PDA

View Full Version : T5402HD discussion

holmroad
06-08-2014, 11:12 AM
Not much discussion of late on TM5402HD 'business' on here of late - hows everyone getting on with Phantom's latest patch no. 122P?
;)

Coastman
06-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Not much discussion of late on TM5402HD 'business' on here of late - hows everyone getting on with Phantom's latest patch no. 122P?
;)
Just recently upgraded or downgraded from mk1 depending how people view it and got to say generally quite impressed with the receiver especially with the different onscreen graphics and different settings. One gripe i have and not sure how to cure is sometimes when on a channel will go into wider screen mode like on ntsc mode but doing it on channes i know are not in this format, tried different settings and not hit on the one to cure it yet although maybe a bug in the firmware. Also strange thing when putting on the channel list from the mk1 version as transponders i had deleted on some sats like 7w,30e and 42e and some others not on all sats though appeared in the list again not a major problem but strange nontheless.
Iam always interested in finding the best patch for tuner sensitivity and took your advice and used 117p and find its slightly better bringing in fringe signals than the ones i had on the mk1 although 115p is also very good. Tried 122p and although signal quality bars show more signal than the other two patches wihich we all know can be misleading in fact for tuner sensitive is the worst of the three patches i have tested in my opinion although i appreciate it opens up more stuff.

Barney
06-08-2014, 10:23 PM
There has not been a better patch since 117p
yes quite a lot of Bugs on the M3 that are not with M1/M2 so impossible to suggest that all TM5402 HD boxes are good or work fine because thats just not accurate im afraid .
M1/M2 models do seem like a huge upgrade compared with the M3 the only Bonus with M3 ive found is about 1500 odd IPTV Channels that never seem to work .

There needs to be quite a lot of work done on the TM5402 M3 box before it can even hold a candle to the M1/M2 models ,
so anyone thinking about being silly and 'upgrading' my advice is Think again since Tmate already have all but ended support already for the TM5402 M3 HD ...Yes that may sound pretty harsh and unfair but it needs to be said and any patches that have come for this box have all been botched up patches just threw together in many respects with no care or attention given to the buyer/customer requirements .

holmroad
06-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Well I'm more than happy with my M3 on patch 122P - everything I use is great, even the PVR, where earlier M3 patches failed to play back recordings made on my trusty old TM6900HD Super, plus we get SD TNT Sat & ORF on 19E where required, plus SD Digitu*k 7E, plus SD CS Link on 23.5E and good old Bulsat Irdeto 2 only on 39E - all via latest TM softcam!

I also experience the widescreen 'deformity', e.g. on 15W ESPN Caribbean, on ALL patches (incl 115P and 117P - both tried out.

We also await a further Phantom patch to help further with the issues some people report in blind scans - plus a few minor other 'fine tuning' of a few remaining issues!

holmroad
07-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Well maybe 15W wasnt a very good example then, but this display distortion happens on other channels too, often very unexpectedly, so its deffo an issue, but I dont believe its been put to Phantom as I keep forgetting!! lol!!
Its good to see its not just me!

Coastman
07-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Glad the picture display going into full screen mode even cropping out the channel logo on pal channels was not my imagination. Still having problems with deleting transponders as i said they delete ok from advance search menu and then save and exit to normal channel viewing go back to advance search menu and the deleting tp is back in the list. Have to agree with manic1 and barney that the mk1 at the moment is the better more stable model a shame as i think the mk3 has lots of potential although if support stops as barney says will be disappointing. Probably going back the mk1 at the moment, does anyone know which of the latest patches for this receiver is the best for tuner sensitivity for weak signals as have on the latest and found not the best for this?. Thanks also to barney about the tip on the iptv channels as i was going to set this up but will not bother now.

holmroad
07-08-2014, 11:45 PM
Ironically I used to get this same picture distortion with my TM5420HD M2 too - and I nearly always found that it actually started each time when on say ESPN Caribbean 15W - still there on other TP's and even packages until I switched off/on again!!
So no Coastman you weren't imagining it at all mate - and apparently neither was I, I simply never mentioned it in case I again got jumped on for imagining it all!! lol!!

Coastman
08-08-2014, 03:49 PM
For the moment i have reverted back to the mk1 with latest 1.42p and i will give credit to the mk3 here as the patches i tried 115p and 117p have far better signal quality for weaker sats, used 4w and 7w as a reference even the 122p is slightly better. So as i mentioned in previous post does anyone know a good recent patch for the mk1 for good tuner quality on a par with the 117p etc for the mk3.

mdt
08-08-2014, 04:51 PM
For the moment i have reverted back to the mk1 with latest 1.42p and i will give credit to the mk3 here as the patches i tried 115p and 117p have far better signal quality for weaker sats, used 4w and 7w as a reference even the 122p is slightly better. So as i mentioned in previous post does anyone know a good recent patch for the mk1 for good tuner quality on a par with the 117p etc for the mk3.

our friend @zorch found 117p to be the best fringe reception patch for the mark1 although not recent i grant you... i guess its a case of trying them all and deciding which one is best for you with what it opens/sensetivity ect,regards mdt

holmroad
08-08-2014, 07:35 PM
our friend @zorch found 117p to be the best fringe reception patch for the mark1 although not recent i grant you... i guess its a case of trying them all and deciding which one is best for you with what it opens/sensetivity ect,regards mdt

Interesting mate - plus maybe Zorch not so well known here on Pimps?
However, on the M3 version which we are discussing here, I deffo believe 122P to be best - ok, that's for what I personally want! lol!!

skomedal
08-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Discussion is the thread title.

Definition of discussion is:-

noun
an act or instance of discussing; consideration or examination by argument, comment, etc., especially to explore solutions; informal debate.

_http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/discussion

So why invite to discussion as you know quite well threads can stray and go slightly off topic with good advice.

Regards

Edit Title of thread does not mention which model

holmroad
08-08-2014, 11:46 PM
Oh dear, sorry for living!!
Mind you I hadn't REALISED I'd forgotten to mention M3 in heading, so soon remedied mate, THANKS!

Coastman
09-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Probably my fault for bringing up the mark1 in conjuction with the mark3, as mentioned i have just got the mark3 and just wanting to get feedback to compare. Also mdt advised me that zorch said 117p a very old patch for the mark1 is a good tuner sensitive patch but when looking in firmware section there is a line with info but the file appears to be missing, files 116p and 118p from the time when released are present not a great problem just thought i would mention it.

holmroad
09-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Great Coastman, glad you are getting some guides, but you are correct that I did head this thread 'Latest TM5402HD findings or whatever, meaning 'latest' patch too which was 122P without actually mentioning it specifically, PLUS for LATEST TM5402HD - but I admit I wasnt OVER explicit and had made assumptions!! lol!!
Sorry to all!!!!

digicon
10-08-2014, 10:57 AM
Probably my fault for bringing up the mark1 in conjuction with the mark3, as mentioned i have just got the mark3 and just wanting to get feedback to compare. Also mdt advised me that zorch said 117p a very old patch for the mark1 is a good tuner sensitive patch but when looking in firmware section there is a line with info but the file appears to be missing, files 116p and 118p from the time when released are present not a great problem just thought i would mention it.

If this is any help Patch 117p for the Mark1 Version

holmroad
10-08-2014, 11:41 AM
If this is any help Patch 117p for the Mark1 Version

Only thing is have you seen how old that patch is mate - two and a half years old?
Think of all the water thats gone under the bridge since then, with different firmwares etc!
There are older versions for Mark 1 up nearer the '140's' in Download Centre if you care to try them on the Mark one - but that's really down to personal preference mate!

Think Barney's got it wrong for the Mark 3 though as after all that's TM's current 'flagship' non linux surely, so cant see them stopping support for ages yet - maybe he says this because its actually a while (for a change lol!!) since the last Mk 3 patch - a whole 2-3 weeks!!
We do still await a new Phantom patch anyway to rectify a few issues as discussed in more detail on the TM forum!

Coastman
10-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Only thing is have you seen how old that patch is mate - two and a half years old?
Think of all the water thats gone under the bridge since then, with different firmwares etc!
There are older versions for Mark 1 up nearer the '140's' in Download Centre if you care to try them on the Mark one - but that's really down to personal preference mate!

Think Barney's got it wrong for the Mark 3 though as after all that's TM's current 'flagship' non linux surely, so cant see them stopping support for ages yet - maybe he says this because its actually a while (for a change lol!!) since the last Mk 3 patch - a whole 2-3 weeks!!
We do still await a new Phantom patch anyway to rectify a few issues as discussed in more detail on the TM forum!
Hi holmroad. Think digicon which i thank him for found the very old 117p for me as mentioned in post no12 by mdt and in my post no16. I will also take your comments on board and try for good tuner sensitive signals although have been using some of the latest ones and find not as good for this function.

holmroad
10-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Hi holmroad. Think digicon which i thank him for found the very old 117p for me as mentioned in post no12 by mdt and in my post no16. I will also take your comments on board and try for good tuner sensitive signals although have been using some of the latest ones and find not as good for this function.

Thats great mate, as only YOU can judge how its going there, please let us know, even though its 'M1' topic and not really 'M3'! lol!!

moulin
11-08-2014, 05:45 PM
I've just checked (because it seems a while since I did anything to it!) and my M3 is running 121. Perhaps I'm less demanding than some folk but my box is doing everything I could want - the only thing I would like back is TNTsat HD but SD is fine for most things, particularly as I can get TF1 HD (for the news, not the rubbish American junk) via 9 deg E. And I realise that any TNTsat at all is a bonus.

So I'm happy to wait for any further improvements as they will be a treat rather than a necessity.