the problem.

heyho
08-04-2014, 07:38 AM
I checked my EPG update. I've only one that is live which updates from 28.2. Tried ensuring I left it on a channel on 28.2 but it still did it. There are two other updates which are disabled and cannot be deleted - one is to do with Italia and the other Austria. Might try the timer thing. Cheers for the advice.

Jimdefruit
08-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Try setting the box to a good channel and then reboot.

heyho
11-04-2014, 11:55 AM
I may have sorted it. When accessing the recorded list from the box it only showed one item but when I used the Vu+ android app there was some weird and wonderful thing showing on that so I deleted it and the problem has not returned.