PDA

View Full Version : BT Sports & ESPN

stoke1966
02-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Thinking about dumping you know who so I just put my white smartcard into my Spiderbox 9000HD to see if it works, only have SD channels. Everything works ok. Motors TV works fine on 12515H but none of the BT Sports 1 or 2 nor ESPN. I would like to be able to keep these channels when I leave, as I have BT BB. Have I done something wrong? or will they not work?

echelon
02-05-2014, 03:45 PM
those particular HD channels changed transponders recently and I uploaded a new list the other day , so check those details (the new transponders are listed in the transponder forum in the 28.2e changes thread)

you can certainly test the SD channels and yes they should work as you found out, but premium channels wont unless you enter the b*xk*y and even then they may not work due to recent changes by sly

you can test C5HD and check that works, then work your way through the standard and premium channels , also through the HD channels to see what does not work, but without that "key" I mentioned you should not be expecting them to work

this has been do***ented over several years on various forums here, so have a read in the dreambox section , spider help forum etc

stoke1966
02-05-2014, 04:02 PM
those particular HD channels changed transponders recently and I uploaded a new list the other day , so check those details (the new transponders are listed in the transponder forum in the 28.2e changes thread)

you can certainly test the SD channels and yes they should work as you found out, but premium channels wont unless you enter the b*xk*y and even then they may not work due to recent changes by sly

you can test C5HD and check that works, then work your way through the standard and premium channels , also through the HD channels to see what does not work, but without that "key" I mentioned you should not be expecting them to work

this has been do***ented over several years on various forums here, so have a read in the dreambox section , spider help forum etc

Thanks for your reply. I have only got the basic SD package. I have tested all those channels which I have and the only one's which don't open on my spiderbox are BT Sports and ESPN . Are these regarded as Premium channels and therefore wont open. Should Channel 5HD open on my Spiderbox regardless that I only have SD sub?

What I am hoping to do is remove my Sly box completely add a Freesat recorder so the wife can still record her soaps and I would like to be able to continue watching BT sports via my spiderbox rather than on a laptop. Thanks in advance

stoke1966
02-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Thanks Echelon, I think I now understand how it works. I need a boxkey to get BT and ESPN to work.
Any ideas how I go about it?

echelon
02-05-2014, 05:00 PM
search the forums like I said and you can try and find it out yourself , been a while since I tried it so you really need to find the info and act upon it , because with the spiderbox I know its needed , whereas on a linux box its not needed in oscam, only cccam etc

I have no idea if they are regarded as premium or not as only Sly or BT would know that , c5HD went to the HD package some time ago so no that probably wont work either , I also have no idea if a spider can open the BT and espn channels since they started up last year

BUT I refuse to get involved in helping anyone find that key , they will have to do so on their own, albeit I will tell them that they need to find and use it (once its been obtained , its a red button input on the spiderbox from what I remember)

a freesat recorder is unlikely to be able to record from an external source, normally they will only record from the internal tuner so I doubt your plan would work anyway

it would work if you used a dvd recorder like the panasonics (or the old sony/pioneer recorders like I use and have mentioned on the forum in the past - sony hxd770 and 870 and 970 and 790 and 890 and 995 etc)

I would have thought that if you are getting bt sports and espn on the sly box with the card in already , that wont change if you cancel the sly sub as its nothing to do with sly, ie:- its a BT project with any payments going to BT

so as far as cancelling sly is concerned , the sly box will still work for fta freesat channels AND should still work for BT sports and espn and a few others like motors and viva too

stoke1966
02-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Thanks for all your help information.