PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Solo SE

ekko star
04-05-2014, 08:24 PM
The Vu+ Team, are delighted to invite you to attend the ANGA COM 2014 taking place from the 20th to 22nd of May at Koelnmesse (Cologne Exhibition Center) in COLOGNE, GERMANY.

• Vu+ Booth : Hall 10.1 T30

• Showcasing :

o Vu+ SOLO SE - introducing our new high-end HD Zapper

o Vu+ DUO2

o Vu+ SOLO2

SOLO SE, the successor of SOLO, one of the most popular Linux based receivers, comes with more powerful CPU (Dual Core 1.3GHz) encased in a stylish exterior design. Please participate in our giveaway event (more details will be announced on May 9th) and you may be the lucky one to get this brand new model and other Vu+ models.

We look forward to meeting you at our Vu+ booth, Hall 10.1 T30.

Sincerely,

The Vu+ TEAM.

The new VU+ Solo SE will be publicly revealed at the Anga Com this year. This is the new base 'entry' model in the VU+ range and is powered by a 1.3Ghz Broadcom processor.

The Solo SE is essentially an entry machine based on a paired down Solo2. The Solo SE will have a further degree of flexibility over the Solo 2 as it incorporates an advanced pluggable tuner meaning DVB-S2, DVB-C/T, DVB-C/T/T2 are achieveable.

It's a pretty neat box measuring 210mm. In some ways the Solo SE overlaps the Solo2 with additional flexibility through the pluggable tuner. The Solo SE is though the entry level machine of the range.

The range of VU+ products has been rationalised and will now be on 3 levels - the entry level Solo SE, for the mid-range the Solo 2 and for the top end the Duo2.

The Solo, Duo, Ultimo & Uno are no longer in production. There will be no more planned future production of these machines. The support however is not going anywhere and will obviously continue for these older machines.

Regards

ES

Main Features:

Dual Core CPU 1.3GHz
1GB Ram
256MB Flash
1 x CI
1 x Smartcard
2 x USB 2.0
Advanced Pluggable Tuner - DVB-S2, DVB-C/T, DVB-C/T/T2

DARKMAN
21-05-2014, 02:19 AM
The new VU+ Solo SE will be publicly revealed at the Anga Com this year. This is the new base 'entry' model in the VU+ range and is powered by a 1.3Ghz Broadcom processor.

The Solo SE is essentially an entry machine based on a paired down Solo2. The Solo SE will have a further degree of flexibility over the Solo 2 as it incorporates an advanced pluggable tuner meaning DVB-S2, DVB-C/T, DVB-C/T/T2 are achieveable.

It's a pretty neat box measuring 210mm. In some ways the Solo SE overlaps the Solo2 with additional flexibility through the pluggable tuner. The Solo SE is though the entry level machine of the range.

The range of VU+ products has been rationalised and will now be on 3 levels - the entry level Solo SE, for the mid-range the Solo 2 and for the top end the Duo2.

The Solo, Duo, Ultimo & Uno are no longer in production. There will be no more planned future production of these machines. The support however is not going anywhere and will obviously continue for these older machines.

Regards

ES

Main Features:

Dual Core CPU 1.3GHz
1GB Ram
256MB Flash
1 x CI
1 x Smartcard
2 x USB 2.0
Advanced Pluggable Tuner - DVB-S2, DVB-C/T, DVB-C/T/T2

ONLY THIS COME FROM VU+ TEAM ,The other part is not all True.....

he Vu+ Team, are delighted to invite you to attend the ANGA COM 2014 taking place from the 20th to 22nd of May at Koelnmesse (Cologne Exhibition Center) in COLOGNE, GERMANY.

• Vu+ Booth : Hall 10.1 T30

• Showcasing :

o Vu+ SOLO SE - introducing our new high-end HD Zapper

o Vu+ DUO2

o Vu+ SOLO2

SOLO SE, the successor of SOLO, one of the most popular Linux based receivers, comes with more powerful CPU (Dual Core 1.3GHz) encased in a stylish exterior design. Please participate in our giveaway event (more details will be announced on May 9th) and you may be the lucky one to get this brand new model and other Vu+ models.

We look forward to meeting you at our Vu+ booth, Hall 10.1 T30.

Sincerely,

The Vu+ TEAM.

=================

This is not true.
Solo, Duo, Ultimo & Uno are no longer in production. There will be no more planned future production of these machines. The support however is not going anywhere and will obviously continue for these older machines.

Vu + ( Ceru) is producing most of them...

Solo is still in Production for all Eu and Middle east even in future months...
Uno is still for EU for certain time....
Duo is still in Prod for UK and Irl. Next production of Duo is again June 2000 ps...
This come from Real Source Vu + not from some one has no connection with Vu+..

Please not put any statements in Forums to show off. in the Name of Vu + Team when you are not part of it !
Just copy past is better for you.

ekko star
21-05-2014, 10:59 AM
http://vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=95

Dear Vu+ Customers,

We hereinafter officially state that Galaxy Innovations Ltd. is an official distributor of Vu+ branded products as below:

• Vu+ Duo – GI S9895;

• Vu+ Solo – GI S8180;

• Vu+ Solo2 ;

• Vu+ Uno – GI S8895;

• Vu+ Duo2 ;

• Vu+ Ultimo – GI 9995.

As shown above, some of the Vu+ receivers may be sold under GI brand.

Best regards,

The Vu+ TEAM

You can find the range of migrated Galaxy Innovation products here :

http://gi.ua/en/catalogue

Regards

ES

CokeAddict
21-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Why are they bothering with White ?

sonic1
21-05-2014, 01:19 PM

It was a special request from your Mrs :D

CokeAddict
21-05-2014, 01:50 PM
It was a special request from your Mrs :D

lmao

DARKMAN
21-05-2014, 05:54 PM
http://vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=95

You can find the range of migrated Galaxy Innovation products here :

http://gi.ua/en/catalogue

Regards

ES

No asked you about Galaxy or migrated product there ! who cares what they say !

Do not add in Vu+ Team mouth or not talk in their behalf if you are not in Title !
Simple is that.

DARKMAN
21-05-2014, 05:56 PM

They are showing they are not racist .lol

ekko star
22-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Launch date for Solo SE understood to be Q3 - perhaps even June/July (dependent on factors)

Regards

ES

pheonix
23-05-2014, 01:26 PM
This is what she looks like with her top off.

CokeAddict
23-05-2014, 01:27 PM
This is what she looks like with her top off.

New type of heatsink and a new tuner fitted then :)

pheonix
23-05-2014, 01:29 PM

Yep, nice to see them finally attempting to fit a decent heatsink rather than that flappy wing thing they usually go for.

CokeAddict
23-05-2014, 01:32 PM
So is it any good pheonix ?

pheonix
23-05-2014, 01:34 PM
So is it any good pheonix ?

Dont know mate, it's not mine. This box belongs to a member of the team who won it at the anga cable confrence this year (I also know the guy who won a prismcube too)

CokeAddict
23-05-2014, 01:35 PM
Dont know mate, it's not mine. This box belongs to a member of the team who won it at the anga cable confrence this year (I also know the guy who won a prismcube too)

Nice

ekko star
23-05-2014, 03:06 PM

The heatsink has more fins to help dissipate heat better due to the lower profile and the smaller confines of the receiver.

The tuners were designed inter-operable with existing. Meaning you can actually sling a twin in there.

CokeAddict
23-05-2014, 03:10 PM
The tuners were designed inter-operable with existing. Meaning you can actually sling a twin in there.

Are you sure a twin will fit ?

I'm not sure there is enough room from some of the pictures I have seen.

ekko star
23-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Are you sure a twin will fit ?

I'm not sure there is enough room from some of the pictures I have seen.

Hi,

I'm not sure what pictures you have seen but as I have said in the original post the Solo SE was designed as and remains the entry machine.

The pluggable tuner option does mean some inevitable overlap and further flexibility over the Solo 2 and all the existing pluggable tuners will work in it.

Ultimately you also then have to decide if the lack of VFD and the lack of internal HDD space of the Solo SE vs fixed tuners of the Solo 2 guides you elsewhere up the range or not.

At the end of the day it is an entry level machine to make it more accessible/affordable for people to buy into the VU+ philosophy. It fits the lower market niche but perhaps not entirely for the enthusiast. In other words it is not meant to be a Solo2 or Duo2.

Regards

ES

CokeAddict
23-05-2014, 08:39 PM
Hi,

I'm not sure what pictures you have seen but as I have said in the original post the Solo SE was designed as and remains the entry machine.

The pluggable tuner option does mean some inevitable overlap and further flexibility over the Solo 2 and all the existing pluggable tuners will work in it.

Ultimately you also then have to decide if the lack of VFD and the lack of internal HDD space of the Solo SE vs fixed tuners of the Solo 2 guides you elsewhere up the range or not.

At the end of the day it is an entry level machine to make it more accessible/affordable for people to buy into the VU+ philosophy. It fits the lower market niche but perhaps not entirely for the enthusiast. In other words it is not meant to be a Solo2 or Duo2.

Regards

ES

These are the pictures that I have seen.

As you can see, the twin tuner doesn't fit in the SoloSE.

The pictures were on the internet the other day / night, but I can't find them again now so they might have been removed.

Luckily I had saved them though.

sonic1
23-05-2014, 08:49 PM
You just need one of these bud.

cosworth4x4
23-05-2014, 08:58 PM
i suggested a much cleaner job chop the top off with this.

hammer may damage the board , ;)

sonic1
23-05-2014, 09:04 PM
i suggested a much cleaner job chop the top off with this.

hammer may damage the board , ;)
Everyone has a hammer cos, we don't all have a beard trimmer :D

ekko star
23-05-2014, 11:06 PM
These are the pictures that I have seen.

As you can see, the twin tuner doesn't fit in the SoloSE.

On the DVB/S2 Dual - Snip or extend the legs of CF53 (the 6.3V 1000uF capacitor) across away from the MB and with a bit of juxtoposition it squeezes in. Alternatively as suggested use a hammer LOL

The price is rumoured to be launching at £170 / €199 but with no VFD and no internal HDD it's looking expensive considering the Solo2 is down to £259. Expect further price drops as pressure from the market mounts across the whole VU range as well.

CokeAddict
23-05-2014, 11:11 PM
On the DVB/S2 Dual - Snip the legs of CF53 (the 6.3V 1000uF capacitor) extend the legs across away from the MB and with a bit of juxtoposition it squeezes in. Alternatively as suggested use a hammer LOL

I know your reply was tongue in cheek, but assuming someone actually did that, would there be drivers there for the twin tuner to work anyway ?

ekko star
23-05-2014, 11:51 PM
The principle philosophy behind this machine was to address a low end affordable machine and to replace the relatively unsuccessful Uno. The Uno/Ultimo platforms were to be frank a bit of an expensive lesson but not ones that went amiss. The pluggable tuners have been designed to work inter-operably ever since, in other words there are no 'new tuners' for this machine.

There were a handful of machines given away to the 'public' at the AngaCom which were literally still in production the week before the show.

Third party images and drivers is not an area I involve myself in nor what they wish to include/release or not. Mod the tuner try it and see...cough, cough

CokeAddict
24-05-2014, 12:06 AM
The principle philosophy behind this machine was to address a low end affordable machine and to replace the relatively unsuccessful Uno. The Uno/Ultimo platforms were to be frank a bit of an expensive lesson but not ones that went amiss. The pluggable tuners have been designed to work inter-operably ever since, in other words there are no 'new tuners' for this machine.

There were a handful of machines given away to the 'public' at the AngaCom which were literally still in production the week before the show.

Third party images and drivers is not an area I involve myself in nor what they wish to include/release or not. Mod the tuner try it and see...cough, cough

Ok send me a SoloSE and a twin tuner and i'll give it ago :)

cosworth4x4
24-05-2014, 12:20 AM
Meaning you can actually sling a twin in there.

so can you sling in a twin tuner or not then, have you actually tried it yourself ?

ekko star
24-05-2014, 12:57 PM
With XBMC 13 (XBMC Gotham) recently released it will be interesting to see how soon that gets ported over and where the current Prismcube now starts to head.

DARKMAN
30-05-2014, 04:57 AM
The heatsink has more fins to help dissipate heat better due to the lower profile and the smaller confines of the receiver.

FAKE.............
That will be only Single Tuner
I can Confirm.

gussie
16-07-2014, 12:22 PM
I have three Technisat HDFS receivers - they are reliable, single tuner, fanless and run cool, if only they had a web interface and could stream.

I'd like to use a VU+ Solo SE to stream FTA SD channels (eg BBC, ARD, ZDF) to my laptop or Smartphone whilst I'm on holiday in Thailand. The channels need not be HD, SD will be sufficient.

Ideally I want to use a reliable fanless receiver which will not overheat during extended unattended operation. Also it has to have Diseqc switching to access my three dishes pointing to 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0E.

I do not fancy leaving a fan cooled device switched on for several weeks whilst I'm away on holiday at the other end of the world.

Please note that I have fibre broadband with 8Mbps upload capability and in Thailand will have access to 8Mbps download capability.

Is the VU+ Solo SE the right box?

Will it offer hardware transcoding?
Will it offer fanless operation even with non-stop trancoding operation?

At the moment the VU+ Solo SE looks like vapourware with the UK distributer not bothering to answer my email queries.