PDA

View Full Version : Any help possible alignment issue on S3200

Mr_Flibble
10-08-2014, 12:39 PM
So over in Competa up in the hills and I have a little problem, I can't seem to get intelsat 907.
I'm sure I'm aligned on it.
if I move the dish a little I can get to 30 W and if I move it the other way I get intelsat 905.
However for some reason I am getting no signal on my box for what appears to be a satellite in-between.
using an icecrypt 3200 that has been patched and quite a big dish (well over a meter).

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas why my box sees no signal on the transponder for 907 ?

Thanks
Rob

villamarre
10-08-2014, 12:55 PM
how have you set the decoder up and what sort of meter are you using as signal is 90% on 80cm dish in S Spain & Portugal,have it working at mine

skew has to be 30 in opposite direction to sky as Westerly satellite and angle is 40 degrees elevation I use a digital sat meter that i have programmed but as long as decoder has right detail it should work ith a cheaper analog sat meter,what have you programmed for sat on decoder and what SW are you using

Mr_Flibble
10-08-2014, 03:29 PM
using the software S3200_1.6.41_EMU and the transponder I'm trying to hit is 11495 v 44100

villamarre
11-08-2014, 08:08 AM
yes thats all fine,same as mine,have done loads of these so suggest you put lnb into neutral position i.e in the middle at 0,then move dish to rough position 215 degrees and then move the dish from 20 to 45 degrees elevation and you should hit the sat then its a matter of fine tuning but the signal is very strong,dont forget that when you scan the channels you use the BBC option in the sw

Mr_Flibble
16-08-2014, 10:18 AM
forgive me for being a bit dumb but, where are the bbc options in the software ?

villamarre
17-08-2014, 04:58 PM
when you scan for channels there should be an option for BBC channels,that is what you want to scan for and they should all come in correctly but in random order so I order them using organise services in the menu after scanning.

villamarre
17-08-2014, 04:58 PM
@Mr_Flibble
when you scan for channels there should be an option for BBC channels,that is what you want to scan for and they should all come in correctly but in random order so I order them using organise services in the menu after scanning.