PDA

View Full Version : updating TS Media, now VIX wont boot

johnski
23-11-2014, 10:11 PM
so i was trying to update ts media when i got an error about no space available (not true i have several hundred gigs available), i left it for 10 minutes and it did nothing so i pulled the plug, now vix wont boot, it stuck on the openvix splash screen,any idea's as to a possible remember (without doing a fresh install)?

saintomer1866
24-11-2014, 07:03 AM
sounds like your out of flash memory, of which you don't have several hundred gigs available
too many plugins installed ?
you need to delete ts media from your extensions folder (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/)
then when it's running again you will need to either remove some plugins that you don't use or move your extensions to the hdd
search for a plugin named 'flash expander' this will be your easiest solution
otherwise you can manually copy your extensions folder over to hdd and then add a symlink for it in your plugins folder (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/)

St.O

Burnham
24-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Another option with ViX is to create a swap file.

To recover you might have to re-install from start.

roybach
25-11-2014, 07:00 PM
I know this isn't any help to your problem johnski but elsewhere it's been mentioned that the Author of TS Media states the next build will not work with Vix anymore, so you could be wasting your time should you intend to upgrade TS Media in the future.

johnski
25-11-2014, 08:33 PM
hi all, i reflashed using the latest image and everything is now fine.

many thanks