PDA

View Full Version : Usb

jonah
13-05-2014, 04:39 PM
?1 Is there provision inside the box to fit a second USB port. ?2 In the usb menu,when formatting a usb drive is it possible to split the size of the drive.

jbvid
13-05-2014, 05:06 PM
?1 Is there provision inside the box to fit a second USB port. ?2 In the usb menu,when formatting a usb drive is it possible to split the size of the drive.
Hi
No and No
jb

jonah
13-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Hi
No and No
jb
If no and no,why does it say slot 1 with an arrow.I no using left or right buttons does not change anything,but why say slot 1 if there is no others or provision for another port.

Nikkas
13-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Can you post a picture please?

jonah
13-05-2014, 05:57 PM
Can you post a picture please?

jbvid
13-05-2014, 06:05 PM
If no and no,why does it say slot 1 with an arrow.I no using left or right buttons does not change anything,but why say slot 1 if there is no others or provision for another port.
Ask the software writers, i'm just telling you the answer to your question 'No and No' its NOT possible to fit a second USB port.The motherboard only has one internal USB connector available.
jb

jonah
13-05-2014, 06:18 PM
Sorry but you seem annoyed at the ?, I only ask because it is on the menu. And any way how would I no who the software writers are I am just a user. Having said all that I think it is a fantastic box,and you are all very clever in what you do. My regards JONAH.

jbvid
13-05-2014, 06:37 PM
What you can do is first partition your USB stick or USB Hard drive on your PC with more than one partition, then you can use the Spiderbox Menu shown in post #5 to select the different partitions to record and playback from.
jb

jonah
13-05-2014, 06:43 PM
What you can do is first partition your USB stick or USB Hard drive on your PC with more than one partition, then you can use the Spiderbox Menu shown in post #5 to select the different partitions to record and playback from.
jb
Thanks for your reply,and I will try what you suggested. Keep up the good work,and look forward to the next patch.

drh
16-05-2014, 10:35 PM
I plugged in a cheap, self powered USB Hub from Asda to the USB connector on the front panel.
I have three memory sticks fitted and these show up as USB0, USB1 and USB2.
These are accessed by the left and right arrows which now do something.
They can be accessed with no problem through the normal 6000 HD menus.
Surely, it's not worth partitioning a memory stick when a hub works fine.....

Hope that helps.
Dennis.

blackdevil
16-05-2014, 10:37 PM
Yes the only way is a USB hub.

jbvid
17-05-2014, 08:29 AM
I plugged in a cheap, self powered USB Hub from Asda to the USB connector on the front panel.
I have three memory sticks fitted and these show up as USB0, USB1 and USB2.
These are accessed by the left and right arrows which now do something.
They can be accessed with no problem through the normal 6000 HD menus.
Surely, t's not worth partitioning a memory stick when a hub works fine.....

Hope that helps.
Dennis.
Hi Dennis
Thanks for the update on that, you are quite correct, not thought of trying a hub, much easier
jb

drh
17-05-2014, 07:44 PM
No probs, jb.
The 6000 HD menus are fine with a hub and these are very cheap.

With hindsight, I suggest you buy one with the USB connectors in a vertical line rather than a horizontal line if that makes sense.
All are fine for USB cables, but only those with USB connectors in a vertical line have enough space to allow (Kingston) memory sticks to be plugged into adjacent slots; otherwise each stick has to be hanging off a USB cable. Perhaps other makers' memory sticks are narrow enough to fit properly, but the Kingston version has a bulge which fouls it's next door neighbour.

Make sure it's self powered to save another power supply.
The 6000 HD seems to provide enough external power with no problems.
The user manual does not state the amount of power at 5 Volts you can draw from the usb connector.

I hope that makes sense.....

Dennis.