PDA

View Full Version : loss of wifi password

vamas
17-06-2014, 06:54 AM
I have realized that every time I download the channel list from the new system I am losing the wifi password.
This can be rather annoying.
Am I doing something wrong or maybe not doing some other command?

thanks for any comments

jbvid
17-06-2014, 08:39 AM
I have realized that every time I download the channel list from the new system I am losing the wifi password.
This can be rather annoying.
Am I doing something wrong or maybe not doing some other command?

thanks for any comments
Hi
Are you following the correct procedure ??

Instructions :
First save your channel list
Go to Network settings & select wired option
Go to Network-Ser*er Setup & turn CCcam, Newcamd lines to off (if you have any)
Load patch
Factory Settings
Turn off/on from main your receiver
Load your channel list, etc.

Satcat
17-06-2014, 08:48 AM
The OP was refering to loading a channel list, not a patch.

jbvid
17-06-2014, 09:22 AM
The OP was refering to loading a channel list, not a patch.
Yes, I read that, maybe loading a channel list with the new system gives the O/P the Wi-Fi problem.
Do you have a better suggestion?
jb

viduka
17-06-2014, 09:33 AM
As far as I can recall the wifi is lost even when putting chan list in via old usb method as well. Its annoying, but not the end of the world, perhaps something that could be looked at in a future patch.

blackdevil
17-06-2014, 10:31 AM
You mean the channel lists from online server ,Menu - Software Update - Upgrade By Network
These lists are for all users and don't contain any settings as other user use other settings.
After you select your preferable settings : language,osd settings,wi-fi password ,usals etc. ,save list in your usb stick and next time load from there.

blackdevil
17-06-2014, 10:38 AM
As far as I can recall the wifi is lost even when putting chan list in via old usb method as well. Its annoying, but not the end of the world, perhaps something that could be looked at in a future patch.

After you put your wifi password and any other settings like language etc. & save channel list , next time you load list from usb stick your settings have already been saved.
If you turn off your receiver and when you turn it on (depends of routers), it doesn't connect to wifi , go menu - network option & turn to wired connection, exit to screen,then return again to this menu and select wireless.

vamas
17-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Thanks all for your comments.
From what I understand this will have to stay as is.
If I do a back up as suggested then I do not really need to update from on line server as I will only put back the previous list and not the updated ones.
thanks again and maybe this will be taken into consideration in future updates as suggested by viduka (5).