PDA

View Full Version : IPTV quality question

davorp
16-09-2014, 07:20 PM
I live in continental Europe and currently using FilmOn to watch british freeview channels. I was thinking, maybe of getting an IPTV box and paying for a service that would provide all freeview channels in decent quality via IPTV. I see there are myriad of companies who offer UK Freeview via IPTV, but if that is unreliable as someone here suggested, what's the point of paying for it? FilmOn has an OK picture and I rarely had problems with it. It is however a bit tricky to navigate, I can not use a remote etc. What would be the best offer to get UK channels via IPTV in continental Europe that would include some sort of a receiver and HDMI support?

nml
16-09-2014, 07:36 PM
I live in continental Europe and currently using FilmOn to watch british freeview channels. I was thinking, maybe of getting an IPTV box and paying for a service that would provide all freeview channels in decent quality via IPTV. I see there are myriad of companies who offer UK Freeview via IPTV, but if that is unreliable as someone here suggested, what's the point of paying for it? FilmOn has an OK picture and I rarely had problems with it. It is however a bit tricky to navigate, I can not use a remote etc. What would be the best offer to get UK channels via IPTV in continental Europe that would include some sort of a receiver and HDMI support?

What are you using now pc?

In my opinion all of the streams you want are not very good quality where ever you get it from and it will not match the quality you get from satellite.

However if you are happy with FilmOn why not buy a wireless mouse for you pc, it works perfectly as you say why pay for something not much better.

But if you need more consider an iptv box they can give you much more then Freeview.

Hope this helps, nml.

davorp
16-09-2014, 08:10 PM
What are you using now pc?

In my opinion all of the streams you want are not very good quality where ever you get it from and it will not match the quality you get from satellite.

However if you are happy with FilmOn why not buy a wireless mouse for you pc, it works perfectly as you say why pay for something not much better.

But if you need more consider an iptv box they can give you much more then Freeview.

Hope this helps, nml.

I'm using my Smart TV to watch Filmon via browser, but I'd like a better picture quality. I see some companies advertise HD picture on some of the channels. Is that a true HD resolution or just a normal SD? I would be happy with the picture quality that nimble tv offers for their US streams.

seagate1
16-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm using my Smart TV to watch Filmon via browser, but I'd like a better picture quality. I see some companies advertise HD picture on some of the channels. Is that a true HD resolution or just a normal SD? I would be happy with the picture quality that nimble tv offers for their US streams.

why don't you go down the kodi route (XBMC )/gothom it will give you many addons through your pc or android box. you can google your smart tv because some support it but im not sure as thay at to change there name. to kodi because xbox 360.

sorry just to add the streams are not always perfect.

skomedal
16-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Try this site:-
_http://schoener-fernsehen.com/
Regards

holmroad
16-09-2014, 11:36 PM
@daveorp:-
Check your PM mate!

davorp
17-09-2014, 12:41 PM
@holmroad: I have, thanks mate.

@skomedal: Thanks for the site mate. It really looks interesting. I haven't yet tried to pair it with my phone, though I think it should be working well too.

Cheers!

Edit: Such a nice website, but it doesn't work on smart tv :(

skomedal
17-09-2014, 08:34 PM

This site works for me much better than filmon and the filmonHDi player.

-http://filmon-hdi-player.software.informer.com/

Stream it from a spare 4 year old asus lappy with hdmi cable to the 40" salora tv, have tried with a spare HP pavilion lappy but the graphics card could not supply fullscreen on the tv.

Works both wifi and hotwired to the Zyxel router with a 2mb rural adsl broadband.

Central southern norway.

Regards

holmroad
17-09-2014, 11:44 PM
@holmroad: I have, thanks mate.

@skomedal: Thanks for the site mate. It really looks interesting. I haven't yet tried to pair it with my phone, though I think it should be working well too.

Cheers!

Edit: Such a nice website, but it doesn't work on smart tv :(

Hi mate, I too have a smart tv PLUS my MAG250 box with which to 'handle' the IPTV content - is that NOT the big idea mate?

geoffh
18-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Hi,
My set up mirrors holmroad (smart tv + MAG 254+ motorised sat).
I use a payserver for the footy and the quality does vary but as a guide PQ is a couple of notches down on sat HD and SD. So a good HD stream will be better than a sat SD. That said they do vary enormasly especially with data heavy programmes like footy (can be jerky on movement) but i.e. bbc1 hd via steeam is very gd.
Overall I find it a positive experience but of course non of these things are perfect when you are trying to view something you shouldn't
You can pm me for more info if you like

holmroad
18-09-2014, 11:22 AM

Stream it from a spare 4 year old asus lappy with hdmi cable to the 40" salora tv, have tried with a spare HP pavilion lappy but the graphics card could not supply fullscreen on the tv.

Works both wifi and hotwired to the Zyxel router with a 2mb rural adsl broadband.

Central southern norway.

Regards

Looks good mate - and what do you have to pay for this please?

skomedal
18-09-2014, 02:48 PM
Looks good mate - and what do you have to pay for this please?

Not everything has a price yet.

Nowt its free! :D

Regards

Dixie
07-03-2015, 06:15 AM
I have a HP pavilion and get full screen on my TV. It could be that site rather than your graphics card. UPDATE or the model of Pavilion you have sorry.

Central southern norway.

Regards

holmroad
07-03-2015, 02:08 PM
Not everything has a price yet.

Nowt its free! :D

Regards

Trying it mate, but so far I'm being told I need to update to Adobe Pro and also to download latest video version 2.5 downloader, plus AVG giving it as Trojan Generic - but suppose that's to be expected? lol!!
So, so far NOT good!

satwyn
07-03-2015, 04:08 PM
I live in continental Europe and currently using FilmOn to watch british freeview channels. I was thinking, maybe of getting an IPTV box and paying for a service that would provide all freeview channels in decent quality via IPTV. I see there are myriad of companies who offer UK Freeview via IPTV, but if that is unreliable as someone here suggested, what's the point of paying for it? FilmOn has an OK picture and I rarely had problems with it. It is however a bit tricky to navigate, I can not use a remote etc. What would be the best offer to get UK channels via IPTV in continental Europe that would include some sort of a receiver and HDMI support?can't you get signal from astra at 28e bbc itv fta

davorp
07-03-2015, 05:19 PM
can't you get signal from astra at 28e bbc itv fta

No, I can't fit a dish where I live mate. I would need a huge dish for 28e.

skomedal
07-03-2015, 09:22 PM
Trying it mate, but so far I'm being told I need to update to Adobe Pro and also to download latest video version 2.5 downloader, plus AVG giving it as Trojan Generic - but suppose that's to be expected? lol!!
So, so far NOT good!

Sorry for asking, but what device are you trying to load the links in my post 8 too?

These links do not require Adobe pro or video version 2.5 downloader and runs fine with avg, at least on my PCs running win7 home premium, firefox and palemoon browser.

But keep flashplayer, shockwave player and air updated, sometimes these updates cause crashes with the german program ( schoener ) if this happens then just delete this update and reload last known working version.

Regards

davorp
07-03-2015, 09:30 PM
Where do you live?

I live in the Balkans (ex-Yugoslavia).