PDA

View Full Version : EPG for 27.2w

DDHBUSH
27-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Hi. I am in Spain at this time and have a Icecrypt S3500 tuned into both Intelsat 907 27.2w and Astra 28.2 via a DisEqC switch.

The old sky box picks up the EPG for all the sky programs including the BBC channels, so the information must be transmitted yet I cannot get the EPG for the BBC programs on my icecrypt box via the astra dish.

My question is does anyone know if it is possible to get the BBC/ITV and channel 4 EPG on the free to air Icecrypt box even if you cannot get the actual channel.
I get the EPG for all the normal free to air channels like Pick, Challenge and film channels.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Dennis

digicon
27-08-2014, 11:51 PM
I dont own an Icecrypt so another member maybe able to clarify better but i do know that there is no EPG transmitted from Intelsat 907 @27.5° west.

buck401
28-08-2014, 08:56 AM
I have Icecrypts and can confirm there is no EPG at 27.5 W.

villamarre
28-08-2014, 09:01 AM
surely you can get the epg from 28,2 as although you cannot receive the channels mentioned you can still see the epg,or you could a while ago

great dane
28-08-2014, 03:55 PM
As far as I know the EPG is an integrated part of the signal for the channels in question. As you have no signal for the BBC channels on 28.2E in your area you will have no EPG.
Don't you have a free local "English" newspaper listing all this information? In the Algarve we have, and it is pretty good too.

buck401
28-08-2014, 04:20 PM
I have loaded an old 28.2 E channel list for BBC, ITV Ch4+5. By switching from 27.5W to 28.2E satellites (I have a feed to each tuner)
I can load the EPG for the week. I can use the EPG to set a record and then switch back to the 27.5 feed and adjust the channel to its
correct channel number. You will need an A-B manual switch with a feed from each satellite and one feed into the Icecrypt.
Try it!!

great dane
28-08-2014, 04:53 PM
I can load the EPG for the week.

How can you do that when located 1000miles south of the footprint for the BBC channels on 28.2E??

echelon
28-08-2014, 05:05 PM
it is my understanding that the EPG on 28.2e has a dedicated frequency and transponder and does not transmit over the actual channel itself , so maybe the EPG channels is seen ok on their boxes, but not the actual channels themselves which will be on different transponders

I know with some boxes we use to download the epg from a particular radio or epg channel (the data download channels) , not sure if this is still the case or not , possibly a tm5402 owner will know ?

3 years ago it was on this and also on a video portal channel too

It can be found on this satellite stream
Astra 2A (28.2E) - IEPG data 1 - 11778.00 V - 27500 2/3 - SID 4189
You need to manually tune it if you don't have the channel. The channel itself is found under radio rather than TV

buck401
28-08-2014, 05:12 PM
The footprint for the(UK channels) is different from the EPG footprint which is pan european

ian
28-08-2014, 05:13 PM
I dont understand the problem here.

Just use Rytec xmltv import. It works on 27.5W if you also use it at 28.2E and as Rytec is downloaded online it does away with the problem of being within the 28E footprint.

Ian.

DDHBUSH
29-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Many thanks for the comments above.
To clarify: I know that there is no EPG on 27.5 so lets forget I mentioned 27.5.
My old sky box does get the EPG for the BBC programs yet does not receive them so they must be transmitted outside of the tv channel. That is what got me thinking. I just can't see it on my FTA box.
I do get the EPG for other 28.2 services.
My internet is via a dongle so it is not practical to link the icecrypt to the internet.
The free paper for the spanish algarve is no longer published.

Buck401 thanks for the response and I am interested in what you say but I am not sure I fully understand about the switches? I did try an old list of stations I found on one of the threads, trying to produce a new channel just resulted in no TV channels found so is it possible for you to upload a fdu file or publish the link to the one you down loaded?

Regards

Dennis

echelon
29-08-2014, 05:15 PM
I do not know the icecrypt 3500 but I didnt think it was a linux box and so I didnt think it can download or use the rytec xmltv files etc (unlke a vu for example)

as for the epg, there is a data channel that the sly box looks at for epg info and that is why a sly box will still get the epg even with no actual channel reception

the transponders used for those uk channels moved onto a new satellite (different satellite) at 28e which was fully do***ented on the forums some time ago and explains why people "lost" the uk channels when they are thousands of miles away , hence the use of satback on 27.5w to try to replace the basic ones like BBC

there are internet options like tvguide on pc and tablets and phones to obtain programme info so hopefully those options give you a tv guide abroad ? they deffo work in the uk anyway, but they are internet options

DDHBUSH
05-09-2014, 05:27 PM
I have now set up my Icecrypt s3500 to both satellites 27.5 (BBC) and 28.2 (Sky) this gives me a sort of EPG as explained below.

I have joined the two satellite dishes together using a DiSEqC switch. I connected the sky dish lead to the left and the other to the right, the centre connection goes to the TV.

I then set the box DiSEqC setting to 1.0 and the sky dish to 1 and the other to 2. This caused me a lot of problems as I did not realise that I had to set the two dishes to different numbers.:rolleyes:

I have attached my FDU file that has the channels laid out as follows:
27.5 can pick up TV channel but not the EPG Channels 1=BBC1,3=BBC2,5=ITV,7=Channel 4 and so on.
28.2 (Sky) can pick up the EPG but not the TV channels
2=EPG BBC1,4=EPG BBC2,6=EPG ITV, 8=EPG Channel 4 and so on.
This is only required for 27.5 dish channels as the others will pick up EPG.

Note1: you need to be on a 28.2 channel to receive EPG.
Note2: If you want to record a program you can select if in the EPG but must go into schedule and change the channel to the one that displays the TV not the one that displays the EPG.

I have attached a copy of my .FDU file and it helps others.

Thanks to all.

Dennis