PDA

View Full Version : New at all this satellite install.

jay bear
24-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Good morning/afternoon.

I am new to the world of satellite install, but I am very good with tech and computers. I have purchased a Vu + Duo 2 and a motorised dish set up. Twin Tuner (2 x DVBS2)
1m Superior Motorised Dish Pack Dark Motor 500mm Mount Cable LNB 100cm"
LNB Upgrade Quad Titanium. I have set the dish up and I am now tuned into Thor satellite. I have not flashed the receiver yet.

The installation manual that I got with the receiver was pants. It tells me nothing about setting up a motorised dish. The manual has nothing about any settings at all. Nothing about the different menus and what they are for. Very poor instructions.

Can anyone help me set up the rest of the dish. I need to be able to move the dish from the receiver to pick up the other satellites, to see if I have my arc right.

Thanks

mdt
24-06-2014, 03:31 PM
stick @catseyes or @vhannibals multi-bouquets sat list on your box using DBEDIT or install the plug-in and install that way. once you have a multi-sat list installed and your usals are input the dish will move to different satellites. you can of course do it the lazy way and flash a back-up image with lists/cams and plug-ins already installed so you would just need to input your usals lat/long and magic files/softcams and your away. you need to do a great deal of reading around the net to get the jist of how it all works but thats the fun of doing it yourself,regards mdt

echelon
25-06-2014, 02:07 PM
hi and welcome to the forum

please use the relevant forums for any topics or questions

thread closed as this is the introductions and welcome section, not the actual topical debate technical forums

you can copy and paste your questions (or replies) to a new thread in the relevant forum, in this case the VU DUO 2 discussions forum in our dedicated vu and vu duo 2 sections where you will find a comprehensive sticky thread labelled "for dummies" that has all you need within it for the basic setup