PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here, needing help running two tvs from spiderbox hd6000?

lauramagraham
07-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Hi, first time spiderbox owner, got the initial set up done, thanks to great forums on here. Looking for some help with something, hope I haven't missed it in a previous thread, wanting to run my tv in the kitchen from the spiderbox in the livingroom using magic eye as I did before. Wondering what extra piece of equipment I need or am I missing something very obvious as the cable I used before with a 5ky + box doesn't fit anywhere. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

JOE.MADDISON
07-06-2014, 02:36 PM
YOU NEED TO BUY A MODULATOR,scart out from spider into modulator,lead from old sky box plugged into modulator Arial tv out,but you can not use sky remote eyes to control spider.

lauramagraham
07-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Thanks for your reply, is there any way to control the box from another room? Could I get a modulator from Amazon or something similar?

terry l
08-06-2014, 08:51 AM
You could buy a cheap video sender off ******* [connected up by scart lead]..but the downside is you will only get sd not hd format..you could get a hd video sender but the cost ain't cheap..

superstarmac
08-06-2014, 11:24 AM
I use an HDMI Splitter:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SPLITTER-Amplifier-Display-Shipping-BLACK/dp/B001D9P1OW

And an IR extender:

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/keene-electronics/keene-ir-distribution-extender-complete-kit-including-standard-ir-receiver/irbkits.html

You can get cheaper IR extenders if you use google but this is what i use for my Kitchen TV

lauramagraham
08-06-2014, 11:26 AM
And from the HDMI splitter do you just have a really long HD cable from the box to your kitchen?

Thanks for your help too! :)

I use an HDMI Splitter:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neet%C2%AE-SPLITTER-Amplifier-Display-Shipping-BLACK/dp/B001D9P1OW

And an IR extender:

http://www.keene.co.uk/electronic/keene-electronics/keene-ir-distribution-extender-complete-kit-including-standard-ir-receiver/irbkits.html

You can get cheaper IR extenders if you use google but this is what i use for my Kitchen TV

superstarmac
08-06-2014, 11:28 AM
My cable is 15m long, works fine :)

All my gear is in a cupboard, i have a 10m cable going to the tv in the living room, 15m to the kitchen

lauramagraham
08-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Thanks so much, I'll get looking into it, can't be without some telly in the kitchen :)

My cable is 15m long, works fine :)

All my gear is in a cupboard, i have a 10m cable going to the tv in the living room, 15m to the kitchen

echelon
08-06-2014, 11:36 AM
for SD and rf distribution a triax tri-link can be used and yes you can control the spiderbox (or any other nearby box) using magic eyes too

TRIAX 370407 TRI-LINK KIT & MODULATOR - VIEW & CONTROL FREESAT/FREEVIEW/ SKY

DESCRIPTION

View and control Freesat, Freeview and Sky around the home!

The New Triax Tri-Link kit solves the issue of distributing Freesat, Freeview and SKY around the home, with the ability to view and control all STB’s on existing analogue sets.
Removes the need to purchase individual STB’s for each additional TV or Upgrading to Flat panel TV’s
Tri - Link can control upto 3 independent pieces of equipment including SKY
Watch and control recorded programmes from your PVR around the home Powers up Digital Link Amplifier and Link eyes
Controls SKY, SKY+ in the conventional way via RF2
Fully agile modulator
SCART loop through
Compact and stylish

The Tri-Link Kit Contains: Modulator, power supply, compact eye and IR Receivers.

there are SEVERAL options for kit that allow the use of magic eyes to control any infra-red operated box , not juts a spiderbox

the only caveat being that you cannot control any box directly apart from the sky box , so any non-sky box needs these "black box" ideas that take the signals from magic eyes and convert them to infra red rays as if you were using the remote and directed at the detectors on the box , this box can be a vermin box , blu ray player , ps3 , anything at all that uses infra red controllers

for HDMI you need a HDMI SPLITTER and long cables as mentioned earlier