PDA

View Full Version : 9000 channel list crash and recovery

TonyO
01-12-2014, 01:13 PM
My 9000 crashed this morning doing a blind scan, I did a mains restart and not one channel left in the list.

I was about to load a saved one from 3 weeks ago when I decided to attempt saving the empty crashed list, it seemed to save something so I turned the box off then back on and reloaded from the usb, low and behold my crashed channel list was back working again, I know its the same list as the tweaks I did on fox sport on 9e were there with the latest biss keys I only loaded this morning.

The moral here is don't give up too soon when the box crashes, try a save first and reload before you load an old list back.

johnhenry
04-12-2014, 02:56 PM
TonyO I have had a similar accurance when doing a scan in the past with my 9000HD. After finishing the scan and saving new channels I went back to browsing my new saved channels in channel manager nothing opened! I then went back to my favourites clicked my remote on channels that usually open to find these were not opening either on any of my three satelites. What really surprised me even the free to air channels were effected ie no picture. Had to admit it did cause me to swear at the time. With head clearing after calming down I just shut down as you did turned all back on and it worked okay ie nothing had changed. Since that time it has happened again and I just rebooted in the menu and all okay with out switching off. So like you would say to others do not go playing around just either reboot or switch off and on again first. Simple actions save a lot of problems.