PDA

View Full Version : 2 dish set up

Satcat
22-05-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm trying to set my SB6000 up as I did with my SB9000. Fixed dish for 28E and the rest on motorised dish and it worked great.
I think I've set it up properly as it works on motorised side OK, but on fixed dish it works with FTA channels but on scranbled channels there is no signal at all.
I've set "DiSEqc 1.0/1.1" to 1/4 for motorised sats and 2/4 for 28E. Have I missed something?

echelon
22-05-2014, 04:21 PM
I dont own a 6000 but on my 7000 I have the motorised on lnb input 1 on the switch set and also set to 1/1 on all sats except 28e and the fixed sly dish on 28e is on lnb input 3 on 3/1 and the diseqc switch is also set to 28.2e on diseqc 3 as well

Satcat
22-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Thanks echelon. It was you who helped me with my HD9000 2 dish setup, which worked fine. The menu is obviously different on the 6000, but as I say, I think i've done it right, but it's strange that only fta channels, both SD and HD, work.

GIGAH
22-05-2014, 07:10 PM
SPIDERBOX 6000 doent open sly channels with iks also for ne! Only fta channels open!

echelon
22-05-2014, 07:27 PM
your diseqc settings still look wrong to me , especially the /4 part , as its usually /1

blueking
22-05-2014, 08:23 PM
I set the 6000 "DiSEqc 1.0/1.1" option to 1/4 (switch output A) for my motorised dish and 2/4 for 30W (switch output B), because I have got a two way DiSEqc switch between the box and the two dishes.

But my motorised dish is not controlled by DiSEqc commands instead I use a manual 36V positioner, so i only switch the LNB signals.

So could it be something in the "Satellite Settings" -> Motor, you shouldn't have it set to NONE like me, instead maybe you got to have it set to DiSEqc/USALS, for ALL the sats in the list, except 28E which will be set to NONE ?

Also check you "Satellite Settings" -> LNB is 9750/10600 on every Ku sat, and check each one is enabled (has a red tick box).

Satcat
23-05-2014, 12:22 PM
@Gigah. It's not the opening of the scrambled channels i'm on about, it's the lack of signal on those transponders.

Thanks for reply blueking. Yes, that's how I've got mine set up, 1/4 (output a) 2/4 (output b). I've got Motor set to DiSEqc/USALS on ALL sats, you don't seem to be able have just 1 set to NONE.
I'll have another look at it after the weekend. (off for a couple of days)

blueking
23-05-2014, 01:25 PM
When I saw the problem of no signal on only some transponders, it was down to the "Satellite Settings" -> LNB not been set to 9750/10600, its so easy to change them by accident, I would recommend you recheck them again.

We allow the LNB settings to be defaulted now in the editor to 9750/10600, which is a good starting point, then the user can change any sat to use for example C band frequencies, but must people in the UK doesn't need as its all Ku band i.e. 9750/10600.

Satcat
26-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Thanks blueking. Yes, I checked LNB settings which are OK.
Just to clarify want happens.
I go to sattelite settings > highlight 28.2E >go down to DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 >. change from NONE to 2/4. If the transponder is set on a FTA transponder I get a full signal, but if it is set to one that has a scrambled channel on it I don't get any signal showing. I feel a must be missing something, as my setup worked ok with my SB9000

blueking
26-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Maybe your channel list is out of date, try using the latest version of the channel editor and select from the menu New > Advanced internet Download.

Follow quick advanced download start guide in the channel editor manual.

Then go to tools menu and select edit Satellite settings, and change lnb setting.

Save ssu in channel editor, load file on 6000, and change motor setting.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?167408-6000-Channel-Editor-2-1-0-23-05-14

Satcat
26-05-2014, 03:31 PM
I should have added that when I change the DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 setting back to NONE the signal returns and everything is fine. so it's not a channel list problem.

blueking
26-05-2014, 05:09 PM
Have you got your got your two LNB cables swapped around ?

Have you also tried connecting the LNB cable directly to the 6000 i.e. by pass the DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 switch device ?

Satcat
26-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Thanks for reply again blueking. As I've said it works great on FTA channels, so the cables/switch is wired correctly. So why I don't I get a signal on scrambled ones is a mystery.

echelon
26-05-2014, 05:51 PM
I agree with blueking , use a back to back f barrel connector to bypass the switch and go direct

then test if the same problem occurs (or not)

if it does fail the test , then its not the switch

if it passes the direct test, then its the switch or some other problem like the commit and uncommit options

as I said earlier , 2 way or 4 way switch would not matter to me , I would stick the motor on lnb 1 and use 1/1 for it (or 1/0) and put the second dish on lnb 2 and use 2/1 (or 2/0) of the commit/uncommit options , ie:- whatever works

Satcat
26-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks guys. I've done as you suggested and I think I've found the problem. My fixed dish isn't in the best position. My 6000s pick up the strong fta transponders but not the weaker scrambles ones. Just tried my SB9000 and that does however picks all transponders up.........
I'll look into moving the fixed dish, but I'll just use my mororied dish for now.

Satcat
27-05-2014, 10:44 AM
I've raised my fixed dish and now getting a good signal, both when I connect straight to the dish and when I go through the switch. But when I change the DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 from NONE to 2/4 It works on FTA channels but still no signal on scrambled ones. WHY?
If I switch motor to NONE it works, but doing that switches motor off on all othjer sats.................

I've just realised that the same thing happens of other sats with DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 set to 1/4 (works on FTA but not on scrambled). The plot thickens......................... .......

Satcat
27-05-2014, 01:32 PM
OK. I think I have it sorted.
I have loaded a new channels list and everything works fine.
However, if I add favourites to it I don't get a signal on scrambled channels as described above, but it is ok if I add favourites to it on the TV Channel edotor on the STB.
Could it be a channel editor problem?

Satcat
27-05-2014, 02:50 PM
UPDATE. Afer adding favourites working ok until I switch off, then when switched on again same problem. Load non=favourite channel list anbd ok again., Something is amiss. Doing my head bl**dy in.

blueking
27-05-2014, 03:06 PM
If you look at the Channel Editor Manual v2.pdf, under section "Edit Satellite Settings" at the end, and walk down each sat and check your settings are correct in the editor on the PC, and match your setup ?

(Especially the DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 and any other important settings on the box)

When you say about the power on/off, that sounds like one of the sats hasn't got the correct DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 setting, should be either 1/4 or 2/4, you shouldn't have any sat set to NONE, because the box needs to send a DiSEqC message to your A/B switch, each time you switch channel or sat.

They maybe a problem with the Motor settings part, I don't have a DiSEqC based motor myself, so I can't test using your setup, and we don't know the format of the channel database for the motor settings.

Satcat
27-05-2014, 03:55 PM
The channel list I imported into STB with no favourites on was working ok, but after switching box off and on again the DiSEqC settings had go back to NONE, and when I changed them to 1/4 and 2/4 same old problem was back. I have opened that list on the channel editor and when I go to edit satellite settings it say "not supported" on everything on the 7 satellites I have on it WHY?
I have read the manual and think I have got everything right, but I must be missing something.
And yes I have 6 sattellite set to 1/4 and 28E set to 2/4. Isn't it strange that fta channels work ok, but the scrambled ones that don't?

blueking
27-05-2014, 04:21 PM
The PC editor "edit satellite settings" saying "not supported" is normal, we only know how to create the LNB settings (i.e. it is only supported after doing NEW -> Internet Database, type download), we like to add the read LNB settings from a file created my the box, but the file format is unknown at the moment, maybe we could add it at a later date, I don't know.

"but after switching box off and on again the DiSEqC settings had go back to NONE", this isn't normal, these settings are stored in the channel database, so once they are changed, switching off the box, it should remember them when you restart the box, I assume you are NOT removed the power from the box, only putting the box into standby using the power button on the remote...

Satcat
27-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Thanks for your continuing help blueking. OK I understand what you are saying about the "not supported" part, if thats normal, thats good.
I have been disconecting my switch box and unplugged the stb when doing so, so that accounts for the setting going back to NONE.
But the problem remains, why does it not show any signal on scrambled channels?

blueking
27-05-2014, 05:50 PM
No problem mate, If I had a motor myself then I could help you more, I only got a 36V system.

So are you saying, if you completely remove the A/B switch and connect the LNB cable directly to the box, you still have problems no signal on scrambled channels ?
If that is the case with the A/B switch removed, then its nothing to do with the DiSEqC settings 1/4 or 2/4 setting or the channel editor.

Funny, I get the opposite problem, because I haven't got a motor, if I change one of my sats Motor to DiseqC1.2/USALS, and set the position to 1 and press store, then I can't set it back to NONE, even if I remove the power !
It seems you can set each sat to DiseqC1.2/USALS or NONE, you can some sats set to none and other set to DiseqC1.2/USALS no problem on my setup.

I would then create your self an new custom channel list using the channel editor on the PC, its takes less than 5 mins, this may help with any channels that have just changed there settings, because you are getting all the channel info from the internet :

Start a fresh channel editor installation, unzip 6000 Channel Editor 2.1 final file, somewhere different, there is a default file called settings, this contains a working setup, so run the “6000 Channel Editor.exe” from this new directory.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?167408-6000-Channel-Editor-2-1-0-23-05-14

Quick Start Guide – Advanced Download

1. Open “6000 Channel Editor.exe”.

2. Select “New” then “Internet Download” then “Advanced Download”

3. Select “Download Internet Database” button, to start download from internet, will two a few mins...

4. Once finished, you channels will appear.

5. From the tools menu select option "Edit Satellite settings" and change any settings across your sats, and press save.

6. From tools menu select or right click on window called Favourites and "import favourites", select the file Favourites 21 May 14.xml

7. Set your tools option "Sort channels" to something like satellite-provider-category-Name.

8. Save the file, transfer to a USB stick and upload to the Spiderbox 6000.

9. Don't change anything, check if show any signal on scrambled channels, if so then change your Motor settings, and see what happens...

superstarmac
27-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Satcat,

Have you tried a factory reset, setting up your satellite settings and scanning your channels all through the receiver??

Do the scrambled channels work?

This is the best way to tell if its the 6000 Channel Editor or a bug with the receiver itself

Satcat
27-05-2014, 06:58 PM
OK, I've followed your instructions and the signal on scrambled channels on 28E worked. So I then changed motor to on and set my location details then changed 28E channels to 2/4 and all the rest to 1/4 and at first it seems ok. but after going to another sat and then returning to 28E the scrambled ones were dead again.

So are you saying, if you completely remove the A/B switch and connect the LNB cable directly to the box, you still have problems no signal on scrambled channels ?

Yes, if DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 is set to 2/4 or anything else other than NONE.

superstarmac
27-05-2014, 08:50 PM
OK, I've followed your instructions and the signal on scrambled channels on 28E worked. So I then changed motor to on and set my location details then changed 28E channels to 2/4 and all the rest to 1/4 and at first it seems ok. but after going to another sat and then returning to 28E the scrambled ones were dead again.

Is this after a factory reset and doing everything manually through the receiver?

blueking
27-05-2014, 09:22 PM
1) Just had a thought, are you connected the 6000 and the 9000 together using the LNB loop through ?

If you are there is a compatibility problem I found with the A/B switch that causes problems.

I got mine working by connecting the Output of the A/B DiSEqC switch to "Sat In" on the 6000, then connect "Loop Out" of the 6000 to "Sat In" on the 9000.
Then my Motorized dish LNB to the Input A of the DiSEqC switch, and my other fixed dish LNB to Input B of the DiSEqC switch.

Then put the 9000 in standby (or power off), when using the 6000.

2) "Yes, if DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 is set to 2/4 or anything else other than NONE."
Sounds like you are receiving the channels from the other dish, on the same transponder frequency...

3) Have you got a LNB signal meter, should be easy to find the problem mate ?

You could connect it on the A and B outputs of the switch, and also output of the 6000, mine displays if the DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 message is sent i.e. 1/4 or 2/4, also I can see the LNB power switching, and also the 13v or 18v LNB Polarisation switching is correct, also maybe the 22 kHz tone signal is wrong ?

4) Are you using the latest 6000 patch i.e. HD6000 Patch 22/05/2014 ?
If so maybe worth downgrading to the previous version like the 09/05/2014...

Satcat
28-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Satcat,

Have you tried a factory reset, setting up your satellite settings and scanning your channels all through the receiver??

Do the scrambled channels work?

This is the best way to tell if its the 6000 Channel Editor or a bug with the receiver itself

Did as you suggested, just scanned 1 scrambled transponder on 28E and 1 on Thor. (to save time) 28E set to 2/4 and Thos on 1/4
It sort of works. When I go to a channel on 28E, nothing, but it I go to the next channel on that frequency it's ok and still ok when I go back to the 1st channel.

@Blueking. I'm only useing to 6000 (9000 is not is use at all) I will try reverting to earlier patch and will report back later.

I've now done a full scan of 28E 19E 13E and Thor and can confirm that on 28E after choosing a scrambled channel, I need to go to another channels on the same transponder in order to get a signal. That seems to be the case on all scrambles tranponders/channels. Which could have been the problem/solution all the time. But why?

Satcat
28-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Just tried 09/05/2014 patch, just the same.
Now I know what to do, allthough not ideal, I can live with it.
Do you think it's a bug in the STB or the switch? (although to switch works ok on my SB9000)

superstarmac
28-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Just tried 09/05/2014 patch, just the same.
Now I know what to do, allthough not ideal, I can live with it.
Do you think it's a bug in the STB or the switch? (although to switch works ok on my SB9000)

Maybe it is a STB issue, hopefully the Patch guys can try and replicate the issue to fix it or suggest other things to try and narrow the problem down

blackdevil
28-05-2014, 05:56 PM
I tested it and i do not see any problem here.
To be 100% sure can you inform me step by step what you exactly want to check ?

Satcat
28-05-2014, 06:15 PM
I tested it and i do not see any problem here.
To be 100% sure can you inform me step by step what you exactly want to check ?

A good example is on 11798H on 28E. When I have the DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 set to 2/4 (the rest of the sats set at 1/4) If I go to Channel 5 there is no signal, but if I then go to Sky sports 1 that's ok and then return to Channel 5 then that's ok, but only if I do that.

blueking
28-05-2014, 07:11 PM
satcat, could you please press the info button three times, on the two channels you have the problem on, and I will try and reproduce the issue ?

Then post the following details :

Program Name :
Frequency :
SID:
DiSEqC:
Local frequency:
Polarity:

Just did a quick test myself, to make sure the DiSEqC switch is always sending the message when changing sats:

I just tested it with my A/B switch again, 0.8W DiSEqC 1.0/1.1 set to 1/4 and 30W set to 2/4, and then I switch between a 0.8W channel and a 30W and I can see the A/B switch working fine, but all my sats have the motor = NONE.

Also if I press the Info key three times, I can see the "DiSEqC" moved from 01 to 02 after changing channels.

Satcat
28-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Channel 5 HD, 11797, 03945, 02, 10600, H

Sky Sports 1 HD, 11797, 03877, 02 10600, H

blueking
28-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Thanks Satcat, I can now reproduce the issue, even though I don't have a DiSEqC based motor.

Test1: I have swapped around my LNB's, so my motor dish is on 2/4 and my 30W fixed is on 1/4, it only seems to lose signal on the switch B (i.e. 2/4 DiSEqC 1.0/1.1), but only if change the sat settings for the Motor = DiseqC1.2/USUAL (not None).

Test 2: If I connect my signal meter (Digisat Pro), and connect the 6000 "Sat In" to the "Receiver" input on the meter, and directly connect my Motor dish (pointing at 28E) to LNB2 on the meter, this simulates the A/B switch.

I think set the meter to "Receiver View", I can see the settings when there is no signal on Channel 5 HD :

General:
Volt = 17.77v
Curr = 76mA
22k = Off BAD <<<<<<<<< So LNB local Oscillator to 9.75 GHz ("low band").

Diseqc:
T-Burst = A
PoS+Opt = 2
Sw1-4 = 1

The 6000 is set to Channel 5 HD, 11797, 03945, 02, 9.75, H.

Test 3: If I repeat above, but this time set the sat settings MOTOR = NONE, then Channel 5 HD channel signal comes back, the meter settings change to the following :

General:
Volt = 18.00v
Curr = 76mA
22k = ON <<<<<<<< So LNB local Oscillator to 10.6 GHz ("high band").

Diseqc:
T-Burst = A
PoS+Opt = 2
Sw1-4 = 1

Conclusion : If Sat settings "DiSEqC 1.0/1.1" is set to 2/4, and also the Motor = DiseqC1.2/USUAL, then the wrong 22K tone signal is sent out to the LNB !!!
(But the Info screen seems to show Local Frequency = 10600, even though the meter is showing 9.75 GHz)

Also if I change to another channel and back to Channel 5 HD, then the correct 22K tone = ON is set and the signal is fine again, really strange stuff.

If I use the meter to force a 22K tone to the LNB, then the signal comes back again.

I think I know what it maybe, if I switch from another HD channel to Channel 5 HD, then the signal is correct, but if I go from another SD channel to Channel 5 HD, then the 22k tone is wrong and there is no signal...

Satcat
28-05-2014, 10:42 PM
Thanks Blueking for your help and time in doing all that testing. It's good to know it's not something silly that I've done, and that it's not my box that got a fault.
Hopefully this will get sorted with a patch sometime in the future. In the mean time I will forget about the switch and just use my motorised dish for all sats.