PDA

View Full Version : spiderbox help 6000hd signal goes when i turn motor back on

paulupton123
30-10-2014, 04:37 PM
help needed,,
i am on 19 east signal good when i save longitude and latitude signal goes ???
we went into sat settings and tuned channels to a good signal strength and good quality ,,,
as soon as we saved the data and turned the motor back on we lose all or most of the channels ???

JOE.MADDISON
30-10-2014, 04:50 PM
you need to fine tune your east west settings.

echelon
30-10-2014, 06:39 PM
already explained months ago here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?168276-how-do-i-fine-tune-my-hd6000-spiderbox-(-SAT)-signal-strength-ok-qual&p=913316

and here too

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?167497-6000-hd-spiderbox-%28poor-signal-or-poor-picture-quality%29

until you actually sort it out properly, nothing will change

EXTRAFACTO
30-10-2014, 06:47 PM
like joe maddison says...try this
go to menu..settings...come down list to motor...select diseqc1.2/usuals
now select mode...scroll across untill you have position selected
now come down and on direction press either left or right...untill you get your strongest signal
now store that give it a position...1,2,3,4,etc
ps...why do you need your motor set to off...having it on is the point of having a motor

paulupton123
31-10-2014, 08:42 AM
like joe maddison says...try this
go to menu..settings...come down list to motor...select diseqc1.2/usuals
now select mode...scroll across untill you have position selected
now come down and on direction press either left or right...untill you get your strongest signal
now store that give it a position...1,2,3,4,etc
ps...why do you need your motor set to off...having it on is the point of having a motor
thanx extrafactor
i think we did all that you just said apart from the facts that we did it by POSITION STEP in order to move it to west and north( which i know is correct because it is the same as my mates jason satelite setup,,the other thing we did different was that we did not change the POSITION MODE from ? to a given number that you have suggested ,,so is this the reason that it did not save or store it when we pressed the STORE BUTTON,,
the other chap said why did we turn the motor off ??well we did not,,but wen we exited this sequence the motor said NONE we had not c hanged it to NONE we just went in to motor as u have said quoted and did DISQ / usals
anyway i hope wat i have said makes any sense and that you can work out wat we are doing wrong ,,oh and thnx for not being sarcastic like some members seem to enjoy being on many occasions in the past ,
i realise that most people on here are here to help like you have

paulupton123
31-10-2014, 08:43 AM
you need to fine tune your east west settings.
we have done west and north ??? which i believe is correct ??as ive checked with other members

paulupton123
31-10-2014, 08:48 AM
already explained months ago

actually i have spoke to my friend and this is different from when we first set the satelite instalation up as we have had everything working up til now and he done the procedure as stated in my reply to extra factor if you think wat he has done is wrong and you know wat he is doing that is correct that i wou;ld be grateful for any help ,,
o and thnx for taking time to help me

Mickha
31-10-2014, 09:54 AM
There are 2 methods of using a motor.

The first is easy, it's USALS, you enter your Latitude, and Longitude, into the receiver, and the receiver then works out your location and where the dish needs to move to find the correct satellite.
For this to work you need to enter your exact Latitude, and Longitude, which is where some people go worong, as Longitude readings can be positive, or negative, positive readings = East, negative readings = West.
Thus a Longitude reading of 1.25321 = 1.25 East, where a reading of -1.25321 = 1.25 West.

The second is Diseqc 1.2, where you manually move the dish, using your receiver, and manually store each satellite position, so if you want Astra 1, 19.2E to be first, you select Astra 1, 19.2E, move your dish, to get the strongest signal, then store this as number 1.
You can then move to 23.5E and store this as 2, 26E, as 3, and so on, then move the dish West and store your other satellites, each with a different number.
Once set up this works exactly the same as USALS, you simply select a channel and the dish will move automatically.

Can you please tell us which system you prefer to use and a Spiderbox 6000HD owner will help you set it up.

Aldo
31-10-2014, 09:57 AM
It would appear that you have not fully understood the following:

Satellite Setup

Go to Menu / Sat Settings, scroll down the left hand list and click OK to select all the Sats you want to scan, this will give them a tick.
Right arrow across, scroll down to Motor, right arrow to select ‘Diseq/Usals’, OK, Scroll down to Mode, select Drive to Satellite, scroll down to Set Location, OK, Scroll down Set Long then Lat then save, scroll to Go ‘Save Data and run’ thats it.

Now to scan, Goto Menu / Automatic Sat Scan scroll down to ‘Scan select’ and change to ‘All Sat’, thats it, go get a coffee while it scans.

In the Motor settings you Cannot have None, it has to be set to Diseq/Usals, if the motor does not know which of those you are using, then that is why it does not move the dish to any location.

paulupton123
31-10-2014, 11:20 PM
It would appear that you have not fully understood the following:

Satellite Setup

Go to Menu / Sat Settings, scroll down the left hand list and click OK to select all the Sats you want to scan, this will give them a tick.
Right arrow across, scroll down to Motor, right arrow to select ‘Diseq/Usals’, OK, Scroll down to Mode, select Drive to Satellite, scroll down to Set Location, OK, Scroll down Set Long then Lat then save, scroll to Go ‘Save Data and run’ thats it.

Now to scan, Goto Menu / Automatic Sat Scan scroll down to ‘Scan select’ and change to ‘All Sat’, thats it, go get a coffee while it scans.

In the Motor settings you Cannot have None, it has to be set to Diseq/Usals, if the motor does not know which of those you are using, then that is why it does not move the dish to any location.

thnx i will tell my mate whom hopefully will do it this weekend

echelon
02-11-2014, 09:23 AM
actually i have spoke to my friend and this is different from when we first set the satelite instalation up as we have had everything working up til now and he done the procedure as stated in my reply to extra factor

in my opinion its no different, so on that note we will have to agree to differ

my opinion is that if this system was setup correctly in the first place and no changes had taken place, no faults like dishes or motors being moved by the bad weather, no water ingress to the lnb or cables etc, then the system would work faultlessly for years

the symptoms you describe are usually caused by the system not being setup correctly, hence my answers now and previously, or by a fault occurring, including weather "damage"

to have a correctly setup standard motorised system , at least 2 of 3 crucial factors have to be setup correctly

1) the dish , pole mount , motor and lnb all have to be aligned correctly for your gps location , this is an absolute MUST

2) if using USALS to move a usals/diseqc motor, then the USALS SETTINGS (GPS) for your location have to be put into the sat receiver

providing BOTH of the 2 options above have been setup correctly, the system will work flawlessly, providing there are NO obstructions in the way , like buildings , walls or trees etc

there is a third (or alternative option) the older method we call diseqc , so as below

3) diseqc v1.2 is selected in the motor settings and the sat receiver is moved to each satellite using the sat receiver controls , fine tuned and then that position is stored , then the next location is found and stored, repeat , repeat , repeat until ALL locations are found and stored

so depending on how the system is to be used, you can use all 3 options and swap between options 2 and 3 if required

or use option 1 and 2

or use option 1 and 3

so either use options 1 and 2 or alternatively use options 1 and 3 instead

my older spiderbox is setup using all 3 options and all these sat receivers and diseqc motors and dishes use the same procedures

there are alternative motors that use a VBOX and a polar mount where the procedure is different , but we are not considering that because you are not using it and dont own those components either , there may be other systems too, but not in your case here

so

if option 1) has not been done correctly, you will get the problems you keep describing

if option 2) has not been done correctly, you will get the problems you keep describing if using it

if option 3) has not been done correctly, you will get the problems you keep describing if using it

if none of the above options has been done correctly , you will get the problems you keep describing anyway

if the weather has changed ANY of the above setup , you will get the problems you keep describing

so failure to do the above results in these problems , bearing in mind that those of us who have done it correctly for say all 3 options still get problems with weather causing issues like motors and dishes being knocked out of alignment, so even if it was correct 3 months ago or 6 months ago there is no guarantee its correct now and its pointless telling us this information as its not current information, but historical information , so its as pointless as watching the weather forecast now for last february which is when a lot of us had to realign our equipment due to the bad storms, but we have also had recent storms that could cause you issues too

think of it this way, just because your car passed its MOT 3 months ago, that does not mean its roadworthy now and its pointless telling an inspector or magistrate that the tyre wasnt bald 3 months ago so please dont give me a fine or penalty points because its bald now

so as I said, every time you describe a problem its clear to me that the cause of that problem is incorrect setting up or incorrect alignment , in which case you recheck all the options and correct any faults or errors until its working correctly , the test of which is to have it working correctly in USALS, then swap to diseqc v1.1 operation and if you are on say 19e then the motor should not move at all when you change from 2) to 3) or back again

nor should you have to move the motor left or right using the buttons or the remote if its setup correctly

nor should the motor move if you change from no motor to a motor on say 19e as both usals and diseqc v1.2 should know you are on the correct point and therefore no MOVE command would be sent to the motor

so tell your mate to read the comments in this thread , to set it all up as per the comments in this thread, to test it on both usals and diseqc v1.2 on 19.2e and on 13e etc and ensure that each position is found correctly , stored, and no movement occurs for either motorised option when staying on that one satellite , then test for another satellite until all the ones in use are tested

so once the above has been done, the system is in alignment (so motor , pole , dish , lnb , spiderbox) and will perform correctly with none of the issues you describe - for the time being, but the weather could alter it and cause it to need to be redone again at any time, even the day after you have set it up !

so I repeat, your system is NOW not setup correctly (even if it was before) - period

and every reply in this thread has told you this , so nobody needs to tell you what you or your "mate" are doing wrong, all you have to do is do everything "right" , the same as everybody else does

paulupton123
02-11-2014, 04:44 PM
thank u echelon
i do appreciate everything u have said
my mate has yet to reply to my number of messages on here nor is he answering his telephone calls ive made to him so i am yet to try and do anything as yet(SUNDAY 343pm) ,,
if he doesnt get back to me,, then i will try my best to do it myself with all the very good advice that both u and other kind members have suggested on here
once he turns up and does it or if he doesnt turn up and i end up doing it,, i will definatley let you know how it all goes ,,
i think it will probably monday as i did message him on here and say that if i had not heard from him by then i will do it myself,,unfortunatley i cannot check if he has read or received my messages
thnx again much appreciated

paulupton123
02-11-2014, 07:11 PM
its 1804 im trying to do it myself as my mate wont do it anymore for me ,,i have a problem i have got to the scan all satelite and its come up with the QUOTE saying ' CHANNEL LIST FULL ,,,,wat does this mean and how do i solve it??

Roadrunner
02-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Delete all channels before scanning new channels in (also make sure you tick TV channels only and omit the radio channels as there is not much room for the total channels (6000 ? )and that's including all services that your box can scan (including any radio channels and dead tps + other crap) Rule of thumb is you set up your system properly and then scan all the sats within range one by one with all the filters in place so things like memory full doesn't happen. In the ideal world though you should be setting up your gear properly first and then loading up the channel list that you created using a channel editor.

skomedal
02-11-2014, 07:26 PM
its 1804 im trying to do it myself as my mate wont do it anymore for me ,,i have a problem i have got to the scan all satelite and its come up with the QUOTE saying ' CHANNEL LIST FULL ,,,,wat does this mean and how do i solve it??

Spiderbox 6000 mean what it says :-

Total channel capacity 6000

Try deleting channels you do not watch:eek:

Regards

skomedal
02-11-2014, 07:28 PM
Snap Roadrunner:respect-062:

Regards

paulupton123
02-11-2014, 07:57 PM
thnx for telling me i did not realise

echelon
02-11-2014, 08:48 PM
if the channel list is "full" then somebody has been messing with the box doing channel scanning and with a full channel list all kinds of erratic problems may emerge

the trick with any box, especially the spider6000 , is to keep it within its limits , same as you dont overfill a kettle or a mug of tea or the petrol tank in a car

how do you solve it ?

empty it out a bit, by deleting rubbish channels or dead ones

alternatively, load a premade list like the compass list , one that doesnt overfill the capacity

so if your mate set it all up correctly a few months ago, its either moved due to wind or storms, or you have been messing with it and its no longer the same as when your mate left it in a fully working condition - ie:- user error (yours)

paulupton123
02-11-2014, 08:49 PM
i have done everything u have said as above and it has now loaded new channels but i seem to have lost over 500 channels etc like germ sky spotrs bein sports etc any ideas??

echelon
02-11-2014, 08:52 PM
scan them back in , making sure you dont overfill the box

or use a premade list like the compass motorised list instead (letting somebody else do the work)

paulupton123
02-11-2014, 09:11 PM
echelon i think i have made a mistake ,,
cos the space was full i deleted all the channels that i had
when i then done the scan it reoaded wat looks like a lot of new channels and a hell of the old channels i had like sky sports germ etc on astra 16 have gone im realy struggling here cos my mate has stated he no longer wants to help me in my private messages cos apparantly people were telling him off on here or running him down ,,now i am stuck mate is there anyway i could call u on my telephone so as i can try and explain etc and hopefully talk me thru it or advise me wat i need to do

echelon
02-11-2014, 09:23 PM
this forum offers guidance only, not a personal service , so no, I definitely will not be doing as you have asked and I doubt anyone else will either although they are welcome to pm you if they wish to do this privately

you need to learn to do all this for yourself, not be passing the buck for others to do it for you or to get them involved when that is not the purpose of a forum, a forum like this is to exchange ideas and then do things for yourself, so you learn the process as you go , like learning to drive for example, people who have drivers driving them about employ them as chauffeurs , so its either D.I.Y. or employ somebody

Aldo
02-11-2014, 10:18 PM
You could make your own channel list using the channel editor here;

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?167861-6000-Channel-Editor-2-1-1-29-06-14

Here is how I made my channel list with the channel editor - Select New - Download Internet Database - Basic Download - Select the Sats that you wish or/can receive channels from - In the Right hand Column - Select the channel categories you wish to load (remember 6000 limit) - once you have done that click on Download Internet Database - you will then see the channels being added to the Sats that you have selected. I hope that this will be of some help to you. After you have done that save your channel list to a USB Stick, delete all of the channels currently on your receiver, then load the channel list from your USB Stick, you will have to move your dish to the required Sat(s), and save each Sat position before moving on to the next Sat.

paulupton123
03-11-2014, 06:55 PM
have u got a link for a premade channel list please ?? as i think ive deleted mine as i dont realy know wat im doing now ,,e****MY MATE wont answer my calls or messages told me to get the site to do it for me i tried putting one on here on my spiderbox but its completely useless,many thnx

skomedal
03-11-2014, 07:00 PM
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?164222-Spiderbox_HD6000_-Channel_List

Regards

paulupton123
03-11-2014, 07:03 PM
i have been trying now for over 12 hours to this
i cant get any channels now
lost my channel list
does anybody on here know of a contact tel number for somebody to come to newbury berks rg19 ?? obviosly i will pay them to do it cos im now drained and i just feel im guessing how to it
please private message me

skomedal
03-11-2014, 07:10 PM
lost my channel list

Get another satellite receiver that is more plug and play friendly if you cannot manage the SB 6000.

Seems you are not following good advice with this box Re. post 20 on this thread.

Regards

paulupton123
03-11-2014, 07:11 PM
have loaded it no sucess i need somebody to come round and do it .i will pay them

skomedal
03-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Loading a new channel list {could be your channel list or one from *****}

Now place the USB stick back in the SpiderBox

Menu **** Accessory **** USB ****

Move the cursor down to the file that you want to download from the USB stick
Now follow the on screen instructions,
After you have updated your receiver it will reboot,

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?161756-Setup-Guide-for-Spiderbox-6000HD

Read learn and inwardly digest:beatdeadhorse5:

evens
03-11-2014, 07:44 PM
that mate is me and ive allways been there when hes rang me.sometimes i do have a life. and i have told him to read wot people have told him.

Mickha
03-11-2014, 08:02 PM
lost my channel list
does anybody on here know of a contact tel number for somebody to come to newbury berks rg19 ?? obviosly i will pay them to do it cos im now drained and i just feel im guessing how to it
please private message me

Can you please post more information, regarding your problem.
The first post, in this thread, was regarding a motor problem, that you lost signal when you turned the motor on.

Now you seem to be having a problem scanning channels in, or loading a channel list.

Can you please explain if the problem is that you can't scan in any channels or is it that now you haven't got a signal, on 19E?

There should be a manual scan option, in the Spiderbox 6000HD, if there is, and your dish is pointing at Astra 1, 19.2E, can you try scanning in 10744 H 22000 DVB-S, these are FTA German channels, in Standard Definition.

If you get these channels please post the signal quality/strength readings.

paulupton123
03-11-2014, 09:09 PM
Can you please post more information, regarding your problem.
The first post, in this thread, was regarding a motor problem, that you lost signal when you turned the motor on.

Now you seem to be having a problem scanning channels in, or loading a channel list.

Can you please explain if the problem is that you can't scan in any channels or is it that now you haven't got a signal, on 19E?

There should be a manual scan option, in the Spiderbox 6000HD, if there is, and your dish is pointing at Astra 1, 19.2E, can you try scanning in 10744 H 22000 DVB-S, these are FTA German channels, in Standard Definition.

If you get these channels please post the signal quality/strength readings.
thnx mikha i have now contacted my friend he is coming this week to do it as he has been away ,i seem to have messed it all up tryting to sort it myself ,,but i will show him all the replies from everyone and hopefully we will get it working ,,i dont understand most of it and seem to do it all wrong i think its best to leave it to the people that know wat they are doing ,,thnx again thou for all your help and to the other kind people on here,and im sorry if i run my mate down on here i didnt mean to at all

jbvid
03-11-2014, 09:45 PM
@paulupton123
Hi
Get your pen and paper out when he comes round and write the procedures down for each operation, then make sure he lets you have a go at them before he leaves.
jb

paulupton123
03-11-2014, 10:07 PM
thnx .yes good idea i will have practice it u are right

paulupton123
07-11-2014, 03:41 PM
its ok,,i did not realise that

any just to let you know my friend came over and he managed to sort the problem and its now all working fine ,

thank you to everyone one here that kindly put up their advice for me ,very much appreciated

echelon
07-11-2014, 03:52 PM
good

now I hope you have the correct settings for your box now its working ok

write down the settings, the longitude , the latitude , backup the channel list to usb stick and keep it safe

write down the number of tv channels and radio channels and add the 2 numbers together to ensure its below 6000 in total

and no more scanning unless you know how , due to the limit of 6000 combined radio and tv channels channels on your box

rasp
07-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Also delete radio channels on every sat you scan that will free up a bit of space for more tv channels

Aldo
07-11-2014, 08:53 PM
Also delete radio channels on every sat you scan that will free up a bit of space for more tv channels

That would be time consuming, it would be better to just scan to TV Only, then there is no need to delete radio channel. he could also delete all of the dead Transponders on every Sat.