PDA

View Full Version : lost signal on all sats

welshpaddy
19-07-2014, 07:22 PM
watching tv with spiderbox 9000hd yesterday message suddenly appeared on screen no signal weather was ok at time this has happened before still able to drive dish to sats disconnect box from my motorised dish and connected it to sly dish signal ok when this happened before i would reconnect to motorised dish after a day or so and signal would then reappear but not this time

welshpaddy
19-07-2014, 07:49 PM
just went into menu and found that id lost longitude and latitude why this happened i dont know as i havent altered anything anyway got to tune all sats in again
watching tv with spiderbox 9000hd yesterday message suddenly appeared on screen no signal weather was ok at time this has happened before still able to drive dish to sats disconnect box from my motorised dish and connected it to sly dish signal ok when this happened before i would reconnect to motorised dish after a day or so and signal would then reappear but not this time

welshpaddy
20-07-2014, 12:31 PM
using usals reput my long/lat back in but no satellites had go to each one do sat search and save my channels

cannydo
20-07-2014, 05:05 PM
I could be wrong but it sounds like something is shorting your box m8 and factory resetting it. Only thing I can think of hand is a small piece of outer core wire touching the inner core. When your box cools the wire loses contact you would be better to try another receiver on your motorized system see if it zeroes that.

Good luck

welshpaddy
22-07-2014, 11:29 AM
signal just gone again while watching havent lost satellites or channels this time

Mickha
22-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Could be a failing LNB, loose connection, cable, or hardware fault, on your receiver.
Can you check your receiver, on another dish? Even just someone's Sky dish.

Just re-read your first post, does the cable go through the motor? Can you run the cable directly from the LNB to your receiver?

welshpaddy
22-07-2014, 02:04 PM
if i connect to my sly dish its ok cable goes through motor and still drives dish ok

welshpaddy
22-07-2014, 04:01 PM
disconnected sat connection from box left box switched off at back for a couple of hours reconnected now ok box was very warm so will leave box off when not in use cant understand how it worked on sly dish connection though

welshpaddy
31-07-2014, 12:02 PM
problem solved box was getting too hot put a cooling pad with a fan with a fan that i was using for my laptop under the box now running a lot cooler