PDA

View Full Version : icecrypt s1600 no sky channels?

cj1558
23-10-2014, 12:45 PM
i have the icecrypt s1600 set it up with biss uk and sky set up with sky from astra dish working ok
then when tunned in intelsat 907 uk tv ok then lost sky,so joined up another sky cable that was in the house
to box no sky,so took the box back to mine no sky NO SIGNAL but the uk biss still working?

villamarre
24-10-2014, 08:13 AM
are you using a DISeqc switch as you have 2 different satellites to 1 decoder,its possible using the switch and then setting each sat up with a unique number like the following,then just scan both sats and save channels
I have joined the two satellite dishes together using a DiSEqC switch from any TV aerial retailer They can be joined anywhere between to dish and box. I connected the sky dish lead to the left and the other to the right, the center connection goes to the TV.
I then set the box DiSEqC setting to 1.0 and the sky dish to 1 and the other to 2.
Your box should now work with your channels you have set in the box.
The channel settings can be saved or loaded using a usb stick so save your setup so you can always revert back to that.

cj1558
03-11-2014, 12:22 AM
reset box back to factory,then reloaded new firmware and all working again now.

bigbadger
25-11-2014, 09:30 AM
Hi All

Interested in doing the same but so far no success. I have the S1600 downloaded firmware with 28.2E and 27 w from Icecrypt. Connected the cable fpr my Intelsat dish - BBC all working. Disconnected cable, connected Sky cable and dont receive anything (I know cable works as it works on Sky receiver). I chose auto installation as thought that would be easiest. But just received a failed message. Any ideas what the problem could be? I assume this just receives free to air channels? Do i have to do anything with my Sky Card. My logic tells me the receiver is just acting as a free to air receiver so should at least get Sky News. However my logic could be faulty!

brynic
25-11-2014, 06:04 PM
Check that the stb is set to all satellites and not just 907

DJSat79
25-11-2014, 06:49 PM
With your Icecrypt connected to your dish pointing to 28.2°E, try just scanning in the "News" channel mux.... 12207 V 27500 2/3 DVB-S
Any other channels you want, look them up on "Lyngsat" and enter them in one by one. Once you have them, save the channels to a memory stick for future use.

bigbadger
26-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Thanks - will give it a go this evening.