PDA

View Full Version : Sorry. Wrong image found in flash.

McrRed
28-10-2014, 08:06 AM
I've got a "working" system using a VU+ Solo 2 with Blackhole. If I look at system information it says I have BH 2.0.8 even though I have flashed 2.1.1 (it got stuck on the boot screen) and 2.1.0 which seemed to flash correctly other than now showing the wrong information and giving me the sorry: wrong image message.
I've looked all over here and the web and not found any topic which sees this issue through to a solution.

I used to have universes enabled but barely used them.
I have cccam 2.30 and mgcamd 1.38 but can't switch between them because of the Sorry message. Can't use autocam for the same reason.

Obvious solution is to reflash. But as said I have done a few times with different versions but the same effect.
The other day I did a factory reset and flashed BH 2.10 ... Information says 2.08.
I'm wondering if my backup settings might be causing the problem and somehow reverting the image to an earlier version (is this possible?)

Any suggestions for things to try? (As I'm writing this I can tell I'm going to have to start from scratch and reinstall each bit of s/ware 1 by 1) :(
Thanks for reading this far ...

Mickha
28-10-2014, 09:19 AM
If your new image flashed correctly you would have to re-load CCcam, and other software.
Have you followed Lee's guide, for updating your Solo2?
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?159958-Dummies-guide-to-setting-up-Vu-Solo2

If you have followed the guide, and you are still having problems, try a new USB stick, freshly formatted to FAT 32.

Did you buy your Solo2 from Lee, at Goldwafers? If not you might want to check if your receiver is genuine, if it is a clone I wouldn't advise you to even attempt loading the latest version of Black Hole.

http://vuplus.com/pressNewsContent.htm?idx=82

sonic1
28-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Flash a fresh image and make sure you remove any backup images from your USB or HDD, to be 100% sure disconnect them.

DCG
28-10-2014, 06:55 PM
like sonic recommend reflash try an original vu image
run the set up then re flash back to bh 2.1.1 see if that sorts it
also re d/l ther bh image you are installing incase its corrupt some how

McrRed
29-10-2014, 01:54 AM
Well. I removed the big bang. Removed the USB. And then reflashed. Guess what? Image updated to 2.1.0. I farted about with settings and image was OK, autocam worked etc....until I restored my channel settings from backup. Then same problem as my OP.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. At least I know what to do in future and just rebuild all my settings. :-\

sonic1
29-10-2014, 10:46 AM
New image should be released very soon so wait, you also have to remember to read the release notes which will tell you when you can or can not use backups. The latest image use the latest kernel so they are not compatible.

Back up your settings and emu files manually, format your USB and make a clean install with no backups, it will be fine.