PDA

View Full Version : Help with Motor/Spider problem

maurice
05-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Set up my Spider 9000 with my motor using Diseqc yesterday and it worked OK.

Switched off ( at mains ) last night and when I tried to move the dish
this morning nothing happens, shows on screen "Moving to..." but the dish is still at 10e where I left it.

My question is: is there some kind of Memory in the box that when switched off at the mains wipes it clean? then preventing the dish to operate.

digicon
05-08-2014, 09:44 AM
What Brand of Diseqc Motor

maurice
05-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Its a SatControl SM3D12 HH Motor.

darkson
05-08-2014, 10:57 PM
hi,i had a 9000hd, same sort of thing happened to me, i dont know exactly what type of motor you have, myself have got a dark motor, which has a movable button you can do manually,i set it to same position as s,y check with tv if you got picture you can reset from there,hopefully,

maurice
06-08-2014, 07:24 AM
@darkson, thanks, mine has a manual button. As I stated in thread 1 I spent most of Mon setting it up. The question is, is the memory ( if it has one )
effected if you switch off at the mains?

BillyBits
06-08-2014, 12:19 PM
If you are using DiSEqC to find and set each satellite position make sure that the "StoreSAT Position (Pos=?) number is different for each satellite.
As you find each satellite then you need to.
Motor Setup - Command - Cursor to Command - Press the Yellow button and choose a number - Press OK.

I always find it better to make a list of all the satellites I can receive and put a unique number against each one.
Then use these numbers when setting up each satellite.

The Pos numbers are stored in both the motor and your channel list.
If you use someone else's list they will no doubt be using different numbers so you will have to manually find and store then again.

BillyBits

maurice
06-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Thanks BillyBits, it was your channel list I used, so I will do as you say.
Regards.

JOE.MADDISON
07-08-2014, 12:51 PM
have same problem sometimes ,9000 controlling v box, find this resets/clears problem > right side sat list button>select list>select next sat in list up or down>press ok...dish moves to that sat> sat list again >select the sat you wanted>press ok dish goes to correct sat