PDA

View Full Version : Amiko Mini HD Combo Firmware and Channel List

Lavaman
10-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Attached is the latest Amiko Mini HD Combo EMU and MCAS firmware along with 'Enhanced Firmware' which includes EMU, latest 28.2 East channel list and access to online channel list and firmware updates (this will be the popular choice for most UK users). Also attached is a guide which explains how to update with firmware by USB stick along with and accessing/using popular features.

Once 'Enhanced Firmware' is flashed to the receiver the first time round you will providing your receiver is connected to broadband internet have access to the online channel list and firmware update features direct from the receivers menu at a few clicks of the remote control, this can be accessed by:

Menu > Internet > Ftp Upgrade > Connect (RED) > Highlight your required update > Upgrade (RED) > All SW + bootloader > OK - The receiver will now automatically download the update, flash the receiver and then reboot.

All SW + bootloader is the suggested method of update to ensure a complete and working flash including channel list and firmware, however it is possible to update channel list only if you wish (not generally recommended), if you would like to though then simply exchange ALL SW + bootloader to Channel list in the above online update instructions and this will ensure that only the channel list is updated (note this will overwrite any local changes you made yourself to the existing channel list, satellites list etc.)

Lavaman
07-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Update September 4th 2014 for Amiko Combo HD as available from Goldwafers HERE (https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Amiko-Mini-HD-Combo-Digital-DVB-S-S2-DVB-T-T2-C-Satellite-Terrestrial-Cable-Receiver.html)

MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE WITH THE ADDITION OF A NEW CHANNEL CATEGORY:
'BBC PACKAGE INTELSAT 907 @ 27.5 WEST'
FOR ALL THOSE USERS WISHING TO RECEIVE THE BBC, ITV, CHANNEL4 SD AND HD SERVICES AT 27.5W

Adjust 28.2 East channel list settings to provide working version of:
MTV SUMMER RENAMED TO MTV CLASSIC

AS THIS IS A FIRMWARE UPDATE IN ADDITION TO CHANNEL LIST WE ADVISE FOR ALL TO UPDATE AND ENSURE YOU CHOOSE SW+BOOTLOADER AS THE UPDATE METHOD

Update now available online (Menu > Internet > Ftp Upgrade > Connect (RED) > Highlight your required update > Upgrade (RED) > All SW + bootloader > OK) and for USB update from the attached file

Fifelad1234
14-04-2015, 08:12 PM
Hay lavaman i have this on my screen IDENT Error --UNINIT! When i turn my amiko mini combo on i cant access controller menu the display on box stays saying on constant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aldo
14-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Hay lavaman i have this on my screen IDENT Error --UNINIT! When i turn my amiko mini combo on i cant access controller menu the display on box stays saying on constant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?170438-Amiko-Mini-Combo-IDENT-Error-UNINIT!

Maybe you should read lavaman's reply in this thread and stick to what he has said in the last post:

youssaf
23-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Hi Lavaman can you please post the Latest channels list of 28 east for Amiko mini combo HD,thanks

Lavaman
23-04-2015, 10:16 PM
Check out the thread linked to in the post above by Aldo - It's got the latest 28.2 East Amiko Combo HD Firmware/Channel List USB update on there but also a simple guide on how to update online from there on in (once the USB update has been loaded first time round basically), after this you shouldn't need (or at least very rarely need) to update by USB any more, you can simply update online for firmware/channel lists providing your receiver is connected to the Internet with a few clicks of the remote control.

youssaf
23-04-2015, 10:42 PM
i already got firmware and i scan the channels But i want all channels favourit with names like News ,international, etc.if i flash with above link i lost all data ?

Lavaman
24-04-2015, 05:56 AM
A favourites 28.2 East channel list is exactly what the above will provide you with, go for it!

youssaf
25-04-2015, 03:19 PM
Lavaman installed your channels list But there is no Favourite names Like News international or sports

Lavaman
26-04-2015, 08:21 AM
100% they are included, can you explain how you are loading the channel list?

ulstersaint
27-04-2015, 11:14 AM
Update September 4th 2014 for Amiko Combo HD as available from Goldwafers HERE (https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Amiko-Mini-HD-Combo-Digital-DVB-S-S2-DVB-T-T2-C-Satellite-Terrestrial-Cable-Receiver.html)

MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE WITH THE ADDITION OF A NEW CHANNEL CATEGORY:
'BBC PACKAGE INTELSAT 907 @ 27.5 WEST'
FOR ALL THOSE USERS WISHING TO RECEIVE THE BBC, ITV, CHANNEL4 SD AND HD SERVICES AT 27.5W

Adjust 28.2 East channel list settings to provide working version of:
MTV SUMMER RENAMED TO MTV CLASSIC

AS THIS IS A FIRMWARE UPDATE IN ADDITION TO CHANNEL LIST WE ADVISE FOR ALL TO UPDATE AND ENSURE YOU CHOOSE SW+BOOTLOADER AS THE UPDATE METHOD

Update now available online (Menu > Internet > Ftp Upgrade > Connect (RED) > Highlight your required update > Upgrade (RED) > All SW + bootloader > OK) and for USB update from the attached file

when i hit the red button to connect it says cant connect to server.it wont connect to server so that i can highlight my required update. it used to no problem. or maybe i need a new server to connect to? also tried updating thru usb with no joy any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Lavaman
27-04-2015, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately I have no idea on this one then other than check you have a connection to the Internet, the server built into the firmware (the one advised you use that is) is the correct one, the server is all fully working (new release just posted today), it can only be one of three things, either you you have old firmware loaded on there (pointing to the wrong update server or not updated by SW+Bootloader), the update server is down (I can confirm this is not the case) or the receiver itself doesn't have a connection to the Internet.

While I don't recall it having changed since then the above firmware update is months old, I would Google for the very latest one which was released today or I can post it tomorrow, you may as well start with the latest by USB update and then after that go with the online updates... Now as it was a new release today with a significant number of channel changes it's possible that the server is busy (unlikely but possible) so in this case try again a little later and see if it's working then if you like before going for the latest USB update instead.

ulstersaint
28-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Thank u for your reply. So I basically need :
Server name
FTP Server URL
Anonymous FTP
User Name
Password

Thanks again .

Lavaman
28-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Yes those details if you were to set the update server you are connecting to manually or the perhaps better and sure easier the latest 'Enhanced Firmware' updated by USB this time round which will give you the latest 28.2 East channel list along with pre-entered and current FTP update server settings, just make sure you choose SW+Software as the update method.

As soon as I am in front of a PC I will upload the latest USB release which should get you on the right track.

Lavaman
28-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Update April 27/04/15

Channel list update

New Frequency for:

Sky Living
Sky Living +1
Sky Atlantic
Sky1
Sky2
Sky Arts 1
Lifetime
Showcase
Information TV
Showcase+1
TCM Movies
Sky Showcase
IQRA TV
ABU DHABI TV
SAMAA
Sikh Channel
Chelsea TV
Sky Sports 5
Eurosport
Gospel channel
Believe TV

If you already have the 'Enhanced Firmware' loaded on then you can update now online (Menu > Internet > Ftp Upgrade > Connect (RED) > Highlight your required update > Upgrade (RED) > All SW + bootloader > OK) or for USB update use the attached file .abs file (make sure you extract it from the zip file first).

ulstersaint
28-04-2015, 07:14 PM
Brilliant all done with usb. Thank you. Are there channel list updates for other satellites and if so is it just the same process with the usb?

mokevin
23-05-2015, 06:38 PM
hi all

could I use channel list from a amiko micro se to a amiko micro hd

thaxxx mokevin

Lavaman
23-05-2015, 09:13 PM
Unfortunately not, they are different chipsets and not compatible with each other. The old Amiko Micro (red version) and the Amiko Combo both use the same chipset, so while I've not tried it chances are you could get away with loading a Combo channel list on the Micro, just make sure you choose Channel List only as the update method as the firmware itself will be different.

ninjagordy
26-05-2015, 04:52 PM
hi guys followed the above, initial flash was fine, update caused error : IDENT Error --UNINIT. i know i need the 3.5 to rs232 converter can someone link me to how to reflash via this method...thanks

d3ean1
17-06-2015, 06:07 AM
When is the next update due as all the movie channels have changed frequencies...thanks in advance

Kashif
18-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Dears,
I have recently bought Amiko Mini Combo box. I am new to Amiko and need some help latest FW and Channel List please. Could anyone guide me?
(Note: I tried to download file at beginning of this thread but the file gets saved as PHP file (attachment.php). Not sure what to do.
Thank you

echelon
18-06-2015, 03:16 PM
(Note: I tried to download file at beginning of this thread but the file gets saved as PHP file (attachment.php). Not sure what to do.
Thank you

that is your browser at fault, not this forum or the download !

clearly you havent studied the forums here, otherwise you would have found this sticky thread from over 13 months ago

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?167478-Attachments-are-php-instead-of-the-correct-suffix

Lavaman
18-06-2015, 07:14 PM
When is the next update due as all the movie channels have changed frequencies...thanks in advance

Already available as of 2 days ago by online update and USB update available from the usual places. There has also been a small update again today for all supported models to switch default audio on movie channels to ENG rather than Dolby - if you don't want to update to todays update just for this then you can just manually switch the audio per channel using the AUDIO (RED) button on the remote.

DaMan
12-08-2015, 08:05 PM
Hi, i have recently bought a amiko mini combo and once i press the menu button on the remote it asks me for a 4 digit password, does anyone know what the password is? I have tried 1234 but it didnt work, i would have tried 0000 but the remote doesn't have the number 0 on it, can anyone help a brother out here?

john_graydon
17-08-2015, 08:48 PM
How do I load the latest emu, as I have seen updates Lavaman.
Thanks

gani12
22-08-2015, 04:45 PM
The Button below the 8 is The Zero Button and Yes it is 0000 x4
hope this helps

raphela
08-09-2015, 07:00 AM
the number 0 is down the number 8, see well...

1982kelly
20-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Hi Laverman I have installed the link you advised to my Amiko mini combo box which the only problem I had was that I didnt have all the channels like BT sport and Disney channels but now I have lost everything and only have the message IDENT Error-UNINIT so i must of done something wrong do you know if I can send this to anyone to get fixed and updated to a new subscription? I dont really have a clue what im doing and now have lost sky sports etc because I updated with that software

Fredster1
02-10-2015, 05:21 PM
Hi can any of these files be used with the amiko 8140 HD ?
Thanks. Fredster1

alande
21-10-2015, 12:59 AM
hi just orderd new amiko mini hd combo im new to this , im using virgin broadband .to get the chanlas frome the cable do ihave to downlod the above firmware ,then icane search for the chanals ,what iwant to know is it all that what iwant ,is there is any thing els .and can i get all hd chanals from the cable search .do still need to use c line if im not using the sat chanals ,pleas help ,many thanks

alande
21-10-2015, 12:17 PM
hi just orderd new amiko mini hd combo im new to this , im using virgin broadband .to get the chanlas frome the cable do ihave to downlod the above firmware ,then icane search for the chanals ,what iwant to know is it all that what iwant ,is there is any thing els .and can i get all hd chanals from the cable search .do still need to use c line if im not using the sat chanals ,pleas

tvone
03-11-2015, 06:50 PM
Hi, hope someone can help. I´m trying to upgrade software on an Amiko mini combo for 27.5 and all versions of software apart from the two on this thread titled ....ALLSD+FTAHD-.... cause the remote to stop working. I then have to flash the receiver via RS232 and start again - I think I´ve tried every link here, from the website and through the FTP upgrade. The software that does work is from 2014 so the message on screen is scrambled.

At a bit of a loss.....

Gemmy63
31-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Hi there, I'm new here and have recently bought a amiko mini combo jd se box. I am not at all technical minded so would prefer to manually set it up? At the moment I am getting no signal. Can someone point me in the right direction please. Thanks.

Haleluja
02-02-2016, 11:46 AM
I use a AMIKO combo mini HD . A few days ago that the update scans for terrestrial receiver indicates that the disk is full and immediately rebooted . I waited several hours to start working , but in vain . starting indicator stays on and ON . I tried to connect to com port but not connected .. ! a man might help you out? Thank you .

lumberjack
06-02-2016, 10:01 PM
Edit: this post shows as post 1, I always introduce myself before posting elsewhere and did so on this forum.
................................. ................................. ................................. ................................. .............

Hi all

new to this (combo) version of the amiko and need help please.

I did a download yesterday via ftp yesterday, which is the from the same source as the firmware in this thread. (282E+275W270415-MINICOMBO.zip)
Mine shows as aug 28 so is I assume the latest) and things are fine,

except I would like the channels to be numbered the same as sky & to get crossepg like I do on a vu+

Can someone advise how please

Incidentally I tried the "AMIKO_MiniComboHD_SE_2.3.45_emu.a bs" but it says bootloader version mismatch. - my firmware is m3612 1.04

I have the enigma2 file Catseye E2 Settings File 28.2 East 08.08.15.rar, is that the way to go? I have no problems using flashfxp.

Happy to take some advice please

with thanks

Haleluja
12-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Hi Forumers,
I use a AMIKO combo mini HD . A few days ago that the update scans for terrestrial receiver indicates that the disk is full and immediately rebooted . I waited several hours to start working , but in vain . starting indicator stays on and ON . I tried to connect to com port but not connected .. ! a man might help you out? Thank you

ulstersaint
10-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Can someone post the latest firmware upgrade please. Can't seem to be able to download it by ftp keeps saying check software ??

Ellie
05-06-2016, 07:37 PM
Can this be used with the amiko a3 box please

madmanuk
21-06-2016, 05:31 PM
hi all I just cannot get a uk sly/virmin channel list for this amiko mini gombo? june 2016 Pleeeeeease
Thanks anyone

mkdon101
23-10-2016, 08:13 PM
hi

iv downloaded the tool make alive my stb to flash my amiko. when i click on upgrade i keep getting the massage unable to transfer data. am i using wrong cables or software? iv got the rs232 with 3.5mm jack and the follow cable which i use to connect the rs to my laptop via usb.

thanks

https://www.******.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

stigrands
18-01-2017, 05:54 PM
Hi Guys,

I tried to flash my amiko HD combo with ***********-282E-ALLSD+FTAHD150415-COMBO.abs

Since that my amiko box now shows no signal but switches from a small 'on' to a big 'on', on the display at the front....?

Any ideas??? I can't even access the menus to reset the box...

Thanks in advance

Knacker
29-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Hi,I have tried to upgrade via internet but I can not do so,I am not sure if my first upgrade was enhanced or not as I cant open the Rar files,any help would be appreciated,thanks.

mattoid
19-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Hi there
I just flashed my Mini Combo firmware using the enhanced option as advised, SW + bootloader, using the guide provided. I now have a box. Two questions;

i. What can I have possibly got wrong?
2. Does anyone offer a recovery service for these, or should I just bin it and start again, cos I can't be bothered faffing about with RS232 and other archaic stuff I stopped using in the last century.

thanks.

JOE.MADDISON
19-02-2018, 06:09 PM
did you flash box with open vix,or vix 4 or other software ?

satpaul
20-02-2018, 05:50 PM

Its not Enigma 2 box

handyandy
23-02-2018, 11:39 PM

You have no clue. Why are you offering advice?

handyandy
23-02-2018, 11:49 PM
What firmware did you load? The latest 1.6.07 is working OK. Did you you update using USB stick with .abs file. Have you access to menus or have you bricked it? You may need to faf with with rs232 option.
Cheers

JOE.MADDISON
24-02-2018, 11:37 AM
WAS ONLY ASKING IF WRONG software had been used ,as others have loaded software for a similar named box.in error