PDA

View Full Version : flashing blue / white dot ?

bam27beer
08-09-2014, 01:33 PM
Hi whats with the flashing blue dot on black hole image just starting on this box , but when this shows up up to restart ! Also seem to have got stuck in pip doh upward climb from a spider

echelon
08-09-2014, 02:40 PM
what version of BH image was used ?

please link to the actual image used from here in your reply

you need to provide a lot more info when asking about these complicated linux boxes

bam27beer
08-09-2014, 03:04 PM
sorry fella ,i think its the loading light , stuck 2 mem sticks in the back 64 g/ and 8 g seems ok and its the latest one at the top of the stickies :)

echelon
08-09-2014, 03:16 PM
I believe the front usb is for loading from a stick ?

and the instructions for extraction from the pc file to the fat32 stick should be followed exactly

I assume its this latest BH image here ( 2.1.1 ) ?

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?168173-Black-Hole-2-1-1-Vu-Solo2

you are going to learn that one liner posts dont work on the VU boxes , unlike the extremely simple spiderbox (by comparison)

having 2 threads open at the same time doesnt help either

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?168822-hi-all-newbie-q-s

bam27beer
09-09-2014, 09:15 AM
i know what you mean ,i'll need to add more info ,def a step up from the spider but some memories of using the tm9100 are coming back , it is the 2.1.1 image after intalling it i've now deleted the file from the memory stick as every time i rebooted ,the display showed loading ,only for a couple of seconds but thought no need for that lol,
and did use the front for loading ,but now put both clean sticks in the back ,
the dot has come back a few times mainly trying out a couple of ip channels i downloaded from the panel ,which only a couple work ( earth cams ),
must be a loading icon as when this shows can't do nothing in the box i have to wait until it stops flashing,
but well happy it dosen't have the hdmi handshake issues i had with the spider and skybox f5 which caused issues between my pioneer bluray ,av receiver ,and panny tv , i solved this by using a remote hdmi switcher but now 1 less remote +box needed :)
could you close this thread, and i'll just use the other ,cheers again

echelon
09-09-2014, 09:25 AM
excellent news

yes , a boot image folder and file on a stick in the front usb port would result in it trying to reinstall the box

if you made a store folder on the installer stick and moved the image folder into it , that would stop the installer , as would doing what you did and deleting the image folder on that stick

thread closed as requested