PDA

View Full Version : Changed Broadband-problems with Spiderbox!!

chopper1
07-10-2014, 08:14 PM
i have been with talktalk broadband for a few years and changed my contract to TV, Broadband and Phone Essentials TV, Broadband & Phone with Superpowered Fibre package, the engineer came and set up the fibre optic broadband. All seemed fine the fist day but the last few days my spiderbox picture has froze more often and not as stable as before, i do not think my computer is running any faster either, i really wonder is the speed which is supposed to be up to 32mb, i tested it and upload speed is only 9mb
I have contacted talktalk but have had no reply, i am really disappointed as i expected things to be better and ther'e not
Can anyone suggest is there anything i can do at my end with the spiderbox or the HG635 super router to improve the situation?
many thanks

Mickha
07-10-2014, 08:28 PM
An upload speed of 9Mbps is very good, it's the download speed that's important, and that's usually a lot higher than the upload speed.
I doubt your broadband speed is the problem, as my download speed is only between 2-2.5 Mbps and when I was running my spiderbox it was down to less then 1Mbps. I would check, with other spiderbox owners, to see if they're experiencing problems, if using the new gift, or check with your server if using a line.

northend
07-10-2014, 08:30 PM
i have been with takktalk broadband for a few years and changed my contract to TV, Broadband and Phone Essentials TV, Broadband & Phone with Superpowered Fibre package, the engineer came and set up the fibre optic broadband. All seemed fine the fist day but the last few days my spiderbox picture has froze more often and not as stable as before, i do not think my computer is running any faster either, i really wonder is the speed which is supposed to be up to 32mb, i tested it and upload speed is only 9mb
I have contacted talktalk but have had no reply, i am really disappointed as i expected things to be better and ther'e not
Can anyone suggest is there anything i can do at my end with the spiderbox or the HG635 super router to improve the situation?
many thanks

I would phone taltalk up . The new router for fibre is the best on the market . I have mine from talktalk and you should be getting at least 30mb i have noticed the difference for my spiderbox no freezing at all now.

Test all your connections if still no joy like i say phone them up i had the same problem they sent a engineer out the problem was outside.

Just seen Mickha post yes upload speed of 9mb is good mine is only just under 3mb.

Aldo
07-10-2014, 08:33 PM
You could google HG635 super router, and see what info you get ref your problem.

chippy
07-10-2014, 09:06 PM
chopper new instalations can often take a few days to settle down. mine did, it was all over the place. (bt)

satscene
07-10-2014, 09:12 PM
i have been with takktalk broadband for a few years and changed my contract to TV, Broadband and Phone Essentials TV, Broadband & Phone with Superpowered Fibre package,

Hi J,
when i had TT problems i went to their Help Forums, your Fibre one is here
_https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Superpowered-Fibre-Broadband/bd-p/fibre

they sent out their Brightspark engineer at the time to check all the wiring, your speed is ok for the box so i`d be looking at the new router.

chopper1
07-10-2014, 10:46 PM
thanks to all who replies, maybe talktalk have done something or as chippy says its taking a while since last Friday to settle down, rechecked my download speed is 19.16 and upload 1.79
as Mickha said its possibly a problem with my cline

dave d
07-10-2014, 10:47 PM
best thing you can do is bin talktalk, like i did .waste of space . and when you phone for info you are connected to south Africa, or the Philippines,almost impossible to get someone in the uk, if you want super fast broadband, the go with the company that owns it VIRGIN ,:respect-050:

echelon
07-10-2014, 11:59 PM
which is good advice if you are in a cabled area, but if like me you are not, its not an option

many people make the mistake of assuming their upload speeds match the download speeds, they dont unless you pay for it

a typical upload is speed is one eighth of the download speed

there is no requirement for high speed broadband either, a connection of 1mb or more download speed is quite sufficient , so an up to 8 meg standard broadband will work fine no matter who provides it (the download speed (bytes/sec) being one-eigth of the actual speed quoted in bits/sec) as there are 8 bits in one byte)

viduka
08-10-2014, 09:18 AM
i have been with talktalk broadband for a few years and changed my contract to TV, Broadband and Phone Essentials TV, Broadband & Phone with Superpowered Fibre package, the engineer came and set up the fibre optic broadband. All seemed fine the fist day but the last few days my spiderbox picture has froze more often and not as stable as before, i do not think my computer is running any faster either, i really wonder is the speed which is supposed to be up to 32mb, i tested it and upload speed is only 9mb
many thanks

I recently changed my TT package to med fibre & obtained a super router as well. This is working fine with the 6000, so maybe as advised give it a few days to let it bed in.

moondancer
09-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Since changing to TT fibre & TV 2 months ago, my clines have stopped connecting. I have a good 39m download speed. I thought maybe the modem had packed up in my old 5000SD so just upgraded to 6000HD. Guess what? no cline connections and no support from my cccam provider. I think this is something to do with TT. I know the modem is configured to give priority to the TV box even when it is off!
Anyone know about port forwarding?

Aldo
09-10-2014, 10:15 PM
Anyone know about port forwarding?

You could always google port forwarding, or use the search button on the forum for the same, and see what you come up with.