PDA

View Full Version : Motorised dish help

rubiks
21-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Hi. I did installed a motorised dish on weekend, not first time and not really happy 100% as sat:28.2,23,19,13 they all about or better then 83% signal and quality but the 16 deg east not better then 62%. Dish is 80 cm, motor technomate 2600,vu+solo2. Anyone else has had this? The pole is 90deg used satlock and thor 0.8 deg etc, what am I missing out? Cheers

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

voyager1972
21-05-2014, 10:30 PM
always need,s a little bit of tweaking ,,,,,when i set mine up it had to be tweaked a little,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and to be honest a few years later im still tweaking,,,,,,,drives the missus up the walls................

rubiks
21-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Lol, thanks.is just that is wired 13 deg and thor had a better signal,I will be playing about again this coming weekend maybe every weekend looks like it lol.cheers

Barney
22-05-2014, 12:16 AM
ive had my 2 meter prime focus dish since before 2009 had to change actuator arm in 2011 it was a very bad winter and worst snow in 50 years
some water got inside the actuator arm black plastic cap and messed up the wires inside .
i marked where the old arm came off and replaced new superjack actuator exactly the same and put some silicone around the outter plastic cap and never looked at that dish since and thats 3 years ago now .

My 2x 88cm triax dishes motorized i just sprayed some WD40 around the bearings of the Technomate motor so should be good for another winter or two [ hopefully ]... both have inverto black ultra LNB's which im sure will last a good 5 years ,
You might wanna look at changing your LNB or try skew LNB around in the holder a little to see if your signals will peak any better
its quite possible something as simple as that will improve your signals or possibly your motor may have moved a little on the pole or wall bracket enuff to weaken your signals .
i marked where my disecq motor sits on my T & K bracket pole so i know instantly if wind has moved anything therefor i dont ever really have to mess about with any of my dishes at all ,
good luck .
-
Barney

rubiks
22-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Hi thanks for the advice. My lnb is Inverto black ultra aswell and I will try skewing the lnb hopefully it will sorted. Great forum and very helpful people.I will let u know how I go on after moving lnb.

rubiks
23-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Messed around with lnb and not really much difference, ordered a gibertini 100 dish,hopefully that should help.

simon 2003
23-05-2014, 03:38 PM
ive got a solo2 and a tecno mount mate and a fibo 1m ,some sats need tweaking just a bit for me anyway 16e and 4.8 ,rest seem just about maxed out though if you only have a couple off just turn off diseqc for that sat and allocate it a number in positioner setup menu,also have a little tweak on your long /lat setting see if that helps

rubiks
23-05-2014, 07:26 PM
I've tried few things and did not help, I think I will be better off with a 100 cm dish rather then 80 cm anyway so I'll see how it goes once dish comes and I put it up hopefully next weekend as long as weather is Ok. Thank you for all your help and I'll update once I set new dish up.

rubiks
31-05-2014, 06:44 PM
Today I installed the gibertini 100 and signal increased significantly. 16 deg east getting over 85% from 62 % with the dish I had before. Very satisfied with rest of satellites aswell. Thanks for helping out,great forum with great helpful people.