PDA

View Full Version : s4000 and lost channels

stevew
12-10-2014, 08:25 PM
hi am i right in saying that there are no updates for the s4000 for things like channels and firmware, my box has been loosing channels (scrambled) and the box is getting slow to respond have lost lots of hd channels as well. if there is any thing i can do to prolong the use any advice would be helpful .

DJSat79
13-10-2014, 08:19 AM
The latest firmware update was 16/9/13 (v1.11.70) This is available from the downloads section of the Icecrypt.com website. I had a few problems with slow response, but cleared out all the unused sats/channels/transponders by using the Channel editor from the Icecrypt/tools section of the forum - Thanks ColdAsIce for that. Response times now have improved a little. - Good luck

echelon
13-10-2014, 09:23 AM
HD channels have been "lost" (scrambled) on all boxes so just watch the SD equivalents for now, if they still work, nothing to do with your box or its firmware or any plugins either, its a fact of life that broadcasters will try to stop you watching their scrambled channels without a subscription - period

ie:- they want you to fail to decode ANY scrambled channel

but watching scrambled channels is not an icecrypt issue, nor is it a spiderbox issue or a vu issue or any other box issue

use an up to date channel list or scan any new channels in and delete any defunct channels to keep your channel list up to date, like we have had to do for over 14 years in this hobby

the last one by blakmumba was july 2014 so maybe he will issue updated lists soon ?

if not , sort your own channel lists out yourself