PDA

View Full Version : Intelsat 907 using Icecrypt S3500 receiver and old sky dish

DDHBUSH
11-07-2014, 10:42 AM
Hi all.
Does anyone know if I can use my icecrypt S3500 FTA receiver to pick up a signal from the intelsat 907 satellite?
The second part is can I use an old oval sky dish and LNB to receive a signal from the intelsat 907 satellite? I will be using it in the UK and Spain and Portugal.

Thanking you in anticipation.
Dennis

DDHBUSH
11-07-2014, 02:03 PM
Many thanks for the prompt reply Manic01.
I have just measured the dish and it is 52cm X 38cm. Do you think that this is too small to get a signal?

We will be out of the UK for some weeks and was hoping to at least get some news. I found the BISS key elsewhere on the site and would like to try them to check if my S3500 worked with them or am I wasting my time.

Dennis

Ross_37
11-07-2014, 10:04 PM
I have the 27w bbc biss. in Portugal on a tech F3/5 successfully but it has a 1.1m dish. This was there, and gives a signal on 27w of 78% very good hope this was useful

robbie74
12-07-2014, 05:05 PM
where abouts in spain are you , i have a 1m dish with a 3600 & bbc biss is fine.
if your close i can install for you..

DDHBUSH
12-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Many thanks for the post Ross and Robbie
I will be driving to Ayamonte, Spain which is on the Spain Portugal border. I was wondering about bringing it back to the UK as I also have a touring caravan which I plan to tack on the continent.
As I already had the S3500 I thought I would take that out with an old dish. I will take it and post how I get on in case others are interested.
Icecrypt have said the S3500 should work on the intelsat 907 satellite but did not mention the BISS.
Itsounds like I will have to buy a 1m dish to get the signal but I will see when I get out there.

Robbie thanks for the offer but I should not have any problems fixing the dish if it works but if you are in the area and fancy a round of golf let me know.

All the best
Dennis

nml
12-07-2014, 08:02 PM
I am in Costa del Sol and it works fine on a 80cm dish, I am using vu duo and solo2.

But on the receivers that work you need a special channel list, you cant just scan, also on the vu boxes you have to create a special key list and create your own channel list and only certain cams will work as with other Linux boxes that can do the job.

I have never heard of it working on an Icecrypt, so perhaps Robbie74 can give you some information about what you need to do.

Good luck, nml

Ross_37
12-07-2014, 08:20 PM
I visit the algarve and have a ICERYPT 1600chd and TM F3/5 working successfully. Channels for BISS 27w are available Both stb's have card slots where SLY works on 28.2 as well as 27.5 w

your choice

robbie74
13-07-2014, 12:16 AM
sorry dennis , but im miles from you..
U will need a decent sat meter to line the dish as its a very difficult sat to find, there r 3 all in a very close group its rite next to hispasat which is the spanish tv sat.
U will need a plugin to enter the biss keys & u will need to either get a channel list or do a manual channel scan with all the required freq/transponder/fec

cheers

robbie

nml
13-07-2014, 08:57 AM
If I was you I would set up the box with keys and channel list before you go and test if possible to see if it will work if not take manic1's advice but remember keys could change and not be available for a while or encryption could change. Most meters will not give you a lock on any channels on 27.5 West so you just have to rely on signal strength.

It might be useful to have the box connected for the fine tuning a bit old fashioned but it works.

Finally check the dish settings in advance elevation should be about 41 and don't forget it is a Western satellite so the LNB is skewed in the opposite way, also remember you will be over 4 degrees West so the dish will be pointing at about 23.5 West in case of problems try 30 West then move the dish slightly.

nml

DDHBUSH
13-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Wow. Thanks for the information.
I understand and know how to enter the BISS code into coconut add-on and that they can change.
nml. thanks for the point that the LNB skew is the opposite way as I had not noticed that.
Not sure that I understand the requirement for a channel list? Is this the list of stations and the transponder details? as I thought that was all found when I do a search!
Again at the time of writing this, I do not understand what is meant by "also remember you will be over 4 degrees West so the dish will be pointing at about 23.5 West in case of problems try 30 West" When I get a moment I will look into that further.

I thought it would be a simple plug and play type installation so am very grateful for the great advise given.

Dennis

DDHBUSH
14-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Dish pointer looks a very good app. I head out to Spain soon so will not have time to check anything till I get out there.

I noticed that I cannot turn the LNB as it is set for the sky setup. So I will have to see what can be done with that or get a new dish and LNB.
I can set the frequency to 11495 but cannot see how to set the symbol rate to 44100
Robbie or Ross any help on the setup would be much appreciated.

All the Best
Dennis

robbie74
14-07-2014, 11:44 PM
look here dennis ive added a bbc channels list for you
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?168041-bbc-907-channel-list&p=911376#post911376

cj1558
16-07-2014, 06:55 PM
i have icecrypt s1600 in malaga intelsat 907 30 euros to get dish aligned

DDHBUSH
07-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Hi. All I had hoped to issue a final update on how I got on but I still cannot get signal to work.
I have brought a 1m dish and that gives me between 91 and 93% signal.
An auto or blind search finds 237 TV Services and 40 Radio services. Including BBC world news and lots of channel+ channels.
Using the advanced search and entering the information e.g. Frequency (11485) Polarity (V) Symbol rate (44100) VPID (101) APID (102) (DVB-S2) (9/10) (QPSK). I have also added info for some other TV channels and Radio
This search results in 1 TV found and added to list but signal is 0% (no signal found on screen)
Open Plugin Coconut ensure it is set to auto and started see most lines already populated with what looks like code so change first line to BISS code xxxxxxxxxxxxx1D. Note that SCVID reads 0003 TSD 0001 ORGNETID 0001 and I don’t know how it is entered or means?
Exit out
Tune into SVC_0065_0066_0065 (Name given by search) and 0% signal NO SIGNAL on screen. Other information on screen includes:
SAT: 27.5W Intelsat 9 (Might have cut short due to space)
TP: 11495 (V) 44100
PID 101/102/101
Provider: No Network
I am sure that I am missing something easy but any help in understanding why I cannot receive channels would be very welcome.
Thanking you in anticipation.
Dennis

vamas
07-08-2014, 09:04 PM
@DDHBUSH
I think the best to do is set up F.lmOn on your pc/smartphone/android tablet and you can see all UK channels where ever you are and if your tv/pc/laptop/tablet/smartphone has hdmi, then you can even watch on flat TVs

villamarre
08-08-2014, 01:23 PM
ddh bush i have set up icecrypt 3200 ok and am not far from you in gibraleon if you need help give us a shout

nml
08-08-2014, 05:23 PM
@DDHBUSH,

It looks like you are aligned on the wrong sat! BBC World is not on 27.5 West, the closest sats with it on are 30w and 34.5w.
Open the list that you have scanned and compare it with listings for those 2 sats if you find a match you will know which way to turn the dish, if they are not roughly the same then your alignment is way out.

nml

DDHBUSH
09-08-2014, 10:39 AM
OK so it looks like the S3500 box does not get the BBC so I have been looking for a replacement box that will.

My TV in Spain does not have HDMI so I do not think I can use the TM F3/5, has anyone got a name of a box with AV or Scart out? cheap is good.

Dennis

villamarre
10-08-2014, 12:53 PM
@DDHBUSH
icecrypt 3200ccihd had both scart and hdmi and works well in spain,have 3 working in house and icecrypt 3250

echelon
10-08-2014, 01:11 PM
OK so it looks like the S3500 box does not get the BBC so I have been looking for a replacement box that will.

My TV in Spain does not have HDMI so I do not think I can use the TM F3/5, has anyone got a name of a box with AV or Scart out? cheap is good.

Dennis

I have never known a digital sat box that doesnt have a scart output on it, but try the tm5402 or the blade or similar boxes, or try the icecrypt boxes mentioned in this thread that categorically state they do work on 27.5w with the biss keys

Acuario
10-08-2014, 08:07 PM
I have several S1600CHD boxes working on 27.5 with (in my part of Spain) mínimum 1M dish - tried an 80 but too small. The S1600 does not have SCART but does have HDMI and AV (3 x RCA connectors that you can plug into a SCART adaptor if necessary). As stated above 27.5 is difficult to find but the box has a built in beeper that can help. Just find Hispasat 30 then move left and up a bit. If you use a S1600 make sure you upgrade the channel list as the one it comes with is out of date (or so far all the ones I've bought have been).

Lavaman
11-08-2014, 06:41 AM
Couple of other suggestions are the Amiko Micro HD and SHD-8140, essentially work the same as the S1600 but with 2 year warranty and perhaps more importantly the latest EMU firmware has a dedicated BBC button for use with 27.5W.

The Micro is around a third smaller than the S1600 and comes ready to conceal behind a TV and with IR eye. This one is HDMI and A/V (phono) out and includes cables.

The 8140 is the same thing software wise (with dedicated BBC option on EMU software) but this time is a little larger in size with built in power supply and front LED display and comes with HDMI and SCART out.

Both tried and tested on 27.5W and with good support by way of the dedicated EMU firmware.

ColdAsICE
13-08-2014, 09:52 AM
DDHBUSH,
Dont buy anything else m8 despite the advice here the Icecrypt S3500 does the Intelsat907 channels perfectly.

All you need is to add the channels manually via the add channels and then enter the PID info or you can use the pre-made channel list I have attached that as a .fdu file with the channels all done for you.

The other thing you will need is the latest coconut plugin with the correct keys also included in the package.

Simply unzip and place these two files onto a USB stick then insert the stick into the S3500.
The plugin will be detected and you will see a popup screen asking you if you want to install it.
Press the red button to install, the fdu(channel list) is installed in the same manner, toggle left or right on the remote to select it, then the red button to load it.

Once loaded go into the plugin menu to start it and make it auto start.

Once Coconut has started you can view and edit the keys by press OK on the coconut which will show the brown edit menu.

Hope my help is not too late.

echelon
13-08-2014, 11:09 AM
well , there you have it in a nutshell (a coconut one , lol)

if coldasice says it works, then it works - no question, but I think you need to follow his advice above exactly in order to make it work

DDHBUSH
13-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Thanks to ColdAsIce (Could do with some ICE here in Spain). I will try exactly what you say and I think I may have to buy you a drink when it works as the reason for logging on was to check prices and order box.

I have tried entering all the data by hand and reloading coconut and entering the code in the first line. the file I downloaded from another thread on this site was fully populated and I even tried loading the code in the first 6 lines in case I needed to do it for each station.

By the way I must also thank nml as he again was spot on regarding the satellite I was pointing to and I even managed to get up to 6 bbc chevrons when realigned

Will update after I have gone through the step by step instructions above.

LOL Dennis:respect-049:

DDHBUSH
13-08-2014, 07:02 PM
All you are now hearing from a very happy old man:respect-059: I have to let you all know how much I thank you all for either trying to help or those that did help many were right but I think the main problem was that the copy of Coconut. A special thanks is due to ColdAsIce for confirming that the S3500 does work on the intelsat satellite. off course pointing to the wrong satellite did not help.

One last panic as the BISS code needed to be updated to the one that was dated June 14.

To close and confirm what works for other who might need the information:

OLD SKY dish did not work
Minimum dish size needs to be in Ayamonte,Spain/Portugal area is 80cm Dia

Files above from ColdAsIce do work but Coconut key needs to be updated (Not quoted as it could be out of date by tomorrow so check on internet and make sure it is the latest (No date probably not the latest))

Looks like the thread has a good list of working FTA Receivers and the Icecrypt S3500 works well.

Respect to you all :respect-023:

villamarre
14-08-2014, 07:31 AM
Glad you are working OK and remember that the codes seem to be changing every 13 weeks or so ,so you may need to update soon,they have changed on Thursday morning at 11am Spanish time the last 3 times ,so be aware that if you get scrambled on all channels this means the codes have changed and need to be updated.

David.c
29-08-2014, 08:34 PM
where abouts in spain are you , i have a 1m dish with a 3600 & bbc biss is fine.
if your close i can install for you..

Having been quoted over 300euros for an Icecrypt box and seeing the boxes cost circa £60 I was interested to read this thread though a lot of the information is not understood.
Is it possible to buy the Icecrypt box fully set up to receive intelsat 907 UK tv BBC and Itv channels. I know the code changes regularly but presumably this can be found on the internet and updated by a novice
Do you live near enough to the Albox area [Almeria] to help [at a price]
I already have Two dishes mounted on my property but only receive limited freeview channels. one of the 1.3m dishes is pointing towards the intelsat907 but not yet connected.
As it is common practice to use multiple dishes together to receive signals from distant satellites why can't this technique be used to get BBC from the Astra satellite focused on the UK and which has low signal strength in our area [a 2.4m dish will cost aprox 1000euros]

Help and advice will be very much appreciated to avoid buying unsuitable equipment and getting my fingers burnt.

DDHBUSH
30-08-2014, 05:01 PM
David.C

I am in Ayamonte ner Portugal so not near you.

As you and others might have guest I am newish to this type of box but do know a lot more now than I did.

I know someone with a dish over 3m in this area and he cannot get any more than me on 28.2.

Download the files from ColdasIce in an earlier post load them onto a USB stick and follow his instructions then change the BISS code in coconut job done. I do not know if they will work on the s1600 or s3200 but they work on the S3500. What I do like is being able to play about and undo changes via restore.

I have linked my two satellites using a DisEqC switch then set the DisEqC setting in dish settup to 1.0 and off and all work well you can do that up by the dish or by the box. No EPG is available for 27.5w but working on that see my other thread as I did not wish to confuse this thread.

I do not know if you can use a sky card in the icecrypt but as I don't have one that is not an issue.

I hope this helps you as much as the other respondance helped me.

Dennis

robbie74
30-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Having been quoted over 300euros for an Icecrypt box and seeing the boxes cost circa £60 I was interested to read this thread though a lot of the information is not understood.
Is it possible to buy the Icecrypt box fully set up to receive intelsat 907 UK tv BBC and Itv channels. I know the code changes regularly but presumably this can be found on the internet and updated by a novice
Do you live near enough to the Albox area [Almeria] to help [at a price]
I already have Two dishes mounted on my property but only receive limited freeview channels. one of the 1.3m dishes is pointing towards the intelsat907 but not yet connected.
As it is common practice to use multiple dishes together to receive signals from distant satellites why can't this technique be used to get BBC from the Astra satellite focused on the UK and which has low signal strength in our area [a 2.4m dish will cost aprox 1000euros]

Help and advice will be very much appreciated to avoid buying unsuitable equipment and getting my fingers burnt.

Hi dave

im about 20mins from you , if your interested in bbc i can supply a box for ya..

give me your number & i can discuss all options with you.

Cheers rob

David.c
31-08-2014, 01:44 PM
hi rob,
my number is UK 01509 412944
I am definitely interested in making contact but as I am new to this forum I don't know if you are able send a pm or use email addresses
regards and thanks
David

ozzsurf
31-08-2014, 01:48 PM
not very wise giving your phone number on a open forum

David.c
31-08-2014, 06:18 PM
How else can you make private contact when you can only make a pm after a number of posts?

David.c
31-08-2014, 06:22 PM
you need to have 15 posts before you can send a pm

robbie74
01-09-2014, 10:11 PM
HI dave, just seen your message ill give u a buzz tomoz..

r u not in spain at the moment , do u have a spanish number i can call you on ?

cheers

rob

David.c
02-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Yes I have a mobile number but as I can't send a pm I will give it to you when you call.
I discovered a local company in Leicester - *********** - who sounded very interesting. I visited them yesterday and they went out of their way to help me. They had a box called an Amico Micro which I understand is a bit more up to date than the Icecrypt. While I was there they aligned their dish to Intelsat 907, entered the code and it worked. They can supply these ready set up for about £70. BUT having spent a lot of time researching it appears that aligning the dish may be the difficult part. I am tempted to buy the box on Friday and bring it with me. What do you think?
I phoned Icecrypt and they confirmed that an icecrypt s1600chd would be more suitable and they were working on an improvement to the software to be available in about two months.

David.c
03-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Hi Ross 37. Its a bit difficult not being able to send a PM because I have not yet achieved 15 posts but thanks so much for your interest.
I have bought the Amico Micro in Leicester after it had been progrmmed for me and I have used it here to get BBC/ITV/SKY from Intelsat/Astra without any trouble. I am taking it to Spain on Monday and will report how it performes. I anticipate the only difficulty will be aligning the dish but a local installer has kindly offered to help.
Regards
David

bigbadger
10-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Hi Guys Very interesting thread and just what I have been looking for. The Icecrypt 1600 seems to fit the bill - I need some guidance on installing the BISS key. I am very PC savvy but have not done this before. Can anyone give me a quick idiots guide. I am in Spain v close to Gibraltar currently have SKY HD connected to my broadband and IPTV boxes all working quite happily. However the recent changes made by filmon I would prefer to use IntelSAT 907 to get my BBC's etc. I have a very friendly installer who will put me up an 80cm dish and align it but need to get the receiver working with the codes. Here I stumble. Any help greatly appreciated. Presumably there is an engineer/installer menu then need to input the codes from USB? The process would be well received. Many Thanks

ColdAsICE
18-09-2014, 01:53 PM
bigbadger,
Once you have a S1600 all you need to do is make sure it has the latest patched firmware.
You can down load it from the firmware section here and then use a USB memory stick to upgrade the receiver or connect the S1600 to the internet via its network port and use the ftp download to download the firmware directly into the receiver.
The keys do change every 13 weeks or so.
This means you will need to enter the new ones via the remote control or upgrade firmware again with the latest patched firmware which would have the keys embedded.

bigbadger
21-09-2014, 07:04 AM
bigbadger,
Once you have a S1600 all you need to do is make sure it has the latest patched firmware.
You can down load it from the firmware section here and then use a USB memory stick to upgrade the receiver or connect the S1600 to the internet via its network port and use the ftp download to download the firmware directly into the receiver.
The keys do change every 13 weeks or so.
This means you will need to enter the new ones via the remote control or upgrade firmware again with the latest patched firmware which would have the keys embedded.

Much appreciated. Does this firmware have a built-in EPG so that I can setup a menu system to list the channels? If I wanted to record form the Icecrypt 1600 is it a straightforward solution by adding some external storage?

Cheers

bigbadger
04-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Hi ColdAsICE

I understand the keys changed at the end of Septemberish but the patched firmware for the S1600CHD in the Firmware section for Icecrypt s1600 is dated 5/8 - I assume this will not work? Where can I find a later version or do I not need one to watch BBC?

Many thanks

cj1558
17-10-2014, 11:02 AM
i have the ice s1600 box near malaga and have a 80cm dish works fine.This is the minimum size dish needed.

bigbadger
17-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Cheers - how well does the 80cm work in bad weather/rain?

cj1558
17-10-2014, 01:15 PM
same as all the rest in bad weather/rain even with larger dish it will go off at some point

Liveaboard
11-05-2015, 11:23 PM
hello everyone;
I'm in southern Portugal with a 1.8 meter dish and a VU+Duo box, VIX image
I have now got my dish pointed at 27.5W with a good strong signal. Channel search has brought up a list of BBC stations.
I have CCcam installed, but no key files to play with.
I'm not very good at this...
Should I install the 'coconut' plugin as described earlier in the thread by Cold As Ice? if so, where can I download it?
I have the key, I think.
thanks, gracias, merci, obrigado, bedankt, arigato, etc.

Mickha
11-05-2015, 11:53 PM
Check this thread out:
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?169911-27-5-west-guide

villamarre
01-07-2015, 01:31 PM
big badger-there is no epg on 907 so you have to use a tv guide online,that said you can record 1 channel while watching another as all the same transponder,with an 80cm dish you will have a limited amount of weather tolerance,i have 1.4m and have never lost signal even when we haf 90km/hr winds.You only need memory stick to record,i have found 32GB preferable as 64 and above seem to encounter problems and hard drives tend to lock up,so would recommend 32GB stick.

DougieA
19-01-2017, 09:32 PM
Hi Davidc, I'm looking at getting a box for motorhome touring Spain.Wondered how the micro worked in Spain and was the shop Es...........
Thanks
DougieA

bigbadger
20-01-2017, 06:56 AM
Hi Davidc, I'm looking at getting a box for motorhome touring Spain.Wondered how the micro worked in Spain and was the shop Es...........
Thanks
DougieA

I actually use Icecrypt s1600 - the setup can be downloaded directly from the Icecrypt site from within the receiver (using an ethernet cable). You will need some sort of meter to align the dish - I spent ages with no luck using my iphone!