PDA

View Full Version : Spiderbox keeps freezing on all channels

lauramagraham
06-07-2014, 09:49 AM
Hi there, my problem started a few days ago, and continued even after installing the latest patch. All channels are affected, they freeze, sometimes for a second, sometimes several seconds. It doesn't give a "scrambled service" message, the picture (and sound) just freezes then comes back. Any help? Thanks

Mickha
06-07-2014, 10:06 AM
By "All Channels" do you mean the FTA, Free to Air, SD and HD?
Have you checked your signal quality readings during these freezes?
Please check if your receiver has sufficient air flow, to keep it cool, it can help to put a block, under each corner, to allow air to flow underneath.
Can you check your receiver on another dish, and LNB, even a Sky dish, to check it's not a fault in your LNB, or cable?
You can also try someone elses channel list, or do a factory reset, and just scan in a few channels, to test it is not the channel list causing a problem.

lauramagraham
06-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Hi, yea all channels, free included, SD and HD. Haven't checked the signal quality, I'll keep an eye out for that. My spiderbox is out in the open on a shelf so I don't think air flow would be an issue, it's also running from a 5ky dish, I'm not sure what you mean by the other receiver advice.... factory resets don't work, tried a couple and also when I was installing the new patch. Thanks for your help :)

jbvid
06-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Hi, yea all channels, free included, SD and HD. Haven't checked the signal quality, I'll keep an eye out for that. My spiderbox is out in the open on a shelf so I don't think air flow would be an issue, it's also running from a 5ky dish, I'm not sure what you mean by the other receiver advice.... factory resets don't work, tried a couple and also when I was installing the new patch. Thanks for your help :)
Hi
If you use the latest patch > https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?167941-Spiderbox-Smartbox-HD6000-Patch-03-07-2014&p=910797#post910797 you will see what your signal and quality readings are. If they are ok do as MicKha suggests by trying your receiver on someone elses dish.
jb

lauramagraham
06-07-2014, 11:13 AM
ok thanks for that. Yea, both bars "signal and quality" are fine, both over 70% as they have been since I started using spiderbox. I will try it on another dish and see what happens. Thanks again

echelon
06-07-2014, 11:15 AM
check a different box on your sly dish , on say bbc and itv and c4 and see if you get issues

if you do it could be the cable, or the lnb , or the dish is misaligned

the latest patch should have signal and quality bars like its older brothers so check these levels to make sure they are good , if they are bad it could be the cable, the lnb or the dish itself at fault (one or more issues) - also check the connections like the f connector is good too , not the cable pulled out from it or actually loose

the idea here is elimination

testing your box on a family members sly dish (or a friends dish) , testing your dish and cable etc using a different box - narrowing down where the fault lies

if you had dirty or unpleasant water coming from your tap , you would ask a neighbour to check theirs, a family member living 3 miles away to check theirs , see if there are any leaks on the street , etc etc (finding out how far the problem exists and see if only your home was affected)

so research is the key here