PDA

View Full Version : how do i save my existing channel list?

cutain
06-07-2014, 07:45 PM
hi all keep a small usb stick for loading patches and c lists into my spiderbox, however I must be doing something wrong as regards saving my channel list from sbox to usb.

I go software backup/usb root new file and give it a name and save it

I then load patch/factory reset/ load my channel list I have saved from sbox but get (fail ) when loading the channel list.

I then have to load an old list, but have to reset audio levels on most of my channels to 15 maximum, I am not sure where I am going wrong in saving my list to usb.

thanks all

oldhooky
06-07-2014, 07:50 PM
I have found you have to name the file with a .ssu extension or it doesn't work, i.e. name it mylist.ssu.

jbvid
06-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Hi
Try another stick or format the one you use loading an old list, (save your old lists to your PC first)
jb

Aldo
06-07-2014, 09:28 PM
Hi
Try another stick or format the one you use loading an old list, (save your old lists to your PC first)
jb

Just to add to what jbvid has said above when you want to back up your channel list then leave your installed list on your USB Stick, then when you need to do a backup because of any channel changes you have made on the receiver or patch update, then you just put your USB Stick into the receiver with the new patch and your saved channel list and backup to it.

port06
06-07-2014, 09:51 PM
Hello Cutain,

Just adding my piece to all the earlier assists ..

I go software backup/usb root new file and give it a name and save it ......Then ok the new file on the r/hand window ....you will then see the saving action ....before exiting out . hope this helps . cheers port06

Roadrunner
06-07-2014, 10:38 PM
No need to name it 'something.ssu' . The box saves it as it should be saved for a future recovery anyway. The ssu is there so you can benefit from creating your own chlist using the editor. If its only a simple backup and restore that you are after, just save your list under any name without inserting any extensions...Like above.. Just give your list a name and OK on the filename (mylist or something)..the box will take care of the rest. When you want to restore the list after upgrade just find the file on your stick and upload it back to the stb

Roadrunner
06-07-2014, 10:47 PM
I have found you have to name the file with a .ssu extension or it doesn't work, i.e. name it mylist.ssu.
I am sorry but you are wrong. Only posting this reply to make sure that other members are not mislead after reading your post.

oldhooky
06-07-2014, 10:52 PM
I'm not trying to mislead anybody, just posting what works for me and may work for cutain.

Roadrunner
06-07-2014, 10:55 PM
I'm not trying to mislead anybody, just posting what works for me and may work for cutain.
Thats why I thought long and hard before posting a reply to you post( I know you wasn't trying to mislead anybody)).. Just saying that naming a file .ssu when saving a channel list is not neccesary. :respect-048:

jbvid
07-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Hi
If only the people with the problems would take the time and put some effort into reading the freely given guides there would be no or very little problems for them, you were made to read at school that's how you learn how to do things.

Read it, Print it out, Read it again
Backing up channel lists on SPIDERBOX or SMARTBOX 6000 HD
how to back up the channel list before entering 6000hd patch
1.Menu
2.System Settings
3.Software update
4.Software Backup
5.User Database
6.Then go down to usb root then > to get to right hand column
7.Press ok on add new file
8.Name the file and save with or without an .ssu prefix.
9.You will then see the file you named below
10.Press ok on it to execute the back up.
jb

cutain
08-07-2014, 01:48 PM
thanks all for replies
my original channel list when loaded to sbox,needs all the audio levels to be set to level 15, (which I change using the spiderbox audio options on remote) I can see no way of changing audio levels using the separate channel editor software for new lists etc.

this is why I want to save my channel list from sb to usb because I now have audio levels as I require them.

thanks to above posts I can now see why my c list was not being saved.

I was not picking the (user database) file for backup just clicking on usb, now as pointed out I get (ok saving file) and now my list is saving to usb.

sending clist from usb to sbox is now working correctly. I will now keep a copy of said file on pc.

thank all

Satcat
08-07-2014, 03:42 PM
I don't understand why you need to change the audio levels for each channel.
Why not just turn the STBs volume up? I've noticed that after doing a factory reset the volume level is very low and does need to be turned up.

cutain
08-07-2014, 09:17 PM
hi satcat when I look at audio option for a channel using (audio button on remote) it shows channel level -

using + - volume control (the blue volume bar on screen might be at max 32 in my case , going back audio button it still shows channel level-

so I raise it 01- up to max of 15 then exit.

I have found in the past I have recorded something to usb , but have virtually no audio because of the channel level setting.

I am not sure where I got my c list from originally , so if level shows- i have to raise it in the audio option to max 15 then exit, if i then return to audio it shows the max level , and sound goes up or down using the volume control.

thank you