PDA

View Full Version : Searching other satelites

asif007
30-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Hi I have astra 28 on lnb1,astra 19 on lnb 2, hotbird 13 on lnb 3 and 0.8w on lnb 4 but lately im trying to add and scan 7 west which is nilesat I cant find it or scan it it just not picking it up nor I can find astra 16 can somebody help all the other satellites were copied from my friends configuration but he lives hours drive away is there a way I can manually find them myself thanks in advance:o16:

Mickha
30-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Can you please supply more information:
What size dish do you have?
Is it motorized or fixed, with several LNB's or even several dishes using a Diseqc switch?
Where abouts is your general location, e.g. North East England?

asif007
01-05-2014, 03:49 AM
Sorry about that the dish is 90cm it is motorised diseqc 1.2 location south west England worcester city I am using small sky dish fixed for Astra 28 tuner a+b tuner c is for motorised they are in advanced mode setting I hope this helps

Mickha
01-05-2014, 06:28 AM
If you are trying to get the Bein Sports channels, on 7W, the forget it, unless you want to use IPTV.
Many other satellites you should be able to add, providing you have a clear line of sight. The most popular being, apart from the ones you've already listed, 42E, 39E, 23.5E, 10E, 9E, 7E, 5E, 3E, and 30W. There are also a number of satellites that have feeds, if you are interested.
Seeing as you are using Diseqc 1.2, instead of Usals, you will need to add them manually by going into the menu, and depending on the image, you have installed, finding the settings for adding a satellite.
There is a list, on the forum, of the strongest transponders, for various satellites, to help you locate the satellites:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?148427-Strongest-Transponder-List-Required/page2&highlight=strongest+transponders