PDA

View Full Version : Dish only going East

Knacker
08-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Hi,my Dish will only go east from the Stb,when I try from the dish button it still only East,it is more than likely it's the Motor gone South but I keep hoping I may be wrong and there is a fix,regards Knacker

cannydo
08-11-2014, 05:30 PM
I had the same problem over a year ago bought a new motor didn't need it hehe turned out the limiter had been switched on to 13e. Grandkids had been mucking about with remote so check that m8 may well be limiter.

DCG
08-11-2014, 05:32 PM
a bit more info might just help

wat Motor ???????????
wat reciver ????????????

plz give more info

Knacker
08-11-2014, 05:34 PM
H and H about i year old

Aldo
08-11-2014, 05:45 PM
H and H about i year old

As previously posted by cannydo, check the East and West Limits are set to Off, then try again.

Knacker
08-11-2014, 08:46 PM
I did try to check East and West limits on Spider 6000 manually as the Dish would not go west nor East,I switched for an Eaglebox,did not make any differ,I am going to put up the scaffolding tomorrow and take the Motor off and have a look inside I may learn something ie if the Motor is dead as I expect or if I can resurrect it,I live in hope,Knacker

cannydo
08-11-2014, 08:58 PM
When you get access to your dish try to move it with the manual button underneath. If you can I would change the main cable first then test again.

andy gg
09-11-2014, 12:21 AM
Remove the F-plug from the cable that comes from the motor to STB if its green you have had water in it.
If clear its one thing to eliminate.

digihoe
09-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Look at reseting the motor, often you can do it on the motor and by the stb. It has worked for me when I had the same type of problem, but I had a diffrent brand. Reset by box is something you should look for in the manual, if you don't still have it then you should be able to find it on the rotor brand website.

Good luck!

gbmitie
09-11-2014, 07:22 PM
make of motor ie is it a dark motor, a technomate, or something else? also the make of the normal reveiver. the idea is someone else may have the same rig. and are you using usals, did you double check the sat cables on box and so it goes.

benzine
09-11-2014, 07:27 PM
I have the same problem, but only when the cold weather arrives. Motor loses all satellite positions when frosty and has to be re-set. Fine the rest of the year.

Knacker
09-11-2014, 09:10 PM
The Motor is a Technomate H and H all metal,and I have te=ried the suggestions made from previous posts of which I am grateful,I now have the Motor off the and the Dish on 28.2 I will open the thing during the week when I Google how and have a look being all Metal there may be a way to replace cog wheel but I am thinking the easiest option is buy another one from Lee,regards IKnacker