PDA

View Full Version : Back after a long break

rog8811
02-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Hi Folks, up to a dozen years ago I was heavily involved in card programing for D2mac amongst others, then my cir***stances changed, the waving wock in the garden got sold and I became a sky customer.....
I have just landed in a terestrial TV desert with terrible signal strength so I decided to dust off my old digiquest P2000 and see what I can get to see. I ordered a new dish and couldn't resist getting a Diseqc motor drive to go with it. I then started trying to remind myself of what I used to do to get "other channels" and discover that it has all changed! Card programers are a thing of the past it seems, the sat reciever needs to be on t'internet to do anything..... so I have just ordered a spiderbox HD6000.
Now starts the steep curve to learn another new skill...(I am too old for this)..... I will be reading stuff and asking questions when I have my system up and running, I hope the members here can steer me to the best idiots guides to using my new kit and getting the best out of it.

Regards rog8811

echelon
02-09-2014, 11:13 PM
hello, welcome to the forum

have a good read of any appropriate sections of our forums