PDA

View Full Version : no signal box wont respond with lmb sat cable connected?

cutain
28-11-2014, 01:47 PM
hiall yesterday put new channel list into my month old spiderbox , all working fine descent signal etc.

I turn all my stuff of at night power sockets.

today turn box on and get (no signal message)_box does not respond to remote control or turn on /off .

if I undo the sat cable from rear the box responds via remote and front panel.

although the lnb is new swopped it over for another new one, still get no signal/tried with older sbox this will not work either.

the sat lead appears ok I have no error codes on front display on either box.

so what can I try I am not 100% sure I am bang on the sat (hotbird) but have not altered channels from yesterday.

thank you

Roadrunner
28-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Try and undo the f plugs from both ends of the Lead as well as the patch lead and re-do them. SOunds like a cross threaded wires or water ingress somewhere.
Edit: ALso check you have the correct lnb type selected in the Satellite settings

cutain
28-11-2014, 02:07 PM
thanks for reply, I have just used the feed from skyminidish to the sbox 0n 28e and got a picture so sbox appears to be ok.

I will check and undo f connectors water ingress may be the culprit.

still cannot find the fault, but antenna overload appeared briefly when connecting the sat cable to sbox

JOE.MADDISON
28-11-2014, 07:58 PM
looks likely that problem is badly made f connector at rear of spiderbox loose braid wires/intermittent connection or one braid wire shorting to inner wire

hianta
28-11-2014, 09:23 PM
always nice to find the little gremlin in the circuit before it does real damage? good luck..