PDA

View Full Version : go to function and dish needs tweaking

cutain
01-10-2014, 07:47 PM
hi all my 80 cm dish is mounted on a scaffold pole, but at ground level, my signal quality seems to have dropped to about 63% and on some channels I get picture break up.

I suspect the dish and pole have rotated slightly due to the wind, and is not properly focused on the sat (hotbird) in my case, the dish has moved in the past and needed re adjusting.

my dish is moterised stab moter , but I cannot recall the exact method of resetting the dish, I cant find (the go to 0 center option in sb 6000 sat settings)

I seem to remember set stab to zero? undo and rotate dish around pole until best signal but am not sure which sat and a frequency I do the initial set up- too .

thank you all

EXTRAFACTO
01-10-2014, 09:04 PM
go to menu...satalites,click that...select hotbird ..go accross...
come down to motor...click that on next page select mode...scroll across untill go to zero appears in box...
before that comes up you will see,position...position step,go to stored,go to satalite,set east limit..set west limit..and others..
the one you require in mode box is go to zero,this will send your motor to zero..0 true south
after you are sure motor is at zero..send it to hotbird...by selecting go to satalite
...when it shows a signal...you can increase it by stepping the motor either west or east..
you should see it increase or decrease...depending which way you are sending it...one click at a time...
when you are happy with result...store the position...(make sure you have correct long and lat for your area in long and lat boxs

skomedal
01-10-2014, 09:29 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?131435-motorized-dish-tutorial

Follow these instructions in post 4 then cannot go wrong.

Regards