PDA

View Full Version : spiderbox6000 iks activation ?

antmarco
13-04-2014, 10:52 PM
had couple recievers couple months now from our sponsers never activated iks in either yet due to not using on motorised system ect in light off new patch my question does the iks key expire in recievers anyway even if not been activated or not until you do so ? many thanks

Roadrunner
13-04-2014, 11:22 PM
The one year starts when you first activate your IKS. Remember to load the latest patch before you activate though..(there was some problem with IKS recently and the patch was issued to fix it (so you need to load it first)

mdaniels47
14-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Hi
If you buy a new spiderbox 6000. Does it always have iks pre loaded or do you have to aquire it.Or does it depend on where you buy it from

jbvid
14-04-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi
If you buy a new spiderbox 6000. Does it always have iks pre loaded or do you have to aquire it.Or does it depend on where you buy it from
Preloaded.
jb

Roadrunner
14-04-2014, 02:43 PM
As in my previous message.... IKS as we knew it has changed so for it to work properly latest patch is needed. You would want to load the new patch in any case for all the other functions it introduced. If you are worried that it wont work for you then there is no need.. It will. And you don't need to buy anything extra..

Edit:Jbvid beat me to it ;)

mdaniels47
14-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi

Thanks for that.

So to clarify,When you buy the box it comes empty,with nothing on,And its only when you download the latest patch,then it will work.

Thanks

Mike

Roadrunner
14-04-2014, 03:02 PM
NO, It comes preloaded with software so you can use it straight out of the box. But if you want all the extra options that came as the box was developed (IPTV, home sharing all the latest drivers etc.. and now a properly working Iks) you will need the latest patch, which is free to download from the downloads section of this forum)

mdaniels47
14-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Hi thats all quite clear.
However I asked a supplier in kilburn if his boxes come already pre installed with iks,He said that they come empty with nothing on,
Thats why i am a bit confused.

Thanks

Mike

mdaniels47
14-04-2014, 03:52 PM
OK thanks

Mike

echelon
14-04-2014, 04:53 PM
the boxes are preloaded with FTA factory firmware

the patch is required to give you the goodies , its illegal to sell them that way so they come as fta boxes , same as almost all the others ( so not -preloaded with iffy firmware !! )

mdaniels47
15-04-2014, 06:59 AM
Thanks echelon,
But do you then need to imput a key to gain access,If so where do you get the key from.without paying again

Roadrunner
15-04-2014, 07:40 AM
You dont need to put any key in. Just load the latest patch and register the iks. (Done from within the receivers menu so no additional contact with the seller needed)

echelon
15-04-2014, 08:55 AM
buy from our sponsor goldwafers and if there are any problems he will sort them out pronto

if you want to read about the problems that can happen when this process fails without proper backup, read these threads by Joe

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164579-information

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164578-STILL-HAVING-problems

thread closed