PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with fixed sly dish. Am I missing out?

swindontown
12-11-2014, 10:49 PM
Hi all

I have just got a Spiderbox with a cline, and set up my channels. I have read lots of threads on here talking of softcams and keys - do these only work with a motorised dish? I feel like I may be missing out after spending the evening reading the forum :respect-050:

I've read other "newbie" threads which have even left me confused.

Should I install some of the softcams, or is this irrelevant until I get a motorised dish?

Thanks in advance.

echelon
12-11-2014, 11:02 PM
the latter

swindontown
12-11-2014, 11:13 PM
the latter

As I suspected. I'll need to do a lot more reading to get myself up to speed with a motorised dish.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

hianta
12-11-2014, 11:29 PM
Hi all

I have just got a Spiderbox with a cline, and set up my channels. I have read lots of threads on here talking of softcams and keys - do these only work with a motorised dish? I feel like I may be missing out after spending the evening reading the forum :respect-050:

I've read other "newbie" threads which have even left me confused. Should I install some of the softcams, or is this irrelevant until I get a motorised dish?

Thanks in advance.

Like you say , Your on the UK sat so softcam will only open a few channels and not on this sat? You also say you got a line, so If you do go for a motor or other set up? I would wait till your line is about to end and activate the freebie on the box,( If you set up for other sat's) This way you can see and compare what is worth looking at and you would have freebie for the year? ( and I mean If sly is worth looking at ;) )