PDA

View Full Version : problem with channel editor

dave d
17-10-2014, 03:45 PM
i have a problem with channel editor , loaded it onto the computer, and loaded a channel list , did some editing, and saved the list , now when i try to load the list of any list its says file wrong size , what i 'm i doing wrong , cheers dave

Aldo
17-10-2014, 05:15 PM
It would help if you were to say which receiver the channel editor is for, and which channel list you have edited with the channel editor, until you give that info people will only be guessing at what your problem is. ???

dave d
17-10-2014, 06:04 PM
spider 6000 channel list the latest by compass

Aldo
17-10-2014, 06:19 PM
spider 6000 channel list the latest by compass

That is the list, which version of the Spidebox channel editor did you use to edit it with, the latest version is here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?167861-6000-Channel-Editor-2-1-1-29-06-14

echelon
17-10-2014, 06:32 PM
moved from TOOLS to spider 6000 discussion forum

dave d
17-10-2014, 06:54 PM
the version says its 2.1.1.44,

Aldo
17-10-2014, 07:26 PM

Where did you get that channel editor from. ???

dave d
17-10-2014, 07:28 PM
from here . i dont visit anywhere else regarding sat's

Aldo
17-10-2014, 07:54 PM
from here . i dont visit anywhere else regarding sat's

The latest channel editor for the Spiderbox 6000 is in post#4 of this thread, have you tried it with compass's channel list. ???

EXTRAFACTO
17-10-2014, 09:39 PM
on the spider 6000hd there is a channel editor built in the menu...i use that
by not downloading channel editor off here...am i missing something
i create my own list by scanning the sats i use...then open channel editor already in menu of spider 6000 hd and delete any channels i do not want...to save space
or am i correct in thinking that the downloadable channel editor is for altering someone elses channel list to suit your personal taste in channels

Aldo
17-10-2014, 09:59 PM
With the channel editor you can create and edit your own channel list, by selecting the category of channels that you wish to watch and by doing so it saves you having to delete numerous channels, give it a try and see for yourself.

EXTRAFACTO
17-10-2014, 10:06 PM
@ aldo...thanks for the heads up...yes i have to delete so many
will give it ago...thanks for advice

Aldo
17-10-2014, 10:21 PM
@ aldo...thanks for the heads up...yes i have to delete so many
will give it ago...thanks for advice

Here is a simple how to that I used for setting up my channel list:

Here is how I made my channel list with the channel editor - Select New - Download Internet Database - Basic Download - Select the Sats that you wish or/can receive channels from - In the Right hand Column - Select the channel categories you wish to load (remember 6000 limit) - once you have done that click on Download Internet Database - you will then see the channels being added to the Sats that you have selected. I hope that this will be of some help to you.

EXTRAFACTO
18-10-2014, 09:02 AM
@ aldo...thanks mate sorted now...

Aldo
18-10-2014, 09:22 AM
@ aldo...thanks mate sorted now...

You can make further deletions to your channel list using the editor, when you load the list into the editor, in the left hand column you will see all the Sats that you have selected, if you click the + by the Sat a drop down with all the Transponders opens, you can the delete Dead TP's and TP's with channels that you do not require.

dave d
18-10-2014, 06:39 PM
right i downloaded the editor again, then i download another channels list and its still coming with the same problem saying the files is only 120bytes .yet when you check the channel list files properties its says it is 5000 bytes ,

echelon
18-10-2014, 06:47 PM

bear in mind that the last editor on here listed in the link in post #4 actually IS v 2.1.1.44 if anybody had bothered to download it and check it using the ABOUT option in its menu

so it is a few months old, but I cannot say if this is a fault with the editor or what the OP is doing as I am not the author of this editor nor do I use it at all either

so for info only, that the editor quoted is the editor the OP is using - period

satpaul
18-10-2014, 06:49 PM
I had the same problem its when you try and change sat names works ok if you dont change names

This was on one of my previous posts

Aldo
18-10-2014, 07:02 PM
right i downloaded the editor again, then i download another channels list and its still coming with the same problem saying the files is only 120bytes .yet when you check the channel list files properties its says it is 5000 bytes ,

So why don't you create your very own channel list using the channel editor and the details as in post #13 in this thread, then you will have no problems with the list, then after you have created your own list you can further edit it to suit your needs.

dave d
18-10-2014, 07:13 PM
that doesn't solve the problem of the editor not being able to open other list , and seeing that i have not tried that yet don't even know if it will reopen the list when i make one

Aldo
18-10-2014, 07:18 PM
that doesn't solve the problem of the editor not being able to open other list , and seeing that i have not tried that yet don't even know if it will reopen the list when i make one

Maybe you have corrupted compass's channel list by editing it, and making your own channel list with the editor will take minutes and it will reopen the list for you to edit it if you should choose to do so.

dave d
18-10-2014, 07:24 PM
i have just install the version before the one i'm using , and its load compasses list and also loaded the one i was editing , so I think there is a problem with the editor on windows 8.1 ,

EXTRAFACTO
18-10-2014, 07:31 PM
maybe you have found the source of the problem...no problems here using win7
perhaps someone running win 8.1 could clarify that it works or not for them
someone other than dave d...as he states its not working for him on win 8.1

Aldo
18-10-2014, 07:47 PM
i have just install the version before the one i'm using , and its load compasses list and also loaded the one i was editing , so I think there is a problem with the editor on windows 8.1 ,

Members also had similar problems using Internet Explorer, so it's not a problem with the editor, it is in the compatability with Windows 8.1.

dave d
18-10-2014, 08:37 PM
the thing is why has it got an incompatibility problem with windows 8.1 when the version before this is working perfect , its got to be something that was done in the last upgrade, , that's not down to windows as it works in the version before ,

^^COMPASS^^
18-10-2014, 08:46 PM
My channel list i posted was created with v 2.1.1.44 Spiderbox 6000 Channel Editor On windows 8.1 OS

dave d
18-10-2014, 08:52 PM
The channel list i created was created with v 2.1.1.44 Spiderbox 6000 Channel Editor On windows 8.1 OS thats the one i use compass, also that version of channel editor, and when i first used it, it worked its only when i saved my edited version of your channel list that the editor refused to load any channels list , its not reading the size files properly, that's why it wont load ,

Aldo
18-10-2014, 09:04 PM
thats the one i use compass, also that version of channel editor, and when i first used it, it worked its only when i saved my edited version of your channel list that the editor refused to load any channels list , its not reading the size files properly, that's why it wont load ,

So as I previously stated you must have some how corrupted the channel list whilst you were editing it, and only you will know what it is/was that you did during the editing of the list, as Sat Paul said previously changing the names of Sats etc could have caused that to happen, as he had also had a similar problem.

^^COMPASS^^
18-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Open the Channel Editor
Click on settings
Press: Reset to Defaults
Close settings window & Channel Editor
Open Channel editor and load a channels list

The above will clear the Internet Database Advance Download

dave d
18-10-2014, 10:09 PM
can't be that cos i deleted all traces of the latest version ,then loaded it again ,from a fresh download , then download your channel list again, then tried to load the list , no joy im afraid same problem, (file only 52 bytes) not large enough ) although they are 500 + bytes, same with all the other channels list i have , .yet all the list i have are working OK on the version before the last one , got me stumped :)

^^COMPASS^^
18-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Have you thought about a system restore prior to your issues

How to perform a System Restore in Windows® 8.1

-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbeqOnZkn9I

dave d
18-10-2014, 10:28 PM
no. not doing a restore the computers is running fine except for that, I'll just use the older version , and try the new version, on my other computer on windows 7 , cheers to everyone ,