PDA

View Full Version : Box Keeps Cycling Between On and Standby

cookingsherry
15-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Hello! I'm very new to this and have trawled this forum and couldn't find a solution to this, so if I've posted in the wrong place my apologies!

I bought a 6000 HD and have no end of problems with it. First off the wifi strength was terrible, between 1 and 7% in the same room as the router. I finally got it going ok with an ethernet connection, that'll do. But now I can't use it at all as it just constantly cycles between On and Standby, every few seconds. I've tried a different power supply, tried disconnecting the lead to the LNB, even tried swearing loudly...

Do any of you lovely people have a solution to this tat a newbie could follow please? I can't even factory reset as it won't stay on long enough!

Thanks!

jbvid
15-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi
Have you patched it? the problem you mention was sorted way back by loading an earlier patch, so by now you should have updated to the latest patch.

How too here >https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?162474-Setup-Guide-for-Spiderbox-6000HD

Patches here > https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?579-Firmware

jb

Mickha
15-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Beaten to it, if it's not the patch you could try the recovery tool, in the Spiderbox tools, and if that fails, it might be a hardware, fault and need returning to your supplier, if still in warranty.

echelon
15-08-2014, 01:20 PM
if using the recovery tool and old recovery patch , you need a null modem cable and a desktop pc or tower (or very old laptop) with rs232 port on it and ideally running XP too, then follow the recovery instructions to the letter

once done, if it boots ok, put aug 2013 patch in and factory reset, followed by july 2014 patch, and again factory reset

then test it again

its also worth checking if it reboots etc with no lnb coax lead connected, in case that has a fault on it , so psu only for testing, and maybe a scart to the tv

Roadrunner
15-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Hard to tell what happened. Did you patch the box at all? If so which patch did you use?
Have you tried to insert a n-line to your box prior to this problem? I remember that one of the patches had a similar problem when used with an n-line. It happened to me and its taken me about a dozen attempts to be fast enough to disable the line before the box reboots again. Not trying to add to confusion here but its one of the possible (not saying that it definitely is) reasons for rebooting problem.

charlie
15-08-2014, 05:37 PM
My son had the same problem , his Wifi was crap he connected to the Ethernet problem was still there until I realised he had not changed the Network settings to "Network wired", problem solved

cookingsherry
16-08-2014, 01:23 PM
A huge thank you to all of you, very much appreciate the help. I disconnected everything but the power and scart and managed to get to factory reset before it rebooted. It's now happily working and waiting for me to try patching again!

Again, many thanks!