PDA

View Full Version : STC6000HD Software issues

SWSat
26-05-2014, 11:06 AM
I have an Icecrypt STC6000HD connected to a Vbox via DISEQC 1.2 and a 1.2m Raven Dish. I have a sweep of 30W to 53E inclusive and was running firmware version HS v2.11.70. I have now upgraded to HS v2.11.87 and the problems still exist.

I have found that when I programme multiple satellites into the receiver via a Blind Scan, after adding about 16 satellites, say from 53E to 0.8W, the channel lists start to corrupt. When I do a Blind scan of the next satellite and select a channel after the scan I can receive it. If I then select a satellite that has previously been scanned, on bringing up the Channel list (Down arrow, or Ok) all the previously added channel names for that satellite are changed to the channel name I was last on. The Satellite Transponder settings are not affected, but all channels have the same name. If I cycle through all the channels, the listing updates itself back to the correct names. This continues to occur if I select any other programmed satellite, where all the channels are renamed to the previously viewed channel.

I have also found a problem where if I have an existing satellite with channels listed, if I do a new Auto, Blind or Manual Scan without clearing all TP's (Yellow button), it will only find the radio channels. Clearing all the existing TP's it finds TV and Radio Channels.

Has anyone else found these problems, is there a fix or otherwise ?

Thanks ...

SWSat
13-06-2014, 09:22 PM
I guess not many STC6000's out there then.

Other features found this week, an advertised 10,000 channel receiver but can only store 7031 TV channels. This accounts for the second finding above, where the Satellite has to be cleared before a scan to make room for newly found TV channels and the corruption of the channel lists when over 10,000 channels, total.

On the Plus side, the new Download Sat Information button with Auto scan works quite well on the new firmware.

If anyone has a contact at Icecrypt, would be appreciated. Tried the email address on their website and had no response thus far.

Thanks ...