PDA

View Full Version : IPTV format Enigma / XBMC / Mag250?

dutchbath
22-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Hi there

I'm looking at a few external IPTV suppliers and they say that they only support certain boxes, namely the Enigma 250, or XBMC or the Mag250. I assume from this that different streams (or at least different ways of sending the same stream) are required for different STBs?

If that's the case then which ones are the compatible ones with the Spiderbox?

Thanks

Roadrunner
22-05-2014, 09:34 AM
Hi there

I'm looking at a few external IPTV suppliers and they say that they only support certain boxes, namely the Enigma 250, or XBMC or the Mag250. I assume from this that different streams (or at least different ways of sending the same stream) are required for different STBs?

If that's the case then which ones are the compatible ones with the Spiderbox?
Thanks

They say they support certain boxes because they set-up your channels remotely ie. you send them your boxes Mac address and they access your box and set up the channels for you (not the brightest of ideas, to provide anyone with your mac imho unless you are sure you are dealing with a honest provider ((loads of s*** out there))).. Mag250 channels usually work on the spiderbox also (to partialy answer your question) but whether you are able to see their addresses after they are loaded onto the mag by someone remotely, I haven't got a clue, never owned one of those boxes..I am guessing that you cannot (simillar to spiderbox that doesnt let you see the channels addresses if you are using the update feature from the online server. Still, if you find a *m3u list that the author claims works in the MAG250 then you can edit the links in the same fashion as the LIGTV links you have posted in your other thread and try them in the spiderbox.
Hope it helps

dutchbath
22-05-2014, 09:46 AM
Great answer, thanks!