PDA

View Full Version : Dish Size requirement Southern Spain for Intelsat 907

bigbadger
19-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Hi

Are there any suggestions , footprints showing the minimum dish size requirements for accessing Intelsat 907. I am based in the South of Spain 20km from Gibraltar. I have searched for maps which give some info but I am more confused than when I started. They seem to talk about area maps so not sure what I am looking for. I do have clear line of sight in that direction so no obstructions. If you have a dish receiving this would be interested in the size.

Many thanks

Mickha
19-09-2014, 05:38 PM
A satellite could have a number of beams, so the dish size varies depending on the channels you're trying to view.
Are you after the BBC channels, on Intelsat 907, 27.5W?

great dane
19-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Hi

If you have a dish receiving this would be interested in the size.

Many thanks

A 1.2m dish works fine on the south coat of Portugal. You may even get a good signal with a 1m dish

bigbadger
19-09-2014, 07:08 PM
A satellite could have a number of beams, so the dish size varies depending on the channels you're trying to view.
Are you after the BBC channels, on Intelsat 907, 27.5W?

Correct BBC on Intelsat. I have a 1.1m dish for Sky and get just about all channels (of course not BBC but do get CH5HD)

If I can get away with an 80cm its just a bit cheaper and not so big on the house!!

Thanks

nml
19-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Hi

Are there any suggestions , footprints showing the minimum dish size requirements for accessing Intelsat 907. I am based in the South of Spain 20km from Gibraltar. I have searched for maps which give some info but I am more confused than when I started. They seem to talk about area maps so not sure what I am looking for. I do have clear line of sight in that direction so no obstructions. If you have a dish receiving this would be interested in the size.

Many thanks

I have heard many reports of an 80cm working in your area. I have no problems with a 90cm and 1.25 inland from you near Granada.

The best thing you can do is ask around locally and find out what other people are using, could save you money, but remember a key change is probably imminent.

nml

echelon
19-09-2014, 07:44 PM
this thread https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?167995-Intelsat-907-using-Icecrypt-S3500-receiver-and-old-sky-dish also has recommendations too

thread moved to our dish discussions forum

cj1558
17-10-2014, 11:05 AM
i have mine intelsat 907 on a 80cm dish near malaga