PDA

View Full Version : Ho do I test a Fortech Star stab motor ?

TonyO
11-08-2014, 10:20 AM
Having a clear up in my garage an old F/T stab motor turned up, without connecting it to a dish and sat receiver can I check if its going to work ? I use a 36v actuator for my 1.25mtr dish so I don't want to dismantle a perfectly lined up and working set up.

I took the back of and put 12volts across the motor terminals direct and the motor turns fine in both directions, if I put 12v across the f-socket input on the exterior of the stab motor it does nothing in either direction, I suspect it needs a command signal from the receiver down the cable to initiate controlled movement.

Anyone know how these work or how to test one please?

mdt
11-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Having a clear up in my garage an old F/T stab motor turned up, without connecting it to a dish and sat receiver can I check if its going to work ? I use a 36v actuator for my 1.25mtr dish so I don't want to dismantle a perfectly lined up and working set up.

I took the back of and put 12volts across the motor terminals direct and the motor turns fine in both directions, if I put 12v across the f-socket input on the exterior of the stab motor it does nothing in either direction, I suspect it needs a command signal from the receiver down the cable to initiate controlled movement.

Anyone know how these work or how to test one please?

best way is to make a small patch lead up and test it via a stb,regards mdt