PDA

View Full Version : Changing from Vu+ Duo to Vu+ Duo2. Is it worth it...?

stevethejack
27-06-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm running a Vu+ Duo on BH with a 1m motorized dish in South Wales with one input from a quad LNB , also have an input from the quad LNB on a mini dish at 28e coming into it.

If I was to upgrade and get a second twin tuner unit would I be able to record on 2 different frequency on, for example 13e, record on a frequency on 28e and watch another channel on 28e?

I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't used the Vu+ Duo to its full potential with streaming and stuff, but would hopefully get into that more with the new box.

Based on my set up, is it worth the upgrade - I'd get a wireless free wi-fi connection and faster processing, but is it that much better than what I've got to spend the money doing it?

Any advice will be most welcome.

Cheers
Steve

sonic1
27-06-2014, 09:04 PM
The box is in a different league and you can add additional tuners if you wish which will suit all of your needs.

Having owned both boxes I have to say I could never own anything less than a duo2 now.

cosworth4x4
27-06-2014, 09:13 PM
ive gone from a dm800 to solo2 then duo2 .

i cant compare to the vu+ duo , but do not think anything is close to them at the moment ,solo2/duo2.

im only a few miles from you so you are welcome to come and take a look, i know you been on the forum a while or the offer would not be there.

mrdude
27-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Same here m8 - had a duo2 for a while and it's awesome. Nothing touches it and the support for it is great.

doubleudee
01-07-2014, 12:47 PM
ive gone from a dm800 to solo2 then duo2 .

i cant compare to the vu+ duo , but do not think anything is close to them at the moment ,solo2/duo2.

im only a few miles from you so you are welcome to come and take a look, i know you been on the forum a while or the offer would not be there.

You must also be close to me as well then m8, I'm just outside Jackland

As for the Duo+ mine has replaced my DM8000 which died on me, haven't looked back since, brill job and brill service from Lee.

DARKMAN
01-07-2014, 02:55 PM
Vu+ Duo is really very Goods STB si many years in market and no Issues....Duo2 has better CPU and some options more and the look.
But Duo still is every very Good stb if you compare with a lot of stb Linux on market they represent their self they are .

From My knowledge is extend on production only for UK still another Year, from the big request of UK market for this excellent stb.

stevethejack
05-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Another query - if I purchased a Duo2 and added one of these https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/vu-uno-ultimo-duo2-dvb-s-s2-plug-and-play-twin-tuner-module.html would this make it a 4 tuner machine? - Thanks

Jimdefruit
05-07-2014, 10:19 AM
Yes that module gives an extra two tuners to the Duo2.

hda5
05-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Yes Steve, that would give you 4 satellite tuner inputs.