PDA

View Full Version : vu+ solo2

turbonetuk
10-11-2014, 10:23 AM
seen on a cccam site that if your receiver is on the same ip address as your computers
you will get more freezing

is this true

as I use my computer to download from my Vu+ box

should I if possible change the ip address to something different

can this be done

echelon
10-11-2014, 10:31 AM
if you are talking about an ISP IP address then 2 different internet connections would have to be used

for example, one connection on VM and the other on BT

if you are talking about local lan IP addresses then each piece of equipment should have its own unique local LAN IP address, so this can be set manually which I do for my vu and other boxes and NAS

assuming you have one internet connection only, then no you cannot do anything about this

you will find that if you are uploading to the net then your cccam reception is affected as you are effectively blocking communication, but unless you are maxxing out the download with a torrent etc then your cccam should remain largely unaffected providing you have no uploads in progress

turbonetuk
10-11-2014, 10:47 AM
thanks echelon
I will leave it as it is
its fibre optic internet I have got
so most of the time its ok

just seeing that info made me think if I could get 100% no freeze

echelon
10-11-2014, 10:49 AM
doesnt really matter if its 2 meg , 8 meg or fibre to the premises as far as reception goes

if you dont have FTTP, then you will actually be on copper backed up with local optical fibre , usually in the cabinet (FTTC) and even on cable its a copper connection to the premises normally. Many people say they are on fibre, but very few actually are as it would involve fibre to the premises and an optical modem at the premises

if you have 50 people exiting your front door all at the same time, the incoming callers will have to wait ;)

if you have 50 people entering the front door at the same time, the number 49 will have to freeze and wait

even with a bigger or wider door you will still get problems, as can be seen at football grounds at exit time

turbonetuk
10-11-2014, 11:07 AM
what would be the best thing to do
to ensure a very good connection
box is connected by Ethernet to the router

echelon
10-11-2014, 11:29 AM
nothing else to do, just change the dhcp to off and use a manually allocated ip between 2 and 253 but well away from the start address

so if the router uses 1 , choose from say 20 upwards for any fixed ip`s

if it uses 254 like an infinity router, again choose from say 20 upwards for your fixed ip`s

so maybe have the solo2 on ip 50 , your pc on 60 , a nas on 70 etc

it is what it is, but fixing the ip allows you to connect using ftp etc using the same login every time

however, maxxing out your upload is what tends to cause issues, as its a smaller bandwidth than your download, but if maxxing out your download regularly you need to limit both in any torrent program you use , as you dont want to max out either (or both)

for example, if I were to upload a file onto here into a post, that can max out my upload and if I had my spiderbox on say sony tv it would glitch whilst the upload is in progress , proving what I have said above

this proves that maxxing out the upload (transmission) causes the sea lion to glitch in the reverse direction (reception)